Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Towels Under Your Bottom Please!!!

My wife and I had our third visit to CSS the middle part of November 2010. As always, it was beautiful and we had a wonderful time especially at our little Eden, Sunset Beach. During this visit we found the A/N beach was busy with no less than 15-20 couples each day we were there. All shapes, ages, and “hair” styles were to be found and no problems with folks following the “no clothing” rule. However, we did see that one basic rule for any nude beach was not being followed. It is common sense that any time you put your bare backside on a seat were someone else has and will sit, you should always have a towel under it. At no time did my wife and see this happen. Perhaps folks have gotten so concerned about following the no clothing rule that they do not take their towel for fear that they will be called out for wearing something. Putting a towel under your bare butt is not wearing clothes. It is good manners and basic hygiene. So here is a word to present, past and future Sunset Beach guest, please take your towel to the bar and grill and make sure it is under you when you sit down to enjoy your drink or jerk chicken.

We do love our nekkid beach and look forward to going back next year.

Interesting that you should mention that, we were there around the same time (Nov. 17-24), and noticed the same thing. Although there were a few who did use towels while sitting at the bar, most did not.

We thought this was a bit odd, as it gets mentioned on the message board often enough. We never did actually sit at the bar, but it was one of the things we both knew was important, that if you were going to go and sit on the stools or chairs at the bar, bring your towel to sit on.

Now having said that, there is no direction in the way of posted rules that you have to bring your towel to sit on (at least not that I recall seeing anyways). So if you've never been on the message board, it may be a case of just not being aware that it's an accepted protocol.

Perhaps this could be something the Resort could look into? I know Randymon has mentioned that they dislike posting signs all over the place (I agree!), but I wonder if this could be more of an instructional sign, kind of a "Helpful tips while frolicking in the buff" sort of thing...

Last edited by Jay&Jen; December 6th, 2010 at 08:51 PM.

I tried using my towel to sit on at the swim up bar at CTI..... it didn't work out so good.... haha.. I agree about sitting on a towel though... same thing if you go to a gym and workout...

Likewise don't sit on someone else's towel when you're socializing...

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Hand towels from the room work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    Likewise don't sit on someone else's towel when you're socializing...
    That is a major violation.... ha ha..... penalty should be banishment!!

Isn't it ironic that we willingly stand around in the pool with one another completely naked, all the while shedding hair and skin cells galore into the very water we are standing in, and thus coming into contact with everyone else's "stuff", yet sitting on a hard surface nude is a whole other story. Just an observation of the quirks of humanity.

For the record, I always use my towel when I sit on a chair or other shared surface at CSS or CTI.

Being in water where things wash away is one thing. Rubbing your sweaty lubed up bottom and privates on a hard surface for someone else to sit upon is another. Not a quirk of humanity, just good hygiene and common sense. We take the wash clothes from the room to sit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Allans_Angel View Post
    Isn't it ironic that we willingly stand around in the pool with one another completely naked, all the while shedding hair and skin cells galore into the very water we are standing in, and thus coming into contact with everyone else's "stuff", yet sitting on a hard surface nude is a whole other story. Just an observation of the quirks of humanity.

For the record, I always use my towel when I sit on a chair or other shared surface at CSS or CTI.
    Correct and I can agree with your irony but the only thing you are forgetting is the amount of chemicals in that water that will dispell all types of invaders!!

We were at SSB at the same time and noticed that as well. Did not see that happen at all last year. There was also one incident when a woman came up to the pool with her bathing suit bottoms on. Lovell gave her 5 minutes and then approached her and told her that SSB was not clothing optional and she would have to remove them or leave. Let's just say that the look she gave him was pretty bad and she took about another 5 minutes to leave. Lovell asked my husband and I if we thought he had been rude about it. Absolutely not. He was very polite and doing his job. I know that there was a number of people that were uncomfortable with her sitting there. Please remember SSB is NOT clothing optional.

I always sit on my towel when sitting at a chair or the bar too. But isn't it funny to think about how we all complain when other people do not sit on a towel. Seeing as I always sit on a towel, should it really matter to me if someone before me didn't? I mean my towel is "protecting" me from the surface of the seat I am sitting on so it really shouldn't matter. I do understand that it is common courtesy to use a towel and one of the reasons I do so. Just my 2 cents.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Heres a good question. Being our fist visit there will be this Jan, Do they provide towels at the beach/or resort room or at all? we want to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    I always sit on my towel when sitting at a chair or the bar too. But isn't it funny to think about how we all complain when other people do not sit on a towel. Seeing as I always sit on a towel, should it really matter to me if someone before me didn't? I mean my towel is "protecting" me from the surface of the seat I am sitting on so it really shouldn't matter. I do understand that it is common courtesy to use a towel and one of the reasons I do so. Just my 2 cents.
    I like your two cents. If we all look out for ourselves (put our own towels under our own butts) it's not an issue if some rude person doesn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robleslie View Post
    Heres a good question. Being our fist visit there will be this Jan, Do they provide towels at the beach/or resort room or at all? we want to be prepared.
    You will have two beach towels waiting for you in your room that you will carry with you to the beach. You can change these in for some clean ones whenever you like at the Watersports hut and sometimes they will have some clean ones you can exchange for at SSB next to the grill. You will not need to bring any from home.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Do you or don't you put a towel on the bar stool in the pool at CTI?

Quote Originally Posted by Couples Junkies View Post
    Do you or don't you put a towel on the bar stool in the pool at CTI?
    The funny answer would be yes.... of course you do not need a towel on the swim up bar chairs at CTI since they are under water...

Since I have never been to a AN beach before and CSS has specific rules, can you walk to the bar or bathroom with a wrap on or is it once you set up on the beach its AN from there on out? I don't think I will be able to get my hubby to go so this may not even matter....

Quote Originally Posted by meggie36 View Post
    Since I have never been to a AN beach before and CSS has specific rules, can you walk to the bar or bathroom with a wrap on or is it once you set up on the beach its AN from there on out? I don't think I will be able to get my hubby to go so this may not even matter....
    SSB is AN all the time even for food, drinks, restroom. Other than having a towel to sit on, its all nude all the time as it is seperate and unseen from the rest of the resort. As they say, once you go you'll know and will feel out of place wearing anything other than a smile.(OK, maybe a hat and sunglasses) You may cover up after 5pm when SSB is open to the rest of the resort for watching the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by meggie36 View Post

You can absolutely wrap a towel around yourself to go grab a drink or go to the bathroom. I see ppl do it all the time. Just as long as you take it off when you get back to your chair. And, as others have said, once you get more comfortable, you won't even think about covering up -- it won't even occur to you !!

Jackie

We just came back from a day trip to CSS and we noticed that it was about half and half. This is only our second day trip to an AN and it was one thing that we were very conscious about. It is totally a hygiene issue and you need to be conscious of it at all times. I say this as people came up to the bar to get a drink and then end up sitting down and talking to us without thinking! Sometimes, it just happens but we really need to think about it!

We have stayed at many AN and CO resorts. I think one should away wear coverings on the bottom half for lunch. I really do not want to be eating and have someone's junk or butt inches from my plate. To cover up for lunch does not break the rules and if it does rules are truly made to be broken. As for cover up for bathroom runs it should be up to the individual, most men do not seem to care but many ladies seem to be more comfortable. Just my thoughts. .....

An AN virgin comments - I never thought this would ever be an issue. It's basic hygiene. It's one thing that if it wasn't a rule then should become one. It would be for the health/hygiene of everyone to have something between your skin and a seat/lounge. As for the lunch I would tend to agree with wearing a cover-up below the waist. Again for hygiene. As far as the rest of the time, I don't know why it would be necessary for the use of a cover-up. Just a few thoughts....
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

I can understand why this topic might bum people out, and it should be dealt with before the consequence rears its ugly head. Consideration is the bottom line. No ifs, ands, or butts!

Attachment 8891

Covering up on an A/N beach is not appropriate and not keeping with the posted rules. These are all made up reasons justifying covering up. None of them are keeping with the whole idea of why you are on an A/N beach. There is one simple rule and that’s it! When you cover up you make other people uncomfortable, that’s just the way it is. If you feel required to cover up at certain times then maybe you should re-think the A/N option. You don't have to eat on the A/N beach nor do you have to eat right next to somebody. I absolutely agree about keeping a towel between you and the thing you are lying on or sitting on at all times - that is basic hygiene.

Default Forget about hygiene...

those stools aren't comfortable! Okay, I'm kidding about the hygiene part. But I wouldn't want to sit on those things without a towel anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast