Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Phl to jamaica

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default Phl to jamaica

    6:00 am departure,,,Philadelphia to MoBay...Air Jamaica..12/16/10...be on the beach by noon.....I love that Air Jamaica schedule...

  2. #2

    Default Same Flight different day

    6am leaving and returning 6PM The BEST times for any fligh We wil be leaving 12/7 and returning on the 19th spliting trip between CN and CSW

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    334

    Default

    we leave from Phl on 12/10. Nevery flown from their before, usually BWI, but no flights any longer. The times are great, except we have to leave the house at 1am to get to Phl then to airport for check in. Think I may be doing some sleeping on the beach that day. Love those flight times too.

  4. #4

    Default Philly Airport Check-in

    Don't forget the ticket counter opens at 4am so no need to get there earlier. We got there at 3:45 and had to wait. When you went up stiars you had to again wait for TSA to open up all there security lines. This to another 15 mins or so but it went real fast

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    We are truly blessed to live in NJ and travel out of PHL.... it is great getting to the resort by noon.... we stay at a hotel near the airport the night before with other couples that we travel with and let the vacation start that night!! After 2 hours of sleep we are on the plane!!

  6. #6

    Default 6:00 a.m. Flight

    Great Flight out of PA. We will be doing this flight the 26th of December..staying overnight Xmas at the hotel then do the shuttle in Jamaica by 10:00 a.m...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    We will have an overnight layover in PHL on our way to CSA for our honeymoon this June, can someone recommend a nice and convenient hotel to stay at? I

  8. #8

    Default

    We've stayed at both the Four Points and Hilton. Both were nice for one night. The Hilton is definitely more luxurious, but you'll also spend a few more Andrew Jacksons. Since we're actually only in the hotel for a short period, we opted for Four Points last trip. Both had convenient shuttle service and are within 5 minutes of the airport.

  9. #9

    Default Bus frum hotel - Philly

    Happytimes , why not stay in a hotel near the airport I Think they all bus to to /from hotel So you can sleep a bit later. Hotels cost around $175.00 which inclused free parking to

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default Keep Tabs on Air Jamaica Flights!!!

    We just returned from a super great vacation at CSA! (the resort part of the vacation). Just keep an eye on Air Jamaica's flights. We flew out of Phila on 12/4 at 6:00 am and were on the beach at CSA at noon (no problems). Great time at the resort! Our surprise came Friday evening when Air Jamaica called us in our room at CSA to tell us that out 6:00 pm flight on Saturday 12/11 was cancelled. They arranged a flight leaving at 2:00 pm on US Air for us (which I was not happy at all about) which would connect in Charlotte, NC. We would return to Phila at 10:55 pm. While we went went to the office to re-arrange our shuttle time back to Montego Bay Airport to 10:00am (instead of 2:00 pm), Air Jamaica called again and left another voicemail that they now couldn't get us on the US Air flight and had booked us with Continental for a 2:00 pm flight on 12/11. I called them back and they said all we had to do was go to the ticketing area at Continental and show our passport and that everything was taken care of. Not so. Even though (after waiting 45 minutes in line) Continental said that we showed in their system, Air Jamaica never forwarded tickets to Continental for us. We had to then go to Air Jamaica, explain our situation and have them forward tickets to Continental, which by the way was also a connecting flight (we paid for a direct flight). We flew from Montego Bay to Houston, had to re-check our baggage, had a 2 hour layover and then fly to Phila, arriving at 10:55 pm. Not a good experience at all! Just beware. It was a bad ending to a great vacation.

    Jim

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Jim,

    I hope that doesn't happen in June when we are on our way to CN with a decent size group. I think Baltimore is using Airtran as a direct flight from BWI to MBJ. Not sure on departure times though. We flew US airways last time.

  12. #12

    Default Park sleep fly

    Quote Originally Posted by bigD1031 View Post
    We will have an overnight layover in PHL on our way to CSA for our honeymoon this June, can someone recommend a nice and convenient hotel to stay at? I
    We just booked at the Microtel near the airport for the night before we fly out of phl to Mo Bay . It's $99.00 with 7 days of free parking. Shuttle to and from the airport. An extra day of parking is $6.95. It's a good deal because airport or long term parking is probably going to cost around $8-$12.00 a day. There are about six hotels to choose from on the website. Hope this helps

  13. #13

    Default

    6AM Non-stop on US Air will have us on the beach by Noon in CN! We are also using the Timair shuttle to CN to avoid the 2 hour winding, twisting mini-bus ride from Sangster to Negril. The shuttle flight is around 15 minutes of beautiful aerial sightseeing!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donrae View Post
    We just booked at the Microtel near the airport for the night before we fly out of phl to Mo Bay . It's $99.00 with 7 days of free parking. Shuttle to and from the airport. An extra day of parking is $6.95. It's a good deal because airport or long term parking is probably going to cost around $8-$12.00 a day. There are about six hotels to choose from on the website. Hope this helps
    Sounds GREAT and we will definitely look into this the next time we go to CN....
    We Absolutely love the AJ flights from PHL!!!!!
    Art xo Francine

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    256

    Default

    What is the name of the website for the hotels?

  16. #16

    Default

    We've stayed at a number of the park and fly hotels near the Phila Airport and the Hampton Inn is our favorite. REAL comfy pillows and beds,24 hour shuttle, 14 day free parking, and made up to go breakfast bags(AJ flight leaves before included breakfast buffet is served) Stayed at the Microtel once, price is definitely good but... wouldnt stay there again unless I had no other choice. I will say they were nice when our car wouldn't start after our return flight. Hung out in the lobby for hours waiting for AAA, but this also gave us time to observe people actually leave within 15 minutes of checking in because of how bad their room was. Some rooms may be better than others but just thought I'd give a heads up on our impression, especially if its part of someones honeymoon vacation.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    We've stayed at a number of the park and fly hotels near the Phila Airport and the Hampton Inn is our favorite. REAL comfy pillows and beds,24 hour shuttle, 14 day free parking, and made up to go breakfast bags(AJ flight leaves before included breakfast buffet is served) Stayed at the Microtel once, price is definitely good but... wouldnt stay there again unless I had no other choice. I will say they were nice when our car wouldn't start after our return flight. Hung out in the lobby for hours waiting for AAA, but this also gave us time to observe people actually leave within 15 minutes of checking in because of how bad their room was. Some rooms may be better than others but just thought I'd give a heads up on our impression, especially if its part of someones honeymoon vacation.
    I just checked Hampton's front desk and their rate for February is $119 for one night stay and only 7 days parking! I am also looking into Winner. Their rate is about $10/day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •