Hybrid View

Default Packing Question

I'm headed to CSA on Dec 11-17 (and getting married on Dec. 14) and I'm wondering how in the world do I pack my makeup in my carry on or purse. I wear Bare Minerals so everything is in powder form (it's all lose powder) except for my mascara and lip gloss. I'm wondering does anyone else wear Bare Minerals and how did you pack and travel with it? Since it's not "liquid" does it go in the clear plastic bag? Or can I put it in a makeup bag (except for what is liquid) and stash it in my carry in?

Thanks!!!

Only mascara and lip gloss go in qt. size zip lock bag. Anything that is powder form can go in makeup bag in carry-on. Liquids and Gels go into zip lock bag. TSA.gov is the website for travel and the quart bag do's and don'ts.

I have alway taken my makeup with me in my carry-on no problem. It helps to put tape over the holes with the bare mineral makeup or it will end up everywhere when you open the little jars.

Thank you both for replying!!
    Thanks for the tape tip!! I'll have to do that.

Now I just have to narrow down my collection and decide what I really need to take rather than a half dozen colors.

Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by bailey121409 View Post
    Thank you both for replying!!
    Thanks for the tape tip!! I'll have to do that.

Now I just have to narrow down my collection and decide what I really need to take rather than a half dozen colors.

Thanks again!!

Here's one more tip I've learned over the years. For both hair products and makeup, don't pack everything you typically use because you'll never need it. I used to do my normal hair and makeup routine, then finally realized by the time I walk out the room the humidity takes over anywway so it was a waste of time and product. I now wear half of the makeup I typically do in Jamaica, basically mascara, lip gloss and Mineral Veil to reduce some shine. And for my hair, (of course, this totally depends on your hair type), I found a beach spray that helps beach hair look good, so I do a quick blow dry (skip the round brush and flat iron) and then use the spray. Although, if anyone has had a Keratin treatment that gets rid of frizz, you'll be set!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thanks Amy!!
    I'll have to take most of what I wear considering I'll be getting married while I'm down there. We will be there 2.5 days before my fiancee and I say "I Do" so I'll need some stuff to wear on that day. That's where my dilemma comes in; what to bring!!

I like the tip about not fixing the hair all the way. Maybe I can get away with it down there. Considering my hair has a tendency to frizz out and get wavy (it's not attractive either).

Thanks, Amy for your help. I'm sure I will not wear much makeup at all except on the wedding day.

I fly almost every week for work. I always carry all of my makeup in my carry-on. I put the liquids (mascara, lip gloss, concealer, liquid foundation) in my one quart zip lock bag. The powders stay in my carry-on in my make-up bag.

Make SURE you put tape over the holes!!! I didn't do that on my first trip and almost all of it was out and I had so spend valuable beach time tap, tap, tapping it on the counter to shake it back into the little holes.
    Kristen

Thanks everyone!! I'll be sure to tape up the holes. Now if only I can decide which colors of eyeshadow to bring. Hummm!!

Thanks again for replying with the tips and info everyone!!

I also use BareMinerals - love it! Just a tip to keep it from getting it all in the lid - use round cotton squares placed over the holes.

And you're correct, only LIQUIDS (and gels) have to be 3.5 oz. and all of them must fit in ONE (1) qurt size ziploc bag per person. So you're mascara and lip gloss would have to go in the ziploc and must be shown to security. The powder can be packed inside the carry-on.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Put any liquid or gel (mascara, lip gloss etc) in the zip lock bags. Don't risk it. My friend forgot about this and had to watch as TSA dumped all her Este Lauder makeup in the trash can at an airport except for powder. My chapstick went through fine as I forgot about it, but that wouldn't have been a big loss as it is easily replaced.
    Vicky