Default Swept Away~~questions

My husband and I are going to CSA in October. This is a special trip because he broke his ankle 2 months ago and I have been holding down the farm so to speak We really need the getaway. We have a few questions.

We have a garden verandah suite... where should we request when we get there...for the best privacy?? Middle of the resort ~~ which floors???

Also, the rooms say they have a safe in them. How large are the safes? We have SLR camera's and didn't know if the SLR camera would fit in the safe? And what about a laptop or netbook?

Is it safe there ~ as far as room break in's & they type of thing. Again we are concerned about camera equipment. We don't want to miss the chance at getting some great shots in Jamaica, so we want our cameras there.

If anyone has pictures I'd love to see them. We cant wait to go to Couples Swept Away in October. I'd go now if I could.

Thanks!

I haven't stayed at CSA yet, just CN. We are booked for CSA from Oct 31. I am curious about all your questions though. We are booked in the same room category as you and I am struggling with what kind of room to request as well.

We also have an SLR and a laptop. I doubt I'll take the laptop but probably the camera this next trip. I am pretty sure (99%) my laptop fit in the safe in CN. The CN safes were decent, if I remember correctly. I put my huge suitcase of a purse in there. It fit but not much else with it. To be positive, you might want to call the resort. I'd guess they could tell you the actual size. Sorry. Not much help, but I'm waiting to see what everyone says about the GVS.

We have a garden verandah suite... where should we request when we get there...for the best privacy?? Middle of the resort ~~ which floors???

As far as the buildings themselves, they are all pretty private since they sit in such a lush garden area. For the best privacy I would say to ask for a second or third floor room. The first floor rooms have easy access in and out but people can see in your room if you leave the doors open.

Also, the rooms say they have a safe in them. How large are the safes? We have SLR camera's and didn't know if the SLR camera would fit in the safe? And what about a laptop or netbook?

You shouldn't have a problem with the SLR unless the lense is abnormally large. The safes wont fit a laptop unless its one of those tiny ones. Leave the laptops at home, CSA has a internet lounge with computers if you get the urge to check e-mails or surf the net.

Is it safe there ~ as far as room break in's & they type of thing. Again we are concerned about camera equipment. We don't want to miss the chance at getting some great shots in Jamaica, so we want our cameras there.

Jamaica is much safer then most people in the US think. I have friends that are amazed that we go there and return alive. However, living in Vegas, I can say that I feel safer in Jamaica most of the time. If you are off the resort at night then stick to touristy areas and never venture out alone. Use common sense when carrying large amounts of money or jewlery. As for security on the resort, its top notch. They do a very good job and I never saw any "random" out of place people wondering around. The only beef I do have is about two years ago I had one of my favorite UNLV hats stolen from my room. This is the only occasion this has ever happened and I think I just stumbled upon one bad apple at CSA. As always, I would always make sure all valuables like your camera equipment are locked up when you are not using them.

You picked the perfect place for your getaway, ENJOY!

-Mike
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

You're going to love it. Ask for a room on the second (top) floor if you are looking for privacy. I'm pretty sure your camera will fit in the same. A laptop might, depending on the size, but I don't think you'll get both the camera and the laptop in.

It is pretty safe there. The usual precautions you would take at any hotel would apply.

The best rooms, in my opinion, are the 2-story Atrium suites in the middle of the property. We always try for a second floor with a view of the beach from the veranda.

As far as the safe goes - it's small, probably big enough to fit your cameras and wallets, but that's it.

Is it safe? Yes. Search the threads and you'll see this question has been asked and answered many times. Jamaica is safe, as long as you don't go looking for trouble. Couples even more so.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by ferg031502 View Post
    We have a garden verandah suite... where should we request when we get there...for the best privacy?? Middle of the resort ~~ which floors??? All of the Garden Verandah rooms are on the "new" side of the resort, nearest the Great House. There are 4 different buildings for those rooms. Id' say for the best privacy, get a third/top floor balcony. We stayed in an Ocean Verandah on the first floor and loved it, but people do walk by on the path. I'd be happy to send you a map of the resort if that would help you to learn the layout (amy.welch@hotmail.com).

Also, the rooms say they have a safe in them. How large are the safes? We have SLR camera's and didn't know if the SLR camera would fit in the safe? And what about a laptop or netbook? The safe we had was relatively small, but it would fit an SLR (such as a Nikon D70) and lenses. It would not fit our laptop but might fit a smaller notebook. We leave our laptop out on the desk and have a laptop lock just in case.

Is it safe there ~ as far as room break in's & they type of thing. Again we are concerned about camera equipment. We don't want to miss the chance at getting some great shots in Jamaica, so we want our cameras there. We have never had any problem with break-ins or ever felt not secure in all of our trips to all of the Couples. However, there's always that chance, as small as it may be. But, we leave our beach bag (with our camera, room key, etc.) on our beach chair all day and have never felt it was in danger of being stolen. We leave it while we got eat lunch, etc. The security at CSA it top notch. And just a tip, with your SLR and lenses, just watch out for them getting fogged up going from the air conditioned room to the very humid outside. It didn't dawn on us how big of a problem this was on our first trip with the Nikon.

If anyone has pictures I'd love to see them. We cant wait to go to Couples Swept Away in October. I'd go now if I could. Here are links to our CSA pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=f058d2f2bc

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=3eed5a54a2

Thanks!
    You will have a GREAT time at CSA!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thanks so much for all the answers!!! It helps so much.

Amy your pictures on FB are awesome ~ thanks for letting me see them I sent you an email for the map and any photos or info you have.

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!
    -Otter,