Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: August 2009

16 Days and Counting! Can I start packing yet?
    HUSKERHONEY

I am jealous at 16 days, my countdown shows 42 still... darn late labor day.

Anyway just wanted to try to drive some late august excitement from the group, we are at the 6 week point, time to start planning your activities. Let's see, I think I'll start with tennis in the morning, followed by food and drinks in various quantities through the rest of the day and then repeat as needed...

Oh and of course looking forward to seeing my very good friends again. (I'll even include Tary in that list for the moment! )

Jay,
    Well I made my decision. I'm not signing a new contract. As of 1 Aug I'm laid off and requesting tickets home. They can keep China. I have an offer that I will probably hop on for Mexico sometime late September. This will work, 2 months off and a 4 1/2 hour flight to work instead of 2 days of flying. Plus I like Mexican food.
    Along other lines, I'm ready for Jamaica. We are going to be in Negril 17-21. Well meet you guys at airport in MB. I'll have cooler of cold beer with me for the bus. I think were gonna fly tim air from Negril back to MB and will be in the Couples lounge when you guys get there. While in Negril, were gonna try and hook up with Pat/Fred for dinner. Other than that, i'm doing NOTHING I don't have to do for 12 more days out here. Already got my bags packed and waiting on 1 August. I went and looked at the pictures of the New CTI. You'll be happy to know that I didn't see any little bathrooms on the beach so you should be ok this year Jay. Of course I didn't see any poles in the piano bar so dawn will probly be upset. Looking at the list, I don't see anyone on it arriving on our day. I'm sure there will be some but they aren't on the board. Oh well, we'll still party all way. Gonna miss Todd's head to paint smiley faces on this year.....lol

15 Days! It's a good thing my boys are coming home from camp today--it'll give me something else to think about!
    HUSKERHONEY

Hey Jay, Just saw your post and noticed we'll be flying home on the same flight. We'll have to meet for cocktails at the airport! Connected with Greg this week, and we're going to try and hook up with him and Cheryl in Negril on the 20th.
    We can't wait to our return to paradise!!
    Pat

Two weeks and counting! Time is going to go SOOOOO SLOWWWWW!
    HUSKERHONEY

30 days and counting!! We arrive on the 18th at 11:15 and should be "home" around 2:00. Not sure if we will make it to the island our first day as we want to check out the changes to the place and maybe try the new pool, but we'll see, we might not be able to wait until the next day to get out there. For sure we will be out there on the 19th. I will be wearing a purplish sun hat and Jon will be wearing a beige sun hat. Can't wait to see Damian, my favorite bartender, and make lots of new friends to celebrate Jon's birthday with on the 20th.

17, 16, 15. 15 days to go. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
    MAGMON
    * Please forgive any errors that you might find in the above post. All errors are a direct result of (1) too many drinks (2) the missing brain cells caused by years of abusing these above referenced drinks (3) the iniability to spell or write anything without the use of spell check or (4) the complete lack of knowledge of proper english grammer and sentence structure.

Finally made it to the teens!!! 19 days to go!!
    Brandi

Default Greg good luck

First, Baybreeze, Dawn and Howard, Jennifer and I will miss you guys, but we will definetly catch up at the airport on the way home for some cocktails!

Greg, it sounded like you had made up your mind when I talked to you. How solid is the gig in Mexico? well we are down to the 1 month count down since today is the 20th and we leave on the 21st. Just over 4 weeks. I am already looking forward to the bus ride, hey last year I passed out, remember? We need to work out with Bearso (Barry) what day we are headed to CSS to meet them. Maybe we will go fishing again this year, last time at CTI Howard and I went with a small local boat and caught 2 tuna.

Jay,
    Yeah, WE all remember you passing out. First time I ever saw some one talking and just go quiet with eyes open. Tell Jen to bring that stuff she had that I used to paint smiley faces on Todds fore head. I guess you should have passed out. Most people mix a little something with their whisky. Passing out usually occurs after consuming 2 16 ounse cups of whisky straight on the rocks in 20 minutes. I'm sure Jen will back me up, your limited on your consumption this year on the way. i'll gather up a cooler and have it stocked for the bus trip.
    As far as the job, yeah I'm committed to giving China back to them. Mexico is 99%. Waiting see if I report in Sept or Oct. I hope have my paperwork this week and a contract this week for Mexico. After flying 2 days with some flights up to 17 hours for last 10 years, I don't know how act with a 4 hour flight to Mexico. Going/Coming on crew change will be like a plane trip to Jamaica. Fishing sounds good.
    I talked to Lew and gonna try and book same room they had at rock House in Negrill. I even considered booking 3 days at CSA and partying with Pat/Fred. Don't know yet. The Rock House is the one with little round cabins on cliffs we saw going to Pirates Cave. Lew said its 5 minute walk to 3 dives.

2 weeks to go. Starting to keep an eye on the tropics, (http://nhc.noaa.gov/). That's the only thing that can ruin this ride.

Hope all is well.

MAGMON
    * Please forgive any errors that you might find in the above post. All errors are a direct result of (1) too many drinks (2) the missing brain cells caused by years of abusing these above referenced drinks (3) the iniability to spell or write anything without the use of spell check or (4) the complete lack of knowledge of proper english grammer and sentence structure.

Happy hump day. Only 9 more days until we flip the calendar and then it's our turn.

Have a great day. Only 13 more 'till paradise.
    MAGMON

10 days and counting! :d
    HUSKERHONEY

Default R&R - here we come!!!

Can't wait - two weeks from tomorrow (Friday) until we are back home in paradise. Have to work like a dog before then but will enjoy everyday of doing nothing but relaxing. Is anyone going to do the bobsled through trees!!?

See most everyone there.

Me and my soon to be husband will be going Aug. 19 thru the 25 th! Cant wait!!!

We've made it to the single digits! 9 days of rush rush rush and then AAAHHH!
    HUSKERHONEY

My new count down.

284 hours - land @ MB
    284 hours, 10 minutes - have my first red stripe
    284 hours, 11 minutes - have my second red stripe
    286 hours - arrive @ CTI
    286 hours, 30 minutes - finish lunch
    286 hours, 35 minutes - take launch from pier to Tower Island
    286 hours, 36 minutes - get naked
    286 hours, 37 minutes - order rum & coke.
    286 hours, 37 minutes, 1 second - stop tracking time.

8 days 'till August, 12 days 'till paradise.

Last edited by magmon; July 23rd, 2009 at 05:18 PM.
    MAGMON

Default John & Renee

31 days and counting......it can not come fast enough. its all I think about and it is driving me crazy. The pictures of the new place look amazing and I can not wait to see it!!

Default Aug. 12th-16th

Pat 37 and Tracy 34 going to CTI from Aug. 12th - 16th. Looking to have fun and to party and meet new and exciting people! This is our first trip to Jamaica and can't wait to get there and try the RUM!

Welcome to the message board funinthesun!! My husband and I will be there Aug 8-16. You guys will love CTI. This will be our 3rd time to Couples, it is AMAZING! We will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary. Will you guys be celebrating anything? Do you guys plan on checking out the island? Well, we only have 15 days to go, can't wait!
    Brandi

Here's the updated list. Everyone have a great weekend. 11 days (264 hours).

Hollie (37) & Dave (39) (Huskerhoney) – Nebraska, 8/2 to 8/7, TI Yes - **15th Anniv / Annual KF Vac**
    Michael (38) & Monica (38) (Magmon) – Florida, 8/4 to 8/9, TI HECK YA - **Annual Kidfreevacation**
    Marty & Joanne (Martyand_joanne), 8/7 to 8/21, TI Yes - **11th Anniversary**
    Drew (24) & Brandi (24) (Coconut_cutie) - Texas, 8/8 to 8/16, TI Yes - **2nd Anniversary**
    Paul & Mindy (Meowh2o), 8/8 to 8/16 – Atlanta, GA, TI Yes - **10th Anniversary**
    Him(29) & Her (24)(JRS1), 8/9 to ? – Baltimore, Maryland, TI ? - **Birthday**
    Heather (38) & Chris (43) (Hdlovers) – Cleveland, OH, 8/10 to 8/17, TI Yes - **Honeymoon**
    Ben & Erin (Erinmarie1501) – 8/10 to 8/15, TI ?, **Honeymoon**
    Pat (37) & Tracy (34) (Fun in the sun!) - 8/12 to 8/16, TI ?
    (Jammin Ken) - , 8/16 to 8/25, TI ?,
    Debby (43) & Rocky (45) (Debbyrocky) – Ohio, 8/18 to 8/23, TI Yes -
    Jon & Tawnya (Tandj), 8/18 to 8/25, TI Yes - **Jon's Birthday**
    Jay (45) and Jennifer (46) (Treasurer), 8/21 – 8/30 - NJ, TI ? - **Yearly Six Pack Reunion**
    Howard (45) and Dawn (45) (Ciaagent), 8/21 – 8/30 - NJ, TI ? - ** Yearly Six Pack Reunion **
    Greg (46) & Cheryl (45) (Greg-Cheryl), 8/21 – 8/30 – LA, TI maybe - ** Yearly Six Pack Reunion **
    Octavius & Joi (Olmurray), 8/23 to 8/29, TI ? - **Honeymoon**
    Leslie & Dan (Thestampinmom), 8/28 to 9/4, TI Yes – **Wedding**
    Marty & Jason (Martyjason) – GA, 8/29 to 9/5, TI Yes - **3rd Anniversary**
    Bonnie & Dan (Bscott122), 8/29 to 9/5, TI ? - **2nd Anniversary**
    John & Amy (Johnamy), 8/29 to 9/6, TI Yes - **Annual Kidfreevacation**
    MAGMON

magmon, love the time table! Sounds much like my plan, just ahve to add 574 hours...

Happy Saturday. 240 more hours.
    MAGMON

So much to do and I'm already on Jamaica Time! We're down to the final week!
    HUSKERHONEY

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast