Hybrid View

Default CSA-Great House or Garden Verandah Suite?

What are the differences between the Great House Verandah Suite and the Garden Verandah Suite, Pros & Cons. We been to CSS but we are ready to book our 1st trip to CSA and can't decide on what room category.
    Thanks, Kathy & Gary

If you choose Great House, please be aware that there is at least one room that is really not nice....We were offered Room 5111 as an upgrade, and turned it down. This room faces the side of the building next door (which is grungy) with a sliver of ocean....The room itself was very nice, but that is NOT a room I would EVER stay in....I know you can't make room requests, but just keep this one in mind should you choose the Great House....Some of the GVS rooms are a bit noisy from the road, but if you keep your windows closed and AC on, it shouldn't be too much of a bother....

The resort itself is really beautiful, and I believe you'll fall in love with it!

Enjoy!!

Thanks, for the update but can the Great House rooms be noisy at times?

Kathy & Gary,
    We personally have never looked at or stayed in the Great House rooms but we just returned from CSA and stayed in a Garden Verandah Suite for the past 9 days and it was OK. I would not book that room again unless I had to because of only two reasons, it has a TV (which we didn't watch) and it had glass on the windows whereas we love the atrium and Beachfront Suite for the screens. The Garden Verandah Suite was not bad at all though and we liked the rustic feel. We were on the 2nd floor corner room 1206 and it had vaulted wood ceilings. Overall nice room.

As for the Great House rooms, to me it has more of a hotel feel to it where all the rooms are accessed by hallways from what I understand but again I haven't personally seen the rooms. These are also in the same building as bars, restaurants, piano bar, nightclub, shops, etc.

Kev and I do hang out in the room quite a bit so room type is important to us.
    Kevin & Angie