Default See through cover Up

Do women wear see through cover ups when walking to bathroom, bar etc. Is it acceptable?

Not usually although I have seen a woman wear a wrap on her lower parts while getting food.
    ... it keepsh me shane

karlkathy,

Yes, this happens to a certain extent, especially for first timers. Some also wrap towels around themselves, as well. Once back at your chair, it's "Au Naturel".

If your talking about the nude beach, no. The bathrooms and bars are located on the nude beach and everyone remains nude.

If you are talking about the textile bathrooms and bars, I also have not seen any see through cover ups at those. Although I have seen very skimpy swimsuits.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Are you talking about with a swimsuit on underneath? If that's what you mean, then it's fine to wear anywhere. My wife ate breakfast/lunch at CSS palazinna in her bikini with a mesh cover-up on. On the nude beach, there's no need to put anything on to go to the bathroom or bar.

Just got back from CSS, and we had a lady who always wore a see through pair of white pants up to the bar or to eat. I almost said something, but let it go. We also had a woman who sometimes (not always) would wear a cover-up near the bar. I don't think it should be allowed, but I was there to relax, and didn't want to make a deal of it.
    Linda

I think that the answer may depend on what resort you are visiting. I've never been to CSS or CTI so I can't speak for those, but we have visited CN. I (Christie), would always wrap my towel around me (and throw my flipflops on) to use the restroom at CN because the restroom at this resort is right next to building 9, and I didn't want to risk giving a building 9 guest an eyefull of something that they would rather not see! It wasn't about my "shyness" but more about the fact that if I wasn't visiting an AN beach, I would probably be put off just a bit if I walked out of my room or down the stairs to a full frontal view of some stranger . . ."Suprise!"
    Jamie & Christie from TX

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    Just got back from CSS, and we had a lady who always wore a see through pair of white pants up to the bar or to eat. I almost said something, but let it go. We also had a woman who sometimes (not always) would wear a cover-up near the bar. I don't think it should be allowed, but I was there to relax, and didn't want to make a deal of it.
    Couples suggests that you don't confront guests directly but ask a staff member to. I would have asked the staff to speak to them and inforce the rules. I'm tired of "special people" who think the rules only apply to others.

I hope it won't be frowned upon to somewhat cover up while getting food or drink, just seems to be more manners than anything, I mean lounging nude near someone on the beach is one thing, but being around food that other people will be around seems a bit strange for me LOL!
    I guess we will see....

I was wondering the same thing, will be at CSS in nine days and wasn't sure. I understand being AN at your lounge chair and maybe in the pool and hot tub but walking to the bathroom or to eat seems to me would be appropriate to cover up and not sit there AN. Don't know if I will be able to get the hubby to go AN though, he seems really aprehensive about it...

We were at SSB for 7 days and don't remember anyone actually using coverups for comfort rooms, getting a bite to eat or a drink from the bar. I would use sandals to go potty, just being men sometimes we don't hit what we aim at. The food is served in warming dishes and only requires you to serve from there or you can order a hamburger and stand aside and wait. If you are sitting at the bar, it is appropriate to have a towel to sit on. Relax everyone is friendly and conversation is fun while standing in line.

Please pass the mustard...oops...no harm done!

Bilkat

We've been at CSS many times (as well as CTI and CN), and I've seen both situations (women lightly clothed to go to the bathroom or for lunch, as well as those of us who just remain AN). In some cases it was so hot that we needed to cover up for lunch just to protect ourselves from the blistering heat. Once lunch is over, though, it's all things exposed again. CSS is fully private, so you don't NEED to cover up to go to the washroom, but as posted by Jamie~and~Christie, the washroom at CN is beside a guest building, so, in respect of textile guests, I've covered up to use the facilities.
    It's my experience that those who start off with the cover-up at the beginning of the week, usually feel comfortable to stay AN by the end of the week. No staff intervention required.

Never seen anyone in a cover up on the Island and can't think of a situation where you would, unless they were arriving or leaving. At SSB, I did see someone at the grill loosely wearing a cover up and it didn't turn into a scandal or anything. My preference, whether at SSB or the Island, is to eat in the textile area since the food is just too good to miss. Also provides a nice break from the sun.

So is it ok to use a wrap to use the bathroom or go to the bar at SSB at CSS? I have never been to an AN before and know if I can get hubby to go, he'll make me get the drinks simply because he is much more shy than I am and he's leary of going AN....I figure after a couple of days I won't have a problem going AN everywhere on SSB but the first/second, trips to the restroom and bar maybe a little uncomfortable....

Meggie, I don't think it is officially okay for coverups as you will be passing many uncovered on way. I dont think anyone would say anything but you will quickly adjust that every is nakkid and not a big deal. As far as getting drinks at bar, it usually is come AN and while you are there, go potty because it is 20' away and maybe grab a hamburger. You will quickly not see a reason to cover

Agree with Patmcon that you will quickly adjust. You will be nekkid when you arrive, you'll find it's easy (and a whole lot more comfortable) to be AN when you come to the bar, washroom, grill, etc. If at SSB, and you're still shy to come up to the bar, usually Francine or Jheanel will do a walkaround and can serve you, but don't worry. If you make it to the AN, you'll soon see you have little to worry about, and you'll feel very comfortable. There is no equalizer like AN.

Default See thru is covering up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    Lindad - I believe that woman was my wife, and she did not wear them to the bar or restroom if I was with her, only if she went alone.I bought her those pants and dang I thought her walking around in them topless (her top attracted the most attention anyways lol) was pretty hot We have been to many resorts both nude and CO and I have seen it all. At Braco, CTI, Hedo she never wore a wrap but at CSS there always seemed to be "extra" male workers just hanging around and she and a couple others did not feel comfortable walking alone to the restroom, completely nude. As for lunch it is just plain polite to cover up the bottom half to eat (keep your junk out of my food LOL). For a bunch of nudist that are suppose to be all free and open we seem to like rules. If it was my wife or during that time you also saw many ladies and men laying with towels over them because it was damn cold that week, is that against the rules as well? I agree you were there to relax and you should not make a deal out of it. I believe all guests I saw were nude 99% of the time, the rule is designed for those who just want to come and see, and not participate. My real question is, did it really make you uncomfortable to see a lady cover her bottom half to walk to the restroom? and if it did, maybe you should ask yourself why. Just my thoughts and my need to stand up for my wife. David