Default CTI vs CSS, Nudity?

Sorry if this issue has already been addressed, I welcome links to other threads

Hello! Last year I/we went to Jamaica for the first time and chose Couples Negril. LOVED IT! Now Im planning my honeymoon and am looking to return to Jamaica where I proposed... this time we are thinking of trying some of the other Couples Resorts. With two weeks we'd like to split our trip between CSA and either Sans Souci or Tower Isle (we checked out Royal Plantation but we get the feeling from the reviews that it is quite stuffy, which we are not all about lol). We love the Couples vibe.

Now to our dilemma, Sans Souci or Tower Isle... My fiancee is a little prudish... she has no qualms with other people being nude, but she doesnt want to see it (topless is semi-ok). I know Tower Isle has a private island and CSS has their own beach... I guess my question is, how prevalent is nudity at these two resorts? As an average guest are you probably not going to see anything? My experience with CN was that it was totally secluded and we hardly even realized there was a nude section. It is my understanding that a good portion of CSS is All Nude...? Does this mean we will miss out on alot of the resort simply because we dont want to be or see nude?

Also, at Tower Isle the island itself is very intriguing (the tower itself for example I think is very cool). Are you allowed to travel to the island without being required to be nude? I would simply like to check it out (although I imagine my fiancee would rather stay back for that excursion lol).

I love that CSS has the botanical gardens surrounding it. I love that CTI has the large spacious 1 bedroom suites.

Please help me decide! Thanks in advance!

At CTI and CSS, if you are NOT on the nude island or the nude beach, then the only nudity you will see is your own.

The only portion of CSS that is nude is the private nude beach. The rest of the resort you must be clothed. Same with all of the Couples (though CSA has no AN option).

The island is only for nude sunbathing, so there is not a time when others can check it out, unless you swim over there early in the morning. However, Sunset Beach at CSS does open at 5pm for everyone to watch the sunset, but there is a chance you could still see nudity at that time.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

CSS does not have a "good portion" of the resort all nude. There will not be nude people walking around the resort property. CSS has a nude beach area that is completely separated from the rest of the resort. You will most likely never even see the entrance to that area unless you go looking for it. CSS also has very spacious 1 bedroom suites with large balconies.

At CTI, if you want to go to the island you will be required to get fully nude once you get to the island. It is really small and you can not just walk around and visit while being clothed. You would also need to go over as a couple. This is a Couples Resort after all.

I would personally suggest CSS. It is very lush and tropical and I hear the most romantic off the four resorts. We have been twice and are returning this year for a third time.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Both CTI and CSS limit the nudity to the Island and the Beach. Otherwise have not seen much topless at CSS beach and none at the pools. At CTI other then the island topless is restricted to the end of the pier area near the main beach.
    SSB @ CSS is very isolated as is Tower Islae @ CTI. At both you have to go au natural with in 10 minutes after you arrive or you are asked to leave.

I can only speak for CSS, and we have been to CN as a point of comparison.

CN's layout you can absolutely come across nudity. CSS is completely different, Sunset Beach is separated by a little peninsula that jets in between it and the main beach. It offers privacy.

I can honestly say I don't even recall seeing topless on the main beach during our trip in 08 like we did on CN's main beach.

CSS has large spacious 1 bedroom suites.

We are returning to CSS in April and are looking forward to doing a Trading Places day at CTI. I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback on both. One of the two couples we are travelling with this trip feels very much like your fiance, they were also with us at CN. I feel quite confident that she will be comfortable at CSS.

Thanks everyone, I feel alot better. CSS sounds like the way to go Thanks again!

Don't worry, we have been to CSS and CTI several times and while we use the AN facilities, we have never seen nudity anywhere else on those resorts. At CTI topless sunbathing is allowed on the pier, even so, I have only seen that used 2 or 3 times. It's funny that you didn't encounter it at CN, as when we vited there March 09, there were several topless sunbathers on the main beach, and the AN is wide open at the beach end.

You will be very comfortable at either CTI or CSS, relax and have and have an Irie" vacation!

If you stay at CTI and want to visit the Island you can ask the guy that drives the boat if you can go over early before he takes anyone else. I have seen this done before and I'm sure if you ask in advance they will accomodate. as far as rooms go, I perfer the 1 bed suite at CTI ti the 1 bed baclony suite at CSS.

DrMario, we were just at CTI a couple weeks ago. As far as visiting the island...the island opens at 9:00 a.m. for nude sunbathers. However, I did notice upon a few occasions that people were brought over to the island at 8:30 a.m. just to take pictures, then they were brought back to the mainland prior to 9:00. I don't know if this is a regular occurrence or not.

At CTI the Island is totally seperated from the resort and accessable only by taking a boat ride. At night - avoid the Budda Pool area as it is often frequented by those seeking to make "au natural" an evening activity as well.

Definitely CSS. Went to CTI last year and transferred over to CTI on 2nd day. CSS feels like a tropical lush report, CTI feels like a European business hotel and lacks the Jamaica vibe, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMario View Post
    Sorry if this issue has already been addressed, I welcome links to other threads

Hello! Last year I/we went to Jamaica for the first time and chose Couples Negril. LOVED IT! Now Im planning my honeymoon and am looking to return to Jamaica where I proposed... this time we are thinking of trying some of the other Couples Resorts. With two weeks we'd like to split our trip between CSA and either Sans Souci or Tower Isle (we checked out Royal Plantation but we get the feeling from the reviews that it is quite stuffy, which we are not all about lol). We love the Couples vibe.

Now to our dilemma, Sans Souci or Tower Isle... My fiancee is a little prudish... she has no qualms with other people being nude, but she doesnt want to see it (topless is semi-ok). I know Tower Isle has a private island and CSS has their own beach... I guess my question is, how prevalent is nudity at these two resorts? As an average guest are you probably not going to see anything? My experience with CN was that it was totally secluded and we hardly even realized there was a nude section. It is my understanding that a good portion of CSS is All Nude...? Does this mean we will miss out on alot of the resort simply because we dont want to be or see nude?

Also, at Tower Isle the island itself is very intriguing (the tower itself for example I think is very cool). Are you allowed to travel to the island without being required to be nude? I would simply like to check it out (although I imagine my fiancee would rather stay back for that excursion lol).

I love that CSS has the botanical gardens surrounding it. I love that CTI has the large spacious 1 bedroom suites.

Please help me decide! Thanks in advance!
    The nude beach at CSS is far away from everything and you will not see a nude person unless you are looking to. We just came back last month and never even saw anyone topless on the main beach. CSS is incredible!!! You won't be disappointed

Default Thanks for all the input !

We are returning in early February '11 and everyone's posts reminds me of the research we did before we booked our first vacation @ CN. CN seemed like the perfect fit of laid back and relaxed with a touch of crazy if you want it. We were correct! I did most of the research and chose CN based on comments and reviews like here, and Trip Advisor.

We are by no means nudists, but had fun knowing it was available to sunbathe nude if we wanted to. Topless was quite prevalent on the beach, included with thongs and the like! All shapes and sizes, quite uninhibited which was liberating and spicey at the same time! Does that make sense?

I admit CTI looks interesting, but getting into a boat and traveling to the island sounds fun for the first few times, but the novelty would wear off. CSS I know is very romantic and might be a possible future trip, but as for now, we love CN!

Quote Originally Posted by KandS View Post
    At night - avoid the Budda Pool area as it is often frequented by those seeking to make "au natural" an evening activity as well.
    "They" have been asked to not do this by management.