Hybrid View

Default Help...booked CN but having second thoughts

I would like some input from those of you who have been to CN and CSS. I know that SSB has much better nude facilities and the beach is private but since i was worried about all the walking and stair climing (back problems), we decided to go with CN.
    I have been reading that there is no privacy on CN beach because of people passing by all of the time.....is it so much that it makes you feel uncomfortable? How about getting into the ocean, will you be on a public display to a lot of people?
    Re CSS, I didn't the look of the river cutting across SSB with the fishermen going by....and I've read the water is cold because of the river......I'm seriously doubting our choice and I feel conflicted now about what is best. Leaving in 50 days but wondering if I should change resorts to CSS....HELP please..

lhenry:

We've done both. Love them both. At CN, just sit back a ways from the water and you'll have privacy from the walkers. There are beautiful seagrapes trees for shade and extra privacy if you want to sit strategically. As for going to the water, just wrap the floatie around yourself and step into the water. That way, you'll be protected also. Having said that, we really like CSS. We will probably go to both on our next trip.

Bilkat

Quote Originally Posted by Bilkat View Post
    lhenry:

We've done both. Love them both. At CN, just sit back a ways from the water and you'll have privacy from the walkers. There are beautiful seagrapes trees for shade and extra privacy if you want to sit strategically. As for going to the water, just wrap the floatie around yourself and step into the water. That way, you'll be protected also. Having said that, we really like CSS. We will probably go to both on our next trip.

Bilkat
    Well said Bilkat,(miss you guys) I agree some people have the misconception that they are in the wide open space of the beach, the AN beach is set up so it does give you very private areas available if that is what you prefer.

We have decided to stick with CN because of the beach...we are not pool lovers and prefer to stare out at the ocean rather...taking in the beauty of it.

Good idea to wrap the floatie around when heading to the water but what if you just want to swim and not float!!!! I guess make a dash for it or have another drink and walk leisuely and gracefully into the water.....!

My only real concern is running into kids...that would feel kinda weird to me....adults no problem mon but the children.......aehhhh!

We love CN and CSS in that order. We are beach people too.
    There are not that many kids walking the beach at CN. I am very very shy and it doesn't bother me to walk down to the ocean nude. Course I am 51 and not a model so probably no one cares anyway.
    Have a great time. We leave friday and can hardly wait.
    Next time try CSS. Getting out to the ocean at the AN beach is an adventure, through the river. Once you do, it is totally worth it. I have terrible knees but the resort is gorgeous and i love it.

lhenry:

We have been to both resorts in the last 5 years. If you are new to AN and concerned about people seeing you, even from a distance, then CSS should be your choice. The fishermen are not even an issue, since they see naked people ever day and don't even notice you (they are in fishing mode). The water from the river is a little cool and the beach can be a little rocky in the water. We found most did not go into the ocean much.
    However, CSS is a very beautiful resort, the AN facility is among the best in Jamaica but you do have a lot of stairs. You could ask for a room in Block A or B, then only need to walk stairs for spa and 1 or 2 restaurants.

CN on the other hand, is on a great stretch of Negril beach. The AN area is nice but does lack a pool or sit down bar (not a big deal to some people). The hot tub is better than CSS. As far as privacy, there are areas by the bar, hot tub and in the trees where virtually no one can see you, at least up close. If you stay away from the direct beach area, the gawkers that do walk by, will notice others before you. Also, the sun shines from the back of the beach, so a lot of people turn their chairs to face away from the water.
    Going into the water is a bit of a challenge, if you are shy. Most take a floaty and wrap it around their mid section, then wait for a time when no one is coming down the beach before walking into the water. Once in, it is awesome, great sand, shallow water and often very warm, just like a large swimming pool. We think it's worth the quick walk across the beach. Also, January should not be extremely busy and most of the walking is mid morning and late afternoon.

If you love a great beach and want to spend time in the ocean, I would stick with CN. If you want more privacy and are happy with being in a pool, then go to CSS.

Not to worry, the beach at CN is very deep. We love the AN beach at CN. Sure people walk by down by the water but unless you're sitting at the water's edge or the people walking by have their opera glasses glued to their eyes they won't be able to see much. As for getting into the water, most people carry their floatie around their midsection while walking in to and out of the water. One reason is to conceal their nakedness but the main reason is it's just the easiest way to carry them.

You will be fine. The beach is gorgeous. The water is fabulous.

ENJOY!

Wintersun -well said,you hit it on the nose.

For perspective, we went to CN for 5 years in a row- absolutely loved it despite the AN beach being on the main beach with gawkers. After awhile they don't bother you at all and you'll forget about them. Last year we ventured to CSS and absolutely loved it, SSB was the best but we did miss the warm water of Blood Bay,however the AN pool, swim up bar and daily lunch on the beach made up for it.

As far as stairs at CSS go we only went down to get to the beach then up to room at 5-6 then maybe down for dinner then up to go to the bar or to sleep and they also have shuttles (if you can get one to come) that will take you. If you take them slow and stop along the way there are spots to rest and have a romantic moment with your SO.

Both resorts have their own special things too offer but if it's AN privacy you desire then CSS is probably where you'll want to be although I must warn you the AN beach is much busier than the AN beach at CN.

As you can see the discussion on this can go on and on and ....

Don't second guess yourself -just go and enjoy what the experience brings.
    ... it keepsh me shane

There's nothing to say that you can't put your suits on for the walk down to the water for your swim if you don't feel comfortable walking through the people from other resorts in the buff.

I'm not sure about whether you HAVE to take them off again once you are in the water, but I would think that you'd likely want to take them off for the swimming anyways... You could then put them back on for the walk back to the beach.

I'm not 100% positive on this one, but I highly doubt that anyone would say anything about it if you put your suits on for the walk down to the water, so long as you remove your suits once you get back to your chairs.

lhenry:

We were at CN last July and never saw a kid walk by the AN beach. We took a (fully clothed) walk along the beach in both directions. Seems that the kids more or less stay anchored with their parents in a particular spot. Saw kids at the R resort and the adjacent B resort playing where they were sitting with their parents in loungers.

Columbo: May we meet again in paradise as old friends often do.

Bilkat

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Jen View Post
    There's nothing to say that you can't put your suits on for the walk down to the water for your swim if you don't feel comfortable walking through the people from other resorts in the buff.

I'm not sure about whether you HAVE to take them off again once you are in the water, but I would think that you'd likely want to take them off for the swimming anyways... You could then put them back on for the walk back to the beach.

I'm not 100% positive on this one, but I highly doubt that anyone would say anything about it if you put your suits on for the walk down to the water, so long as you remove your suits once you get back to your chairs.
    Not against any rules but would be awful troublesome.

The view allows you to time your entry to avoid most traffic. I would offer be proud of the skin you are in and "just do it". I found it humerous to watch folks attempt to cover themselves with the floaties while trying to enter/exit the water. It seemed more trouble than it was worth...

Exiting the water, you can definitely see the entire beach so you can exit during a lull in the walkers.

Enjoy yourself and remember you will NEVER see the beach strollers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Jen View Post

Absolutely you can do this. My wife did this when she was planning on swimming into the textile area and back for exercise. Some people also put their suits on or a wrap to use the the washroom on the AN beach.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Overall, it doesn't sound like there is a continuous amount of people walking by so we will time it so as to have the most privacy....although after a few Red Stripes...we probably won't care much and just strutt our stuff on over into the amazing water!! I can't wait...43 more days!!