Default Garden Verandah Room - Couples Swept Away

I'm hoping all you experts out there can tell me what to except from Couples Swept Away and the Garden Verandah Room.

Finally, after months and months of research we have have booked 10 days at Couples Swept Away in February 2011. We can't wait.

I was originally researching CN but we got a better deal for Swept Away so booked today.

So, what can we expect? Please please please help us get even more excited about our forthcoming trip.

Thanks all.

Oh forgot to ask, what is the weather like in February?

Thanks again

Hi Amoricksen - We've only been to CSA in December and what a nice time of year to go. I am sure February is even nicer.

You will not be disappointed.. I promise!! We're going back again (CSA) in 9 days (12/12) for 12 glorious days and absolutely cannot wait. The anticipation is growing by the day!! We have reserved a GVS as well. Last time we stayed in the OVS and really liked it. I can certainly give you an update while we're there. Oh and don't forget to check out the Activities schedule listed on the homepage for CSA, on the left hand column. Lots of great information as to where, when and what.

Not sure about the weather, but you are going to love CSA. When you check in you may want to request a Garden Verandah Suite towards the middle of the property. That way, you have close access to both major hubs at the resort. There are not words to describe how much of a wonderful, fun, and relaxing time you are going to have.

Make sure to check out the sports complex across the street. Go snorkeling, go to the Martini Bar, and take a stroll across the property at night(so romantic). Have a blast. I'm so jealous.

Thanks so much for the responses. I'm so excited but it's still so far away. I've read this forum for months, but as we were looking at CN I know a lot more about CN than CSA so I feel less prepared lol. Any advice or information would be appreciated.

JDzWife an update from the resort would be amazing. I bet you are really excited.

Margi, thanks for the advice re the room, we will be sure to ask when we get there

We were in a Garden Verandah room last Feb. (We always choose Feb. for Jamaica vacations because of the weather, and we've never been disappointed.)

You will love CSA. Looking forward to a trip report when you get home.

Plenty of room photos,as well as review:
    http://www.funbeaches.com/couples-swept-away.html

Enjoyed looking at your pics Patricia.We were there last Mar.and are looking forward to returning this Feb.We have booked GVS this time around so thanks for pics of the room.We have always stayed in Atriums before.Today is first blast of winter for us so our trip home to CSA can't come soon enough.Again thanks for sharing.

Well we have had major snow in the UK for the past few weeks, literally housebound as we speak, so February cannot come soon enough. Anyone been in February before and know what the weather is like early Feb?

Hi Patricia,
    Just want to acknowledge you for your picture postings. Excellent picture and very vast. Since we have been to a number of the resorts you have captured, we could certainly identify -- very nice.

We have just returned from 12 days at CSS and CTI, our first visit on that side of the island. Both were great, just quite different. CSS is such a beautiful resort -- a paradise for romance and tons of pictures. WE have stayed a couple of times at both CSA, and CN, as well as a couple of the S resorts in Jamaica.

Note you live in Myrtle Beach... we live in NC and visit Hilton Head a couple week each year, but never have visited Myrtle Beach.

Bottom line... we love Jamaica and Couples is our resorts of choice. Know you will enjoy your Feb visit -- we have to wait until beginning of May to return to CSA and CN.

Hi Patricia,
    We stayed in what we thought was a Garden Verandah suite. It faced the road and the traffic noise was unbearable. What building were you in?

The guvs are very nice. Feb is the detest month and best month IMO. Someone wrote that they face the road. They back up to the road. Keep your bathroom window closed and it wont be a problem
    Maybe it was all the sun, fun and booze, I sleep very well.

Ok for all my questions about gvs rooms we arrived at couples swept away yesterday and were shown to our room. As soon as we entered I knew it wasn't a gvs room. I had done my research well enough to know that. We were in an atrium room. I thought I would be devastated as there was no tv, and I really wanted a tv, but the room is gorgeous and we are also a stones throw away from the beach. We are on the ground floor so we walk out onto our massive verandah and walk straight to the beach. I really considered going to ask for the gvs as booked but we are in love with this room. It's amazing

Hey Amoricksen. Glad to see you have made it safely to CSA.Atriums are great rooms.We will be there on Wed.Bonfire on the beach night.See you then.

The Atrium Rooms are my favorite!!! I'm so glad you like it. I don't think you'll miss the TV at all. :O)

Hello! I know it's been a while since you posted this (I hope you LOVED Your vacation in 2011!) We are getting ready to book our vacation at CSA (for May 2014) and I am SO nervous about what room to choose! I too - am sure I want a TV in the room but also I fear the noise from traffic will keep me up at night. Do you have any words of advice to offer a first-timer? Thank you so much - it's a lot of $$ so I want to make the best choice for us! thanks again!

Default Hi Miss Bliss

Thank you! We had a wonderful stay, as always. We are now working on our 4th time to CSA and can't wait!

For all three visits, we booked the Garden Verandah Room (make sure to tell them you want the NEW section of the GVR, not the OLD section). If you close the bathroom door at night, it cuts down the traffic noise very nicely. We enjoy the TV too. It allows us to keep up on the news, late night shows we like, and of course any sports the hubby is interested in. I use the TV to get to sleep at night at home, so we'd miss the TV while away. The NEW GVR is a lot nicer than the OLD section. We prefer that room actually, since it is cheaper and we don't spend much time in the room while there. My idea was to get the cheaper room and stay a few more days longer, rather than spend a lot of money for a room for a short stay. Either way.. I'm sure you will love it. We did. Prepare to be pampered, have a taste of heaven on earth and visit paradise!! I think we have pictures of the OLD and the NEW GVR.. please email me if you'd have more questions or want to see some pics... tallygirl08@gmail.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Bliss View Post
    Hello! I know it's been a while since you posted this (I hope you LOVED Your vacation in 2011!) We are getting ready to book our vacation at CSA (for May 2014) and I am SO nervous about what room to choose! I too - am sure I want a TV in the room but also I fear the noise from traffic will keep me up at night. Do you have any words of advice to offer a first-timer? Thank you so much - it's a lot of $$ so I want to make the best choice for us! thanks again!

Missbliss, really, no worries. We only book the gvs now and road noise is very minimal. The traffic at night is minimal also. You will hear an occasional car or horn yes. There is obviously more traffic during the day but we are not in our room during the day, we're at that glorious beach. Your veranda faces the beach. The entrance to your room faces the road as with all the rooms. Keep your bathroom window closed and that will cut down on any noise. If you'd like a few pics, email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com

All GVS are close to the road! We stayed in May in a GVS! We were in the three story buildings! We had a third floor and were very happy with our room! We loved being close to Patios, swim up bar and beach! We had no issues with road noise! Maybe if your in your room a lot or a light sleeper than maybe its not or you? I have heard if you get a GVS in the older section, 2story side you will have no tv!

All gvs have a tv!