Default Real Cream For My Coffee?

Hi all;

I've heard conflicting reports on whether CSA and CSS will have real cream for my coffee. Has anyone been recently that can tell me? I have never really enjoyed my coffee in Jamaica without it.

At CSA they have milk or soy milk out and available at breakfast at the Palms or Patois....we didn't see any cream out or available, but I'll bet if you ask you can get some....I went to another Jamaican AI and had evaporated milk w/my coffee - interesting taste....

Default Lol!

Well, you can always do like I do, and put a few quarts of light cream in a cooler in your checked luggage, and then put it into the fridge when you get to your room!
    I LOVE my Jamaican coffee - but only with my light cream!
    "Rescuing one dog will not change the world....
    But for that dog the world will be forever changed"
    God bless the rescue babies!
    http://www.AmericanBrittanyRescue.ORG

You could always substitute Rum Creme!!!
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

While at CSA last year, we did not get any cream with our in-room breakfasts.

At CSS last month, we did get creamers with our in-room breakfast.

Might depend on what's available locally at the time.

Having said that, you can always call the front desk and ask if there is any available.

On a couple of days last week, they had the prepackaged creamer cups at breakfast at the Palms (CSA). That was new this year. In the past there was no cream for coffee (we did ask but had no luck getting any). Maybe enough people have complained about this that they are slowly adding it.
    Don't know if Patois had them or if they were available at times other that breakfast. They were not delivered with the room service breakfast.

Default Cream for Coffee??

Sorry to ask a question in a question, but can Cream be bought at a Market near CSA? If it can't then maybe bringing cooled cream in the luggage is an option? I would imagine that freezing the cream will curdle it?

You could bring a can of evaporated milk.... I don't think it tastes bad, and it's easy to transport. (No coolers.... just milk and a can opener.) Or get the throw away half and half containers. There are a lot of them that don't require refrigeration.

I KNOW they have cream, since they use it to make a lot of frothy, creamy drinks.... just not sure they have it at breakfast. Another option would be to get some from a bar the night before and stick it in your fridge 'till morning.

Have fun!!

V
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Thanks everyone!
    I like the idea of the creamer cups that don't need refrigeration but don't know where in Canada to buy them. Short of swiping them from a restaurant, anyone have ideas?

Unless you don't have a fridge.
    We'll be at CTI for our first week with no fridge. We like to put Bailey's in our coffee on vacation (but any rum cream will do)
    Is there anyway to get any rum cream in the morning? If not, could we get a cup at night from the bar and put it on ice for the morning? (we like to get coffee via room service early in the morning anyway)

I guess at CSS where we have the mini-bar we can request rum cream, correct?

We are at CSA now and at dinner at the Palms tonight they had half and half. This is the first that we have seen it since we arrived yesterday.

That is great news febe! Were they individual creamers? If so, I could take some back to the room for the morning coffee in case room service does not have cream!

I have seen the half and half cups at Wal-Mart and other grocery stores here in the US as well as at the Bulk clubs (Sams, Costco, BJs.) Good luck finding them. I'm sure you will.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

We always pack in our checked luggage International Delight Creamer for the week. This does not have to be refrigerated (even though on the package it says to refrigerate). We leave it out by our coffee pot in our room the whole week!
    I worked for a company who made the lids for this creamer, they sent us a bunch of samples of full size creamer - and it was warm! We thought oh no this is all bad. They said it was all fine, and it does not have to be refrigerated!

This is good news for all and again, we have done this on previous trips and it is just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Unless you don't have a fridge.
    We'll be at CTI for our first week with no fridge. We like to put Bailey's in our coffee on vacation (but any rum cream will do)
    Is there anyway to get any rum cream in the morning? I don't know why not. AT CTI, your wish is their command. If not, could we get a cup at night from the bar and put it on ice for the morning? (we like to get coffee via room service early in the morning anyway)

I guess at CSS where we have the mini-bar we can request rum cream, correct?
    Have a great trip!
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    That is great news febe! Were they individual creamers? If so, I could take some back to the room for the morning coffee in case room service does not have cream!
    Yes, they were individual creamers and I can now confirm that they have them at Feathers and Patois as well as the Palms. You just have to ask for them. Enjoy!

That is fantastic Febe! I will smuggle some to the room for the mornings and try to get some to take to CSS just in case they dont have them! Hope you are enjoying your vacation and TYVM!

Marnies, my wife and I started to use long life milk (full fat!) in our coffee a few years ago after we realised that it is the way the europeans serve coffee. Coffee always seems to taste better when we are on holiday in Europe and we just cottoned on! Try it and I am sure that if you like it, it will be easy enough to take a couple of cartons in your checked in luggage - job done! Johnnie M