Default CTI Newbie questions

Hi We are two couples in late 20/early 30s booked to go to CTI starting 24 Dec. Couple of questions for the community

1. Is 24 Dec to 30 Dec peak time? Should we expect the resort to be full?

2. Is there a big difference between the deluxe ocean room and the superior ocean room?

This is our first time in a all inclusive so please bear with he questions

3. Can we order multiple appetizers, and order multiple entrée at the restaurant if we don't like some of the food>?\

4 There is no mini bar in our room but can drinks be ordered through room service? Alternatively is it ok to say take 3-4 beers back to the room from the bar?

5. Bottled water: Does CTI provide 5-6 bottled water in the room per day?

6. Is there any Food room service other than breakfast?

7. How is the night life? Is there a party atmosphere till midnight?

thanks in advancne!

2. Deluxe rooms are in buildings 1 or 4. They face the resort and tower isle. Superior rooms are in Building 5 and face away from the resort, another hotel I believe.

3. Yes

4. No room service for drinks, you can take drinks back to your room.

5. No botted water. Couples provides you with Couples Logo travel type of cups. They are big. These can be filled with the filtered water that they ahve available near your room.

6. No

7. I didn't notice a party atmosphere till midnight.

Thanks. Is there any store close by where we can say buy a pack of 24 water bottles.

Anyone on question 1?

Also which is the best building to stay in in terms of views and convenience?

Not sure on the why's of bottled water, however, if it's because you are afraid to drink the water in JA, don't be. It's fabulous, and CTI provides these wonderful water "fountains" on each floor to fill your bottles.

The resort will probably be at full occupancy during the week you are there, as that IS the peak time, however, I'd bet you won't even notice.

We had a deluxe room when we were there and loved it. The resort is so compact, that they are ALL convenient.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

No need for bottled water at all! The tap water is excellent. Just fill the provided bottle and go!

Hi We are two couples in late 20/early 30s booked to go to CTI starting 24 Dec. Couple of questions for the community

1. Is 24 Dec to 30 Dec peak time? Should we expect the resort to be full? Yes, the resort will probably be full during your stay! You are going during xmas and new years eve. I did that last year and it was packed until new years day. Some local Jamaicans book the resort for a night or two just to ring in the new year. We met several people who were there for short stays like 3 or 4 nights during that time

2. Is there a big difference between the deluxe ocean room and the superior ocean room?the only difference is the angle of your view as far as I know. I have only stayed in Deluxe

This is our first time in a all inclusive so please bear witht he questions

3. Can we order multiple appetizers, and order multiple entrée at the restaurant if we don't like some of the food>?\knock yourself out. order what you like as much as you like. We ordered everything on the menu one night at bayside. your food will come out slower than others and in portions. most people don't do that however, also if you do not like something at a restaurant, go to the patio buffet. Honestly you are in luck because the food is really top notch at CTI especially 8 rivers. During the time you are staying the specialty restaurants fill up fast, so book as soon as you get there!

4 There is no mini bar in our room but can drinks be ordered through room service?No! just continental breakfast! Alternatively is it ok to say take 3-4 beers back to the room from the bar?My boyfriend would ask for two, they would give him that. I don't know about more than that and the resort is so small, it wouldn't take you but a minute to get another one..really no inconvience to you

5. Bottled water: Does CTI provide 5-6 bottled water in the room per day? Cant remember

6. Is there any Food room service other than breakfast?No! and it is a continental breakfast

7. How is the night life? Is there a party atmosphere till midnight?While you will be there, yes, they have the piano bar which is fun with kareoke, you don't have to participate if you don't want but they do sing alongs where everyone can join in. There is a house jazz(sort of ) band in the patio followed by a headliner singer, they usually perform until 12. Also the beach party, find out what night that is after you eat, stick around, there is an awesome show that lasts about an hour

I'm so excited for you and wish we were going back for Xmas break but we are going for spring break...something new for us! Nevertheless, we are excited to be going back!...have fun...Glenda

thanks in advancne!

I have a first timer question as well. I've never vacationed in Jamaica before and I'm wondering if topless sunbathing is allowed on the beach at CTI. I'm not sure I'll make it over to the Tower so I may have to settle for topless if it's not frowned upon.

4 weeks to go! Can't wait!

Noth that I know of. The water at the purified fountains is SUPER good!

Building 2 & 3 are more central, they have the premier rooms. Building 4 Deluxe Ocean was really only a 3-4 minute walk to the lobby/restaurants.

I don`t know the answer re question 1 for CTI, but Christmas is prime time for travel usually as schools (teachers, etc) can only really travel then, march break, and summer.

I was thinking about asking about the water, as my wife drinks water more than anything, and I was concerned about possible stomach upsets from the water for her.

Can you get water refills at the bars?

I'm also presuming you can get soft drinks (Coke / Pepsi / etc) at the bars (neither I nor the wife are drinkers)?

Thanks,
    Jason
    (321days, 20hours, 25 minutes and counting)

Default Scott

Do not worry about the water, the containers they give you when you check in hold about 36oz's and the filter water on each floor is cold and very good. You also get to keep your couples container.

@trewluv72 You can go topless, but not on the beach. You have to do that on the pier. The only drawback to that is there is nowhere to escape the sun if it gets really hot. You should really go to the Island. The right side (looking at it from the beach) is more private if you'd prefer not to socialize.

The rest of you, stop worrying about the water! Looking forward to our 9th stay at CTI in 67 days, and we have never had any issue with the water. We get it from the fountains into our really nice water bottles, and we get it from the bar and our room; no problem, mon!

The only difference in the Superior Ocean and Deluxe Ocean is the distance from the lobby; Deluxe being closer.
    Sun_princess

1. Is 24 Dec to 30 Dec peak time? Should we expect the resort to be full? Most likely, nearly full, but you wont even notice.

2. Is there a big difference between the deluxe ocean room and the superior ocean room?both views are spectacular, save the money and go with the cheaper ocean view

This is our first time in a all inclusive so please bear with he questions

3. Can we order multiple appetizers, and order multiple entrée at the restaurant if we don't like some of the food>?\yes, or go to the buffet after dinner, the buffet is incredible!

4 There is no mini bar in our room but can drinks be ordered through room service? Alternatively is it ok to say take 3-4 beers back to the room from the bar?Absolutely, you can order 5-6 if you want

5. Bottled water: Does CTI provide 5-6 bottled water in the room per day? Bring your aluminum reusable water bottle, you can fill it with the puritified water near the front desk, the water is excellent, they are going green, so no water bottles.

6. Is there any Food room service other than breakfast?No, we thought we would miss that, but the grill is open all night, perfect for a midnight snack!!! (burgers, jerk chicken, nachos, ect

7. How is the night life? Is there a party atmosphere till midnight? About midnight is the cutoff, we were up the latest everynight, but you will want to get to bed, its too beautiful there to wake up with a hangover!!!

MouLouHill

Quote Originally Posted by moelouhill View Post
    Bring your aluminum reusable water bottle, you can fill it with the puritified water near the front desk, the water is excellent, they are going green, so no water bottles
    I thought I read that they supply you with reusable Couples logo water bottles?
    I thought that is such a great idea. That way we don't all have to pack our own from home. Plus when we get home we can use them at work and make co-workers envious

on another topic:

Are there safes in the room? Can we put an external locks on the safes or are they electronic? How is the overall security /theft situation on CTI rooms? Anyone has had bad experience?

Jamaicamecrazy ~ Yes, they do give you reusable water bottles to use while you are at the resort and to take home with you. Remember NOT to put the bottles in the dishwasher as the logo will come off.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks for the tip Juli. I will wash the water bottle by hand.
    Just to add, I am a hard-core devoted bottled water fan. I do not drink tap water in Canada, as I find it too gross tasting with all the chlorination. Even my cats get bottled water.
    However, the tap water at CSA when we were there was very good as well as safe.

I understand that all the rooms have safes. When we were at CSA in 2008 we were in the older section and still had a key lock. I am hoping all the safes now have electronic locks so we don't have to carry a key, but not a biggie.

We'll be at CTI Dec. 27 - Jan. 3, so we'll see you there Veees