Default Garden suite at CSA

We have booked a garden suite at CSA but now I'm confused as when you look at the room catergories there are two garden verandah suites but no garden suite and both rooms look lovely but different!

Can anyone please advise which one is the garden suite please

Di & Karl

Hi Di & Karl,
    When you book with a UK company it seems they haven't updated their details yet on room types (we booked with Virgin). When we went to CSA earlier this year we booked a garden suite and our room was in the original section of the property. We loved our room and have booked the same category for January, but I like you, am not sure where we will end up next time. My understanding is that Couples have refurbished the garden suite rooms to include a tv and a mini bar and these have been renamed garden verandah suites (the original garden verandah suites were in the new section of the property), but I would be interested to know if this is correct and whether we will end up in a room in the new section or old section. Hopefully others can advise.

Going this week and will try to check back in and let you know....we booked a Garden Suite at the beginning of the year but final travel papers say Garden Verandah Suite and I no longer see Garden Suite listed on the Couples site. So I imagine it's the upgrades that caused the change. We don't want a TV BOO. Will just have to cover it with a towel ha ha

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Carol&Richard View Post
    Hi Di & Karl,
    When you book with a UK company it seems they haven't updated their details yet on room types (we booked with Virgin). When we went to CSA earlier this year we booked a garden suite and our room was in the original section of the property. We loved our room and have booked the same category for January, but I like you, am not sure where we will end up next time. My understanding is that Couples have refurbished the garden suite rooms to include a tv and a mini bar and these have been renamed garden verandah suites (the original garden verandah suites were in the new section of the property), but I would be interested to know if this is correct and whether we will end up in a room in the new section or old section. Hopefully others can advise.
    They did those upgrades and changed the name like you said. Glass was also added to the windows. The GS in the old section is now considered the same thing as the GVS in the new section even though they are very different rooms. They are all GVS now and are all the same price. If you booked one of them prior to the change they will try to put you into the category that you actually chose but if you booked after the change you will just get whatever they have. They don't tell you ahead of time or anything since it is all the same room category. Once you arrive you can request a certain section but it all just depends on what is available and who is checking you in. Some of the employees are much more willing to work with you to find a room you like and some are not willing to do that.

Melody - thanks for the info. Can you let me know if they put glass in all the windows? i.e. windows/doors that front onto the balcony; bathroom; front door?
    I loved the fact that you could open the shutters at night and hear the sounds of Jamaica.

Angie - I'm with you, I don't want a tv either. Let me know how the towel option goes. Hope you have a fantastic time and it would be great if you post back after your trip.

I wonder if they will 'down grade' us to an Atrium room so we can have the features I loved about the Garden Suite? lol

2 years ago when we went we were in garden room #403. These were in the same building as the Palms restaurant. You had to go up stairs to get to them. we hated the room!!! Hope we dont get it again as we have a garden room booked again.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Carol, I'll definitely post after the trip but I'm going to try to check in often while we are there. Are you on Facebook? Couples has a page there http://www.facebook.com/pages/Couple...9766516?ref=ts and that is where we'll most likely post most this coming week.
    Kevin & Angie

Angie, I had found the CSA dive club facebook page, but hadn't realised there was one for Couples as well. I now have it bookmarked and it will help to feed my couples addiction. I'll look out for posts from you this coming week. Hope you have an amazing time.

All garden suites are now garden verandah suites and you can request old or new side upon arrival and they do their best to accommodate but it's not guaranteed. The atrium is now the 'lowest' level room at CSA because they don't have TV's. From what I hear all rooms have the mini bars and the garden verandah's have glass windows all around no screens.

Hubby likes the room (we are in 1206) but I personally prefer the Atriums and of course the Beachfront Suites. I don't care for having glass windows BUT you can keep the doors to the verandah open and get a nice breeze if you want.

Angie

P.S. Carol and Richard, I'm trying to post a bit on the Couples Facebook page while we are here. Easier than posting to the forum.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

Hi Angie, thanks for the info on the rooms, very helpful. I've been checking your posts on Facebook. I smiled when I read your post about eating at Seagrapes. I can't wait to get back there. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
    Carol

Carol,
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook so you can be sure to see the videos we are uploading (Reggae Marathon finish, snorkeling, etc.). Pictures too! We are having a blast as usual and are already talking about room category we want next Dec. Totally addicted!

Off to repeaters dinner...will check in again soon.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Carol&Richard View Post
    Melody - thanks for the info. Can you let me know if they put glass in all the windows? i.e. windows/doors that front onto the balcony; bathroom; front door?
    I loved the fact that you could open the shutters at night and hear the sounds of Jamaica.

Angie - I'm with you, I don't want a tv either. Let me know how the towel option goes. Hope you have a fantastic time and it would be great if you post back after your trip.

I wonder if they will 'down grade' us to an Atrium room so we can have the features I loved about the Garden Suite? lol
    They did put glass in the windows and doors because they added the tv's. It is considered an upgrade now but I would be really upset if I got "upgraded" from and Atrium to one of them. The atriums have always been our favorite rooms. I hope they don't ever add glass to those. That would be awful.