Default Run of the House room ?

Has anyone ever booked the run of the house room, like for the secret rendezvous, and got a really nice room? We are going to CSA in two weeks, and booked the run of the house room. The thing that really drew me to Swept Away is the Veranda's, but now I am afraid I will end up in the Great House. I would love the Atrium suite, but they are all sold out for when we will be there.

Any thoughts?...

We are doing the run of the house also in two weeks. I tried to research the net to give me an idea of what roh actually means. Some travel sites say that it's pretty much which rooms are available at the time of check-in. Some sites define it as "the BEST room available" at the time of check-in. I'd like to know how Couples defines it also. In any event we can't wait to just be there.

CanAm, did you book ROH with West Jet? Just curious? We arrive Nov. 17th.

ROH is the what ever they have, maybe the lowest or the highest level room.
    Irie Mon

grayturtless yes we did. We arrive Nov. 16th. 10 more sleeps We fly out of Toronto.

thanks jon1963

We also booked ROH at CSA with Westjet for 27 Nov. We did this in January at CSS and they told us it's whatever room is available, could be higest or lowest category room. We were put in the second lowest category room which was beautiful and had an amazing view but we had to move because of water problems and were put in the highest category room.
    (Karen&Paul)

I don't have experience with anything but CSS, and in that regard, I really don't think there's such a thing as "run of the house." What we might consider a great room may be unappealing to others. At one point a couple years ago, we voluntarily downgraded and had to sign a waiver to that effect.

Book what you think you'll like and don't bank on an upgrade. If you're unhappy, check with the front desk, as you may be able to change. In any event, your room is such a minor part of the vacation (IMHO), that it shouldn't make or break it.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    grayturtless yes we did. We arrive Nov. 16th. 10 more sleeps We fly out of Toronto.

thanks jon1963
    Hi there, we're just back on Saturday from CSA after booking a ROH room with Westjet, we ended up in a beachfront atrium, we loved the location but it took some getting used to just having screens and no windows, a bit noisy at times. What sort of room did you end up in?
    (Karen&Paul)

I am the one that posted this question in the first place and now I am back so I can answer it, to help anyone else. We also booked the run of the house room with West jet and when we arrived they told us that we had been upgraded. We ended up with an old garden veranda suite 1112. It was the worst room in the place, the traffic noise was so bad, with cars honking all night long. They later moved us into an atrium suite two days later, and like Karon posted, it took a lot to get use too with no windows just screens. I felt like we were camping. We had a couple under us that talked till 5 in the morning one night, and we heard everything. I guess living in Canada we are use to having good windows on our houses to keep out the cold, which also blocks out noise. The atrium suite was lovely, and I would book it again instead of opting for the run of the house room. We later ran into a couple that had been going there for 12 years, and they tried to put them in that first garden room we had, but they knew better and insisted on something else.

KarenON,
    We were "upgraded" to the Garden Veranda Suite hmmmm 2203 I believe. They were located (looking at the lobby) to the left along the road and we were on the second floor. Would it have been my first choice? Probably not, but you know what, I have learned in this life that sometimes you just say thank you and go on with your day. We knew we wouldn't be in the room very much and the road noise wasn't bad at night, so we didn't even ask to be transferred to another room. Besides that my husband unpacked so fast if I had even thought about asking for another room I knew that I would waste an hour packing up lol. I loved the balcony and spent most time sitting out there listening to the tree frogs and watching the birds. Hope you had a wonderful time regardless of where you were located. I know we did

Karenon no such thing as a beachfront atrium. Must have been atrium suite.don't want to confuse people.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Karenon no such thing as a beachfront atrium. Must have been atrium suite.don't want to confuse people.
    Sorry, it was an atrium suite but located beachfront, didn't mean to confuse anyone.
    (Karen&Paul)