Default Question! Help please :)

Hey there - I'll be cruising into Jamaica in mid-March and I have the prices for the couples but what is worrying me is the cab ride. Which couples resort is closer - and is there any cab I can call ahead of time to make the trek a bit easier?

Thanks!

The Negril resorts are a little bit shorter drive from the airport at 1 hour & 15 - 30 minutes depending on traffic & whether or not you stop along the way for a potty break. There is no need to get your own cab because you can take the Couples shuttle for free & they leave within a few minutes of you getting to the Couple Lounge at the airport anyway. Sometimes it's a van & sometimes it's a larger shuttle bus ... just depends on how many couples heading the same way at the same time. You can arrange a flight between Montego Bay & Negril but you really don't save more than 20 minutes in our experience & it's sort of a hassle IMHO. Definitely no need to arrange for your own taxi though. You would be out the cash & not get there any quicker.
    Julie

If you are into Ocho Rios, then CSS will be the closest. If you are going into MoBay, then you about 1 1/2 hours from OR and Negril. If you are looking for a cab, you want to make sure they are certified by the Jamaican Tourism Board. I think their license plates are white with red. I am sure there will be someone on board your ship to give you this information. The cost will depend on whether you are in MoBay or OR.
    Vicky

Couples provides transportation from the airport to the resort. Negril is closer than Ochi so CSA or CN would be closer than CSS or CTI.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    If you are looking for a cab, you want to make sure they are certified by the Jamaican Tourism Board. I think their license plates are white with red.
    Very good point, but they are actually red/maroon license plates with white lettering.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Default San Souci

We went to Negril the first time in Jamaica and it took well over 2 hours to get there from the airport in Montego Bay. Couples San Souci, just east of Ocho Rios, took us about 1 1/2 hours each of the last two times there from the airport in Montego Bay.

Negotiate with the cab before you get in. If you don't like the price find someone else.

If you cruise into MoBay, I wouldn't bother going as it is a bit if a long drive. If you sail in to Ocho Rios then either CTI or CSS would be closest.

Sorry, but I don't know what the price would be.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

thanks for the info! we will be cruising into Ocho Rios and have called so they told me that CSS is our best bet at around 20 minutes away. Cant wait!!

If you're coming on a cruise ship, you'll be docking close to CSS. I can't help with a price estimate on a taxi to CSS but CSS is the closest to the cruise ship port. Maybe 30-45 mins to CSS from the port.

Depending on traffic it is about 10 to 20 minutes from the cruise ship port to CSS

No way is it 40-45 minutes unless you walk LOL