Hybrid View

Default What was your experience with Spirit Air?

Would anyone who's flown with Spirit Air please share their experience? Thank you in advance for your input.

Default Spirit Air

Just flew on Spirit Air last week. First of all, the plane and the flight were very SAFE. The experience however was more closely related to sardines in a dirty can with fight attendants who seemed unhappy to be there. They also charged for all beverages and or snacks including water. The only reason we decided on Spirit was their departure time allowed us to maximize the time we spent at COUPLES. Spirit's departure time was 4:00pm local. My recommendation is to maximize your time at COUPLES, take the Spirit fight out of JA and once in the states, change to another airline for the rest of your travel.

Thanks Beachdawg, I appreciate your input. This will be our first trip to Couples and like you we want to maximize our time there. It seems that all the flights out of Houston arrive so late given the fact you have to go thru customs then the 2hr ride to Ocho Rios. So I guess will cram in and eat before we leave. Do they only fly out of Florida?

Spirit is a very budget type airline so expect that kind of service.

I always fly them back home to Detroit since they have great prices, but don't expect anything great.

They are cheap and safe. I can get over the other small stuff.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

Hi Twodance,

We have flown Spirit a couple of times, they are an ok airline. They have newer equipment then some that we have flown. And yes they do nickel and dime, but I did some comparisons last year and even with the charges for the drinks, snacks and bags, we were still coming out ahead of the game. I am not sure that their gate agents are the nicest folks in the world.

They are based in Ft. Lauderdale and I have to say clearing customs in Ft. Lauderdale is not bad, would rather do that then go through Miami.

Twodance:

Spirit is okay-they charge extra for everything but they fly recent vintage Airbus planes and are probably as good as most airlines. The issue you may have is that they only fly to Jamaica from Ft. Lauderdale and I believe only once per day. They will wait for their own connecting flights even if the plane is very nearly full and ready to go. That's frustrating for those of us who get on at FLL but probably nice for those making connections.

FLL immigration can be a pain if more than one plane arrives at the same time but if you're the only one it's very fast. Miami is better equipped for big crowds.