Default Tomas Troubles!!

We were at CTI for our honeymoon with Tomas. Despite the best and stellar offerings at the resort, we missed out on all of the watersports. I never got to Tower Isle but did get to see San Souci property (another wonderful gesture on behalf of couples staff) once it was deemed that we were not going to get into the water on boats.
    As fabulous as our stay was,I know how much we missed out on. We kept hoping that the water would calm down but once we saw weather advisory postings in our room we knew that the red flag on the pier would not be coming down.
    Several people have asked me if Couples is doing anything in the way of compensation for the missed activities? We are planning on coming home to Couples again, possibly CSS so bad weather will not prevent our need to nude. Maybe a bad weather voucher towards next vacations for those who endured Tomas?
    Even with bad weather conditions here is my report....fabulous food, superlative service with smiling faces, wonderful bar staff, royal room service, awesome activities crew!!! CTI was great from the moment we arrived to the minutes prior to leaving.

Several people have asked me if Couples is doing anything in the way of compensation for the missed activities? We are planning on coming home to Couples again, possibly CSS so bad weather will not prevent our need to nude. Maybe a bad weather voucher towards next vacations for those who endured Tomas?

Really? I was under the impression that rates are cheaper during hurricane season because..well...it's hurricane season. That's the risk you take when you take advantage of the low rates during hurricane season. IMO that's pretty silly to ask for a "bad weather voucher" when it was no fault of the resorts.
    Good luck with that anyways..

I am so glad that you liked CTI and CSS. We stayed at CSS last year in January and loved it. We have also stayed at CSA.

When you book a trip to the Caribbean in general, and Couples in particular, during hurricane season, you pay steeply discounted rates over the peak season rates (winter). Part of the reason prices are discounted in the autumn is to entice travelers to take the risk to visit the Caribbean during the dicey peak hurricane season. The resorts fill up rooms that would normally be empty, and you get a terrific price. As part of this deal, though, you need to accept the possibility that the weather could be bad, either from a direct hit by a hurricane (for which Couples has a Hurricane Policy) or by being brushed by a Tropical Storm.

I can see why it's disappointing to have bad weather during your vacation. However, the water activities were cancelled for YOUR safety and for the staff's safety.

When we were at CSS last year, we had 9 days of beautiful weather. It rained on the 10th day, and the snorkel boat did not go out on a total of two days. Our friends were at CSS for a week after we left. They encountered awful weather - rain and wind. They never got to go out on the snorkel boat at all. What are they doing about it? They're going back to CSS in January to (hopefully) experience the resort in all its glory.

WE always go to Couples the first week in November. This year we felt a bit of Tomas' rath too. Other years we have had rain or the tail end or beginning of some storm. In the end, we always have a good time. WE know when we go that we are taking a chance, but we couldn't afford to go every year, were it not for the "Fall in Love Again" deals. We too are "Island People" and we did miss out on all but 2 days on the Island, but we enjoyed Sunset beach at CSS and the mainland beach and swim up bar at CTI and in the end, it was another week of Heaven in Jamaica. I always say, "a rainy day in Jamaica is STILL better than any day in New Jersey". JMHO

We were also there during Tomas, was the weather crappy??? Yup, did we know it was hurricane season---Yup! Were the prices less? Yup! So did we have a good time?? ABSOLUTLEYYYYY. "Tryin to reason with hurrcine season" is the atttitude you gotta take that time of year. I was in Florida last year the end of March and it was 40 degrees!!!! I sat oin the beach anyway with my sweatshirt and blanket and used the umbrella as a wind block. Ya got lemons, make rum punch!
    I know for some people this is their honeymoon, a trip of a lifetime or a vaction for the fist time in 25 years, but there is no control of the weather, sad, but true. You gotta just make the best of it and celebrate the fact that you are with the love of your life and what is better than that?

I definitely had a great time on our honeymoon, it was just a general gesture question. Couples is an ideal resort. Tomas interfered with the water sports and the access to the island. Otherwise, it was a fabulous trip and the staff was simply the best.
    The rates for our trip were great, and I am well aware that the Island of Jamaica has no control on what the Gods of Weather will do. I am not seeking compensation for bad weather..it was a question I posted. I did mentioned that "several people" had inquired about the resort making a gesture such as a voucher for returning guests.
    Either way, bad weather or not, I look forward to returning home to couples!!!