Default To Split or Not to Split: CSA and CN

My boyfriend and I went to CSA in February 2007 and are hopefully coming back this December. My question is should we split our week vacation between CSA and CN? We loved CSA so much I am scared that CN will disappoint and we will have wished that we stayed at CSA all week. Or should we just stay at CSA all week? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
    My boyfriend and I went to CSA in February 2007 and are hopefully coming back this December. My question is should we split our week vacation between CSA and CN? We loved CSA so much I am scared that CN will disappoint and we will have wished that we stayed at CSA all week. Or should we just stay at CSA all week? Help!
    As someone who decided to do a split stay for my Couples debut, I'm nonetheless going to suggest you don't split yours. Why? Because you wouldn't be going into it with the right attitudes. You should only split your stay when you are looking forward to experiencing more than one resort, and/or more importantly, taking a positive approach with an open mind. I don't sense either of these attitudes in your post.

Sorry, but that's just my take.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We've done that split, and it was a ton of fun. Highly recommended!
    Lew

I would a trading places for the day, and then maybe NEXT time split your trip.

For a week total to split between the two? Probably not. If you were coming for two weeks and wanted to do one week at each place, sure, but it seems like a hassle to pick up and move so soon after arriving. You're a repeater - just use the free trading places pass one of the days to explore CN to see if it's something you'd like next time. Just my opinion, of course.

We have the opposite problem, we love CN so much we are afraid to try CSA in fear that it won't live up to our expectations. So this year I am going to take advantage of the Trading Places program and try CSA for a day, maybe then next year we will try CSA .

Take the 360 tour of CN if you have not done so in order to get a good view of the facilities. We have stayed at CN and CSS and have been by CSA.

All of the Couples resorts are fabulous and each has it's unique atmosphere. Suggest you list those things you really liked about CSA and then compare them to what CN has to offer and then decide to either split or visit.

Personally, we prefer the superior beach and intimate setting of CN. Have walked the 5 mile beach and prefer the beach at Bloody Bay. Being able to walk ten steps from the beach to the pool is great and the 4 hot tubs wonderful at night and there is no road to cross. As a bonus, you have the Office of Nature to visit. At night, CN is quieter without the loud music coming up the beach late at night. My experience is that the people who were at CN on the last visit were very social and fun loving and the central pool and nightly dancing makes it a really fun place. The rooms at CN are standard hotel like. At CSS, they are large suites. What we discovered is that we only slept in the room and the rest of the time, we were doing something at the resort.

Since you did not say what is important to you, it is hard to give much advice. My advice is to try CN. If you like it then maybe next year you will go there, if not then go back to CSA or try CSS if you want a quiet romantic atmosphere. We loved CSS last year and are going back to CN this year over Thanksgiving.

LOL

I've been to COR/CTI once, CN 12 times, and CSA once; we'll be visiting CSS for the first time next month. I think you should try all of the Couples resorts. What if you find that, as much as you love CSA, you love another resort more?

In terms of splitting your vacation between CN and CSA, I think you should try CN first, then plan to go do CSA. My husband and I prefer CN to CSA, but if you find that CN doesn't meet your expectations, you'll still have CSA to look forward to and will end you vacation on a high note.

As difficult as it is, try not to make comparisons. Enjoy CN for all that it has to offer, appreciate its unique characteristics, and relax and enjoy your vacation. You can have a favorite amongst the four resorts; that doesn't mean that the other three aren't perfectly wonderful as well.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I'd do the split only if you have at least 5 nights at each resort otherwise I'd stay at just one.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Default Repeaters Perks

Thank you so much for your replies...I guess I didn't even think about the repeaters perks of going to visit another resort!
    Speaking of which...what are the repeaters perks besides the dinner?

Have you signed up for Romance Rewards yet? If not, do so now. Perks are based on the number of nights you have spent with Couples previously. Here is the breakdown taken from the Romance Rewards page:

Young Love [3-13 Nights Stayed]

Welcome gift of two t-shirts (male/female)
    One his/her 30-minute massage*
    Invitation to attend the Repeat Guest dinner
    Departure snack and water pack
    Trading Places Pass - One day exchange privileges with a Couples Resort in the same town. Space is limited and must be reserved at resort with the hotel guest services staff.

Renewed Love [14-23 Nights Stayed]
    Choice of welcome gift (Bottle of sparkling wine and confectionery or candles/oils or t-shirts )
    Invitation to attend the Repeat Guest dinner**
    $50 Gift Shop credit
    Trading Places Pass - One day exchange privileges with a Couples Resort in the same town. Space is limited and must be reserved at resort with the hotel guest services staff.

Passionate Love [24+ Nights Stayed]
    Choice of welcome gift (Bottle of sparkling wine and confectionery or candles/oils or t-shirts )
    Invitation to attend the Repeat Guest dinner**
    One Category Upgrade upon arrival (subject to availability)
    $75 Gift Shop credit
    For stays of seven nights or longer, receive a check for US$100 upon departure. (For vacations involving two or more resorts, a minimum stay of seven nights at each resort is required in order to be eligible for the check.)
    Note: European guests must contact our London office to have a cheque drawn in local currency.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

I would personally not like the idea of having to pack and unpack twice during such a short period of time. That may just be me. Also, it's hard to really get to know a resort in only a few days, let alone try all the restaurants. We have stayed at CSA and CSS. We are going to CSA next year, and plan to do a trading places one day pass so that we can finally see CN.

Keep in mind, if a nude beach is very important to you, CSA is the only Couples resort that does NOT have a nude beach. If a fantastic fitness complex with a lap pool, 10 tennis courts, squash/raquetball courts, and a jogging trail are important to you, pick CSA. Also, CSA has the most restaurants of any of the Couples resorts. Just a few things to consider! Good luck.

One more thing to think about. Part of the greatness of a vacation is just getting into the groove of a resort-knowing what's going on and getting to know new people. If you do the split, you break all that up. I would stay in one place.
    Either place will be heaven!

We have been dealing with the same thing for the past couple of years. After our first trip we had to go back to CSA. When we were planning our third trip we were worried that we would be kicking ourselves for booking CN if it didnt match up to CSA, so we went back to CSA. Now, we are going for our fourth trip and plan on doing the trading places program to see CN. If all goes well, we will be at CN for our fifth trip next year.

As mentioned here, I would do the trading places then decide if its right. Thats alot of time and money to invest in something that you dont know you will like.

Enjoy!
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

Default CN/CSA split

We had been to CN several times and loved it so much that we were afraid we would not like CSA as much... so we did our week at CN and then added 3 days of CSA on the end of our stay. We really enjoyed the atrium room and the different restaurants, but like the beach at Bloody Bay and the smaller size of CN. I am glad we did it, but like CN better for us. I agree that you should have longer than a week to do a split but the move was very easy.We packed up, they came and got our luggage and we were on the beach at CSA an hour later.

Agree with Pamela, split it and go to CN first then what you know you love last. We did this split for 3/4 nights in 2007. Can't afford longer and now we know both.

We may split our next stay but that is because we really like CSA and after August 2009, we will have stayed at all the resorts except CN. May as well say we have been to them all...