Hybrid View

Default Secret Rendezvous -- CTI

Woo hooo .. I just picked up my tickets for our Secret Rendezvous. We got "Tower Isle". I figured we'd get CSS, based on other responses, so I need to get my head around CTI. Has anyone been to CTI recently? What should I know? What are the must dos, etc? What are the highlights of your trip? Do the renovations look as beautiful as they sound? We're guessing we'll get the entry level Deluxe Garden room. Has anyone stayed in one of those? Any comments on them or anything else? Thanks for any input. :-)

Whoa girl. Take a breath. You are indeed fortunate to get CTI. Especially after the incredible effort that was put in to bring the resort in to the 21st century. We we there a week after they opened last April. Even with all the construction, painting, stonework, and the mess it creates, our trip was fantastic.
    The deluxe garden rooms are very nice. The trees and shrubs are beautiful. We have stayed in those rooms. For as much time that one spends in their room, it has everything you need.
    must do Tower Isle. Don't wait until the last day,. You will be sorry.
    Dunns River climb is lots of fun. You'll have a good time there.
    There are probably any number of things to do at CTI. Often times, one chooses to do nothing.

Explore, enjoy, and prepare to be thrilled.

Richie

LUCKY LUCKY YOU!!!

CTI is our favorite!!! We LOVE IT!!! Depending on how long you are going to be there, will determine what you do. Definitely do the horseback riding and the cat cruise!! If you haven't been to Dunns River Falls, it is a must do also.

When are you going??

Quote Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
    Has anyone been to CTI recently? Not recently, but out of all the Couples, CTI is our favorite!! (CSA is a close second though). You'll love it!! Just don't expect it to be like CSA.

What should I know? CTI has the same laid back, friendly vibe that CSA has. The staff are amazing too. The only thing you need to know is to enjoy it!

What are the must dos, etc? CTI has more inclusions, like horseback riding and Dunn's River Falls. I'd say the falls are a must-do once.

What are the highlights of your trip? Showing up at breakfast and Davis (aka Ulysses) knows exactly what I want (three fried egg whites), even though I haven't been there for a year!

Do the renovations look as beautiful as they sound? I hope so! Here's a link to the old message board that has some great pics taken by Fred and Cynthia (CTI multiple repeaters) http://vivawindsor.com/atd/messages/...tml?1244486057

We're guessing we'll get the entry level Deluxe Garden room. Has anyone stayed in one of those? Actually, the entry level is the Deluxe Garden, then the Superior Ocean, then third is the Deluxe Ocean. Our favorite room is the Premier and the Deluxe Oceans. We get this every year. The only difference between the two is the location. Our favorite were the deluxe ocean right above the lobby, but those has been reclassified as premier. We also like the deluxe in the west wing (building #2). I'd be happy to send you the map of CTI and room list if that would help you learn the layout (amy.welch@Hotmail.com).

Any comments on them or anything else? Thanks for any input. :-)
    Hope this helps! Have a great trip!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Default Cti

Thanks for all the great help. In answer to the "when are we going" question, we leave this Saturday, August 1st and come back August 8th. We'll be there by around 4 or 5 Saturday afternoon. BTW: I'm assuming we take the bus to CTI with CSS people. Which resort is first on the route?

You may or may not have people on the bus with you going to CSS. However if you do, CSS comes first and then CTI, but they are not very far away from eachother at all. Relax and enjoy your vacation. Don't forget to check out the island your first day!
    Brandi

You are so lucky to be going to CTI!!!

Dunn's is a must do if you enjoy getting wet and having fun. I would avoid Margaritaville unless you are absolutely wanting to spend money on beer ($11.65) and be a part of the tourist. But, if you get Camille and Matthew (Couples employees) going with you, you are in great hands.

Agree on the island - I read so many couples that waited to the last day and were so disappointed that they did, that my trip with my husband we made sure we went the first day. We enjoyed it so much we were there everyday. Very relaxing and laid back and casual.

Scuba - if you are not certified no problem mon. they have a discovery scuba no charge. Just be prepared to do several laps in the big pool to demonstrate your swimming skills. but they will take excellent care of you. Keep in mind can not scuba within 24 hours of flying and you have to sign up the day before.

Make sure you try the Jerk Chicken Quesadillas (enchilads they call them) Oh so good. Also got to try the Jerk Burger at the grill - mouth is watering now. Enjoy a Bob Marley drink but be prepared for minty fresh breath after!

If you smoke, bring your own or get them out of the vending in the game room $7 or they are $10 in the gift shop. Also, bring probably 2 bottles of suntan lotion.

I am so jealous - have fun, relax, and enjoy. And savor every moment of every day because it goes quick in paradise!

Has anyone been to CTI recently? Yes, it is now the most up to date resort. Everything is new and fresh

What should I know? If you like beer on the island, bring a bottle wrap. (They only have bottle no more draft)

What are the must dos, etc? Dunns River, Cat Cruise, Horse back Riding, the island

What are the highlights of your trip? To many, it is the staff that makes CTI.

Do the renovations look as beautiful as they sound? Yes they are. You must see them.

We're guessing we'll get the entry level Deluxe Garden room. Has anyone stayed in one of those? It is a nice room, it just faces the Garden. They were all just redone.

Any comments on them or anything else? Have a great time. Bring jeans for the horse back riding.
    Irie Mon

My hubby, jon1963 pretty much said everything I would say except you can check our photos, we returned July 10th, at www.janowskifamily.shutterfly.com and click on the album Jamaica 2009. If that link doesn't work, you can look for the thread entitled "161 Photos of CTI" except I deleted some duplicate/triplicates and fuzzy pictures, so it may be 154 photos.
    Vicky

Amy: The list that Randy posted last year is not up to date. They have renumbered rooms.
    Irie Mon

Default map and layout

Is the map the same? I guess we'll just see the room we get and go from there since we don't know anything about the resort anyway. Thanks for all the great responses all; the message board people are always great. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    Amy: The list that Randy posted last year is not up to date. They have renumbered rooms.
    Uh, oh! Thanks for the heads-up Jon1963!

I knew they changed the names of the buildings - did they just add the building number in front of the old room numbers by any chance? If that's the only change, then the list should still show which room types are in which building. Does anyone know? Randymon? Seandymon?
    Last edited by Amy; July 30th, 2009 at 02:01 PM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015