Thread: Live from CSA

Default Live from CSA

We have just finished day five of our vacation and have enjoyed every minute of it. Even though the weather could have been better, it's finally clearing and the winds have died down. As usual the staff at CSA is wonderful and have done everything possible to make our stay memorable. I don't know how they did it but the food is even better this year.
    Ultimate Chocolate never seems to age and is a master at coaxing the shyest person into belting out some wonderful songs. If you know him then you certainly feel the love.
    At the Repeaters Dinner, it was mentioned that the resort is about 96% full. You would never know it. There are plenty of lounge chairs and with the addition of extra palapas and the shade sails, we never had trouble finding a shady place to relax.
    Four more days and we will head home. The countdown for December 2011 will begin. Until then, we wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2010.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    Bob Marleys for everyone!!!!

Nice review MikeMonica

What is shade Sails? I am worried about shade as I can't stay too long in the sun, without a bit of shade. Is there a lot of new shade on the beach then? does anyone have up to date photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Amoricksen View Post
    Nice review MikeMonica

What is shade Sails? ... does anyone have up to date photos?
    This prior thread has a picture of a shade sail at CSA.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=8544
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

The shade sails are great! They're large pieces of sail cloth hung high up and horizontally among 3-4 palms. The effect is to create a wide swath of shade for anyone sitting underneath. And when we were there over T-giving of this year they were putting up more palapas and planting additional palms on the beach (BIG fully grown ones - it was really fun to watch them planting those with a backhoe, etc.). I'll bet even the most fanatical of shade lovers will be able to find some shade this year.

Shadesails are triangular pieces of fabric that are tied between three trees. I'll post some photos of the beach and the shade sails after we get home. They also planted more palm trees along the beach.
    Tanning is something that I can't do no matter how hard I try. Even with an SPF of 50, I burn very easily. I've managed in four trips to CSA to leave without a sunburn. As long as you don't fall asleep on the beach, you'll have no trouble moving your chair and avoiding the sun.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    Bob Marleys for everyone!!!!

There is PLENTY of shade on the beach. It is lined with palm trees. Hello?!?! If you can't find a Palapa, just come back off the beach towards the grounds a little bit. Its sandy, and there are hammocks, and plenty of shade. Or you can just float in the water all day with a giant straw hat on your head!

Mike and Monica, It was great meeting you @ CSA last week. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    GREANJAC

Mike and Monica,
    Sorry Kev and I missed you this year. We went early Dec. 2nd to participate in the Reggae Marathon half marathon on the 4th and left Dec. 11th. Just missed ya! We'll be back Dec. 2011 for the 5th year in a row. Can't believe it. I think Christmas is calling us again.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie