Default Banana stuffed french toast

I have not seen this at CN. I see it all over the message board. I am going to CN in February and would love to try this. I think I am going to have to put in a reguest for breakfast one day to have this. My mouth was watering while I was reading some of the postings on this. Yum.

From what I understand it is not available at CN unless things have changed. I would love to see it at CN also, but we have never seen this in 5 visits. They have wonderful made to order omlets though

We went to CN in July (4th time there). On one morning they did have banana stuffed french toast on the buffet. We have not seen it at CN on any of our other trips.

I don't know about CN but this is an option every morning at Patios Patio at CSA. It is fabulous! If you are a Couples repeater use your Trader's Pass and go over to CSA for breakfast one day.

Default french toast

I just read your message.. I hope CN has Bananna french toast when I go there in March 1-8. I sounds really good. Yummy

That sounds so yummy. A group of us are going to CN the 1st week of March and I would love to have that for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson11 View Post
    I have not seen this at CN. I see it all over the message board. I am going to CN in February and would love to try this. I think I am going to have to put in a reguest for breakfast one day to have this. My mouth was watering while I was reading some of the postings on this. Yum.
    To the best of my knowledge, Banana Stuffed French Toast is available only on the menu at Patois Patio at CSA. If you are a repeater, when you go to CN do the Trading Places to visit CSA for a day and you can order the BSFT when you are there! It is fabulous!

Randy, Can we request that CN add Banana Stuffed French Toast to their menu? And quickly - since we arrive in a week?

Default Agree with KathyK

Randy I agree with KathyK, we need to have it added to menu at CN.CN is our home and we don't like going other places. Done that before...Big mistake. Went to CSA ( never saw the BSFT)for a week and for me and my husband , it was not for us. The service was poor and some of the visitors were very rude.My husband and I were laying down by the beach and a group come along and laid besides us and was making fun of other visitors. I could not believe what I was hearing. In all the years of going to CN, I have never heard one guest make fun of another guest.. The service was poor in some of the resturants. At one resturant they placed rolls on our table, but she basically threw them on the table and knock over my wine. So we don't venture far from home anymore. CN is our place....
    Last edited by Tennyson11; November 10th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.

Hey Kathy what about us on the other side of the island? I think Banana Stuffed french toast would be good at CTI or CSS too. Every time I see this I get hungry.

Maybe you could request banana french toast without dissin' CSA. I'm just sayin...
    nobody's favorite poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cubismo View Post
    Maybe you could request banana french toast without dissin' CSA. I'm just sayin...
    Really! Couldn't have said that better myself, Cubismo!

Quote Originally Posted by KathyK View Post
    Randy, Can we request that CN add Banana Stuffed French Toast to their menu? And quickly - since we arrive in a week?
    CSA has two options for breakfast: the buffet at the Palms and an ala carte menu at Patois. The banana stuff French toast is a menu item at Patois. At CN, there is no restaurant featuring an ala carte menu for breakfast; there is only the breakfast buffet at the Cassava Terrace.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

This thread is making me HUNGRY.

Hi Cubismo & NJ-Yinzer,

In regards to my post , I am sorry you both seemed offended by my honesty. I am not dissin the resort. I am just stating that is was not for me or my husband. That's all. Everyone has their favorite and we should not be offended when one guest does not care for one of the resorts. Don't take it personal. After all, we are entitled to our own opinion. No disrespect.
    Last edited by Tennyson11; November 11th, 2010 at 10:59 AM.

We are still 61 days away from our trip and all this talk about BSFT got to me. I searched the internet and found a recipe. Made it last night for dinner and it was wonderful!

We are going to be home to CTI in exactly 84 days and have been reading about all this talk of BSFT! we cannot wait to try it. It sounds awesome. so excited to see our family again

Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson11 View Post
    In regards to my post , I am sorry you both seemed offended by my honesty. I am not dissin the resort. I am just stating that is was not for me or my husband. That's all. Everyone has their favorite and we should not be offended when one guest does not care for one of the resorts. Don't take it personal. After all, we are entitled to our own opinion. No disrespect.
    I think your criticism of CSA is unfair in that you seem to imply that all guests at CSA are rude. That's not true. CN is our favorite, but to suggest that no jackass has ever stepped foot on property is entirely incorrect. We've heard CN guests talking to staff members as if they were living in colonial Jamaica; for example, saying "good girl" to the woman serving drinks on the beach and then talking about how difficult it is to "train them" as the woman walked away but was still within hearing distance. Seriously, I don't talk to or about my dogs like that.

It would be unfair, however, to suggest that this is how every guest at CN behaves, and although you may have encountered a particularly rude group of guests at CSA, they've likely left by now.

As far as rude service is concerned, it's inappropriate to suggest that service is perfect at CN and rude at CSA. The employees at all four resorts are generally friendly and polite, but it's possible to encounter rude service at any, including CN. No one objects to your having a preference, but it isn't too much to ask that your "honesty" be grounded in substantive aspects of the resorts.
    Last edited by Pamela; November 15th, 2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Pamela

We long for BSFT ... Thinking about it Breakfast is an under rated meal at CSA. Great selection at Palms & the ala carte at Patois including BSFT. Whilst mentioning Patois Derrick who greets you has such a wonderful manner & a great person. Think we might have to sell our house so we can return..

It would seem this request should more likely go to CN's Head Chef (Misja Ruijs). Not to say that Randymon doesn't exert broad and strong influence, but the Head Chef would be more likely to control (at least partially) menu offerings.

I say this because there is another menu item that is mostly associated with CSA. We had it as an appetizer before CN's repeat guest dinner once. Misja happened to be there and we asked if that meant he would now serve it regularly at CN. We received a very direct, somewhat stern reply, "No. It will not be on my menu".

That obviously doesn't preclude CN from ever serving BSFT, but is an indication of Misja's standpoint on adopting items from other Couples resorts. Perhaps convincing Stephan (sp?) Path that the item belongs on menus of all 4 resorts would do the trick.

There is a breakfast menu, of sorts, at CN: the room service menu for breakfast. Adding BSFT to that menu would be a major change. But even if it is not available, we'll probably still continue to return to CN far more often than to CSA.
    Last edited by rudi; November 16th, 2010 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    . . . Stephan (sp?) Path . . .
    Since you weren't sure about your spelling, it's Stefan Spath.
    Last edited by Pamela; November 16th, 2010 at 05:30 PM.
    Pamela

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    ... it's Stefan Spath.
    I was way off. Instinctively knew something was wrong but too lazy to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    ... you're spelling...
    ("you're"??? Surely that was intentional. )
    Last edited by rudi; November 16th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post

("you're"??? Surely that was intentional. )
    Yikes! I really need to start proofreading before I press the "submit reply" button!
    Pamela

I think this message board is great. I feel that we should be able to state our opinion without other people being offended by one's honesty or experience. I am not trying to show any disrespect towards any of the resorts. We love CN,just like some of you love CSA, CTI and ect.I don't get upset when a guest finds themselves unhappy at CN. I am sad to hear it, but I certainly don't make a comment. Who am I to tell them how they should feel. I don't feel any of you should have made a comment about my experience at CSA. Again no disrespect.

OMG, 116 days till I will be having my favorite breakfast item at CSA!!!!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15