Thread: Wine at CTI

Default Wine at CTI

Heading off soon to CTI for the first time and was wondering what they had for wine at the resort. Thanks

Reds AND whites..........
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

The "house" wines are Chilean and at the regular restaurants you will have a choice of a white, a red, a blush or a sparkling. The white/red are drinkable at best but not bad, bad. The blush, well, let's just say, friends don't let friends drink white zin. IMHO, the sparkling is the best of the bunch, in that it's not bad at all. It's a cava, and really, quite nice for a house sparkler.

At the fine-dining restaurant, they will have upgraded house wine choices available, and typically greater selection. i.e. a Cab, a Merlot, a Chard and a Sauvignon Blanc or the like. Additionally, they have very nice wines available for purchase, and at similar prices to restaurants in the States, so not overly expensive, but not cheap either.

We've never found the need to purchase wine there ( I'm an aspiring wine snob. ) but if you are going to be really really picky, you might want to either consider that or bring a couple bottles of your own.

Have a great trip!

V
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Great info Vee. I've also been wondering a bit about the wine at CTI and CSS. When we were at CSA in 2008 I found the red wine to be quite awful. Sorry, I'm just not big on boxed Chilean. It gives me a headache, which is a bit of a shame, as I love my wine with dinner.
    So this time I thought maybe we'd purchase wine at the resort (we even have resort credit). Do you know where the wines are from that are available for purchase? For instance, might they have my fav. Australian wines? ...or New Zealand, French?...
    Or would it be better selection wise to get some at a local store?

I'd probably bring a bottle or two of my own. The wines for purchase aren't from any specific country, but as I recall, they have decent California and a few others. (South Africa, NZ, French, Aussie, etc.) Again, the prices are comparable to the US in that you'll pay between $30 and $35 for a $15 bottle of wine, so if you have the space in your luggage, pack your own.

I tend to stick with the whites while in JA, as I think the quality is better and also, I find it too hot to drink red wine. DH drank red at the repeater's dinner at CSA, and said it was FAB. I had a sip, but again, without A/C, I was melting, and wanted a cool, crisp white. They served a REALLY nice Sauv Blanc, which I found quite quaffable, and managed to quaff quite a bit.

DH likes to drink draft red stripe with dinner. Just an option.

Oh, and we have found the wines to be similar at all 4 Couples resorts.

Thanks for the info, sounds like we will enjoy!!!!

That is my kind of question.......We were at CTI in October and the white choice was sauvignon Blanc or chardonnay....I detest chardonay...the sauvignon was good....xx

Thanks for the advice Vee!
    I don't think we'll take any with us. We have a long trek over the border then a flight with a connection. We put red wine in ziplocs in our luggage for a cruise and still that made me nervous!
    So maybe I will switch to white. I agree it can be nicer on a hot night, even as a spritzer with club soda. I just don't like anything sweet with dinner. But then I can swtich to martini's, and of course it's blender drinks during the day. yum yum yum. Yes, I think I will survive just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by FR&RR View Post
    That is my kind of question.......We were at CTI in October and the white choice was sauvignon Blanc or chardonnay....I detest chardonay...the sauvignon was good....xx
    Thank you SO much. If I have to drink one more over-oaked Chardonnay, I think I will gag. We drank SO much of that in the 90's. Now I buy more interesting whites like Sauvignon Blanc, GOOD Pinot Grigio (which I find tends to be watery unless you know what you're getting) and Vinho Verde. (LOVE THAT ONE!) We found CSA usually had something other than Chard floating around and if not, I would drink the sparkling wine -- even with dinner. Plus, it makes me feel so festive to be drinking a flute of bubbly.