Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Need Jamaican songs for Ipod

Hubby is loading the Ipod in anticipation of our trip to CSA 12/12. I was hoping we could find more cool music to load. Any suggestions??

Any Jamaican Christmas songs? Thanks!!

Sean Kingston- Me Love. That always reminds me of Jamaica

Not really "Jamaican" but Zac Brown Band "Where the boat leaves from" reminds me of our vacation. Also - Kenny Chesney has a new one "All I want for Christmas is a real good tan".

Besides the obvious, Bob Marley check out Beres Hammond. We discovered his music while dining at a poolside restaurant on Virgin Gorda in the BVIs. But he is Jamaican. I came home and downloaded his entire album "Can't Stop a Man" from iTunes. I'll definietly be listening to it on my iPod while on the beach at CTI and CSS.
    18 days and counting

Default Here are my favorites

"Try Jah Love" by Graham BlVD
    "Jump and Move" by the brand new heavies
    Anything from Bob Marley "legend" or "Exodus" albums
    "Now That We've Found Love" by Third World

Hope this helps

damian marley - welcome to jamrock

I downloaded a coral reefer christmas.Mainly steel drums but very tropical.

You'll find the guys at the resort aren't real fond of Sean Kingston. He's kind of the Jamaican Justin Bieber. LOL

So many... For starters, in no particular order: Bob Marley, Damian Marley, Tarrus Riley, Peter Tosh, Sizzla Kalonji, Dennis Brown, Admiral Bailey, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Beenie Man, Buju Banton, Toots & The Maytals, Yellowman, Super Cat, Johnny Osbourne, Desmond Dekker, Jimmy Cliff, Gregory Isaacs, Mighty Sparrow, The Mighty Diamonds, Burning Spear, SOJA, Bounty Killer, Freddie MacGregor...

Not really into Christmas reggae - I love the classics. But I really like The Might Diamonds' version of "Frosty the Snowman."

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

It's not Jamaican, but Dynamite by Taio Cruz will always take me right back to CSA...

Default I forgot 2 classics

"The big bamboo" by Horance Peterkin

"Booty Man" by Tim Wilson

aside from all the bob marley that should already be on there, stevie wonder's master blaster and a lot of sublime are things i put on my jamaican playlist.

Anything by Beres Hammond/Garnet Silk/Jimmy Cliff/Bunny (Wailer) Livingston/Peter Tosh to name a few.

Duane Stephenson - Cottage in Negril

Buju Banton for off the wall.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Tom & Erin; December 9th, 2010 at 07:38 AM.
    Tom & Erin 22x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

I Tunes has a lot of Raggae. We listen to it to keep us in focus between trips to Jamaica.

My wife and I personally think the absolute number one song that reminds of us of Jamaica is THREE LITTLE BIRDS- by Bob Marley. We will play it every night for a week before we leave for Jamaica! This will be our 6th time back in Feb. Here is some more songs that you mite like:

When the sun goes down Kenny Chesney & Uncle Kracker
    Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond
    Brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison
    Red Red Wine UB40
    Right Back where we started from Maxine Nightingale
    I can See Clearly now Johnny Nash
    Summer Nights Grease Soundtrack
    Stength of a Woman Shaggy
    If you like Pina Coladas Rupert Holmes
    What I like about you

Big bamboo.... LOL
    Erika & Sean

Check out Michael Franti and Spearhead (Sound of Sunshine, Say Hey I Love You)

Big Bamboo! hahaha best sung by the beach trio in Negril! Open a "Pandora" account on your computer and start with Bob Marley. Then you can find lots of new favorites. Don't forget to list Steel Pulse and Black Uhuru!!! They play them a lot at Couples. My favs are Ravers by Steel Pulse because they say Irie a lot! We love Jamaica by Max Romeo, Richie Stephens "Come to Jamaica" Best video on youtube EVER Three Little Birds the version by Sean Paul and Ziggy Marley...It is a mix of Three little birds and Rasta Man vibrations...hilarious! Smile Jamaica by Bob Marley...See a pattern???? I LOVE JAMAICA

WOW, thank ya'll so much for the great songs!! We'll be the cool couple on the beach listening to the coolest Jamaican music, lol. 2-1/2 more days and getting more excited by the second. Come on December 12th!!!

No, no, no by Eve. Amazing song that makes me want to dance! Every time I hear it I long to be on the island!

"Dreamland" by Marcia Griffiths
    I downloaded a ton of Reggae Christmas songs and can't say that I like them.

cant go wrong with Steel Pulse

How could I forget "Eek a mouse" haha! Irie for sure! Sean Paul everything! Beres Hammond "doctors orders". Terry Linen, Wayne Wonder, Kevin Little.

Default Reggae!!

I am 28 and a huge reggae fan. My reggae tastes may be different than some because a lot of reggae varies. I love it all. I have thousands of songs on my ipods but I save one particular playlist, labelled Jamaica, for my beach vacations. It consists of many reggae and reggae influenced songs by Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Toots and the Maytals, Sublime, Damian Marley, Julian Marley, Stephen Marley, Stick Figure, Rebelution, Bad Brains, Barrington Levy, Bargain Music, Beenie Man, Dirty Heads, Drum Major Instict, Expendables, Long Beach Dub All Stars, Natural Incense, Ooklah, Part One Tribe, Tribal Seeds, Pepper, Slightly Stoopid, Scotty Dont, and a little 311.

Default good sounds

HEY you guys pick some great songs............well , DJ trouble here ...this is what I'm spinning.... Inna Jamaica...by YT..(riddim music)..it's from the Jamaicas to us tourist... you can find it on i-tunes.. a heavy tune makes you think..makes me want to jump on a plane and go back right now..and you have to check out THE JOLLY BOYS >>> on youtube.. doing the song rehab.(mento music)...it will take you right back to the island....so drink a red stripe, check it out ,let me know what you think....P.S........if you like some party Christmas music (parang)..on itunes...check out...Scrunter.......I also like BLACK CAKE LOVER by sugar aloes......Merry Christmas....trouble.

Download the soundtrack from the classic film "Rockers".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast