Default Selection of beer

We be arriving at CTI her in 2 weeks and i was wondering what kinds of beer they serve there. Red Stripe is ok but i prefer my bud light or corona

Red Stripe lite and Red Stripe on tap at bars and Caribe in cans
    in the minifridge

this is Jamaica not MX or USA so no Corona or Bud Light

When we were at Couples Negril last year, they had cans of Miller Lite at the pool bar

Miller Lite & Hein @ CN (also in cans)

Miller lite and caribe in cans, red stripe and light on draft. red stripe bottles in some areas but not on beach or at pools

Ill still have a few red stripes just not my first choice. At least ill have some miller light. Thanks for the info.

A year ago at CTI, Carib in cans was found at the main bar and the swim-up bar. Miller Lite in cans was readily available as well. Red Stripe Light was surprising to me in that it had a bit more flavor than I expected it to have. RS Light is certainly more flavorful than Bud Light or Corona, which may make it less appealing to some folks. For those who have a strong preference for Corona, I advise a trip to Mexico... or Australia. I just spent a month in Western Australia, and to my amazement, Corona was everywhere.

Anyone remember what CTI had at the piano bar? I remember having Guiness, but they had other selections there, Heineken I think was one, but there were others.

A year ago, Guinness (brewed in Jamaica) and Heineken were the only two beers I remember seeing at the piano bar that may not have been seen at other CTI bars. The other piano bar beer options were the same as elsewhere, Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light, and perhaps the Miller Lite. I don't think Carib was at the piano bar.

If you have not had red stripe in Jamaica, its worth trying. It is much better than the stuff brewed up here. I brought back a couple bottles for my friends and they really liked it much better than the stuff sold here.

Just got back from CTI on Sat the 4th. Carib, Lite, Redstripe, and Redstripe light. The Redstripe light was nice.

Thanks everyone. Will be there in 2 days!

Quote Originally Posted by BackNIowa View Post
    If you have not had red stripe in Jamaica, its worth trying. It is much better than the stuff brewed up here. I brought back a couple bottles for my friends and they really liked it much better than the stuff sold here.

+1

The red stripe draft in Jamaica is much better than bottled in the US. I routinely make the mistake of buying a 6 pack here for the memory, but so not the same.