Thread: Trading places

Default Trading places

I am sorry if this is repeat questions, but am wondering exactly how trading places works? Can we sign up for it when we check in the first day? I understand they have it Mon, Wed and Friday with a shuttle during the day hours to check out the sister resort. Is this available for anyone staying at the resort, even a first timer? For those of you who have done this, would you recommend it worth taking a day away from your resort? We are staying at CTI. We are leaving 2 weeks from today and can hardly stand it!! This will be a first time all-inclusive experience and want to make sure we make the most of what they have to offer.

First, you have to be a member of Romance Rewards, so sign up now. The link is on the top left of the www.couples.com.

You are correct, they offer it on Mon, Wed and Fri. Sign up early in your trip because they only allow 10 couples each day and it fills up fast. The van leaves your resort at 10am and returns at 4pm. You cannot stay longer unless you are willing to pay for an evening pass.

It is definately worth it!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default Sign up before arriving to trade places

Can you sign up to trade places before you arrive? We will be arriving on Wednesday and leaving the following Monday, so the only day we can trade places is Friday.

Thanks for your help.

We did the trading places from CSA to CN earlier this year. Yes, you can do it as a first timer as long as you are signed up as a Romance Rewards member (very easy to do - see the link).

I thought it was worthwhile, since we had always been curious to tour CN. It will give you an opportunity to try different food, and also have a change in scenery.

Definitely worth checking out. It confirmed to us that CTI is our home in Jamaica.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Definitely worth checking out. It confirmed to us that CTI is our home in Jamaica.
    How long does it take to get confirmed once you sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by ontheflipside View Post
    How long does it take to get confirmed once you sign up?
    They will tell you when you book the Trading Spaces if they have room or not. The shuttle goes over about 9 in the morning and comes back about 4. If you want to return early you can get a cab. It was $5 pp when we were there last year. We went over with two other couples, so there were six of us in the cab. I don't know if that makes a difference. We have visited CSS twice from CTI.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by kcandkc View Post
    Can you sign up to trade places before you arrive? We will be arriving on Wednesday and leaving the following Monday, so the only day we can trade places is Friday.
    They limit the Trading Places program to 10 couples per day. When we visited CSS from CTI last December, only six of us (3 couples) were on the bus. I'm not sure if this is the norm, but if it is, you should not have any problem signing up for Friday's bus after you arrive on Wednesday.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Now that the dock on TI is being re-done, we were allowed to go over to SSB daily. There were 2 shuttles in the morning (10 & 12) and two in the afternoon (3:00 and 4:30). One day, 2 couples took a cab and it was $10 pp RT. I thought that was a rip-off on the taxi driver's part.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheflipside View Post
    For those of you who have done this, would you recommend it worth taking a day away from your resort?
    I think its worth it just to see what the other resort is like. We did it on our last trip. CSA to CN. We missed CSA but made the most of it. Hung out for about half the day. We were ready to catch a cab back to CSA but CN called us the shuttle since we were the only couple that made the trip. We didn't consider it a waste since we got to see another couples. Now we definitely know which one we prefer.

Hello,
    My husband and I did Trading Places, this past April. We got on the bus around 10:00 am. We got to CSA quickly. They do an orientation if you want to. We did go along, it was an opportunity to get to know the property. We were going along when my husband relized,we didnt shut and lock the safe in our room at CN. We were able to ge the couples van to take us back, we shut the safe, (nothing was taken by the way.) We asked if we could go back to CSA the bus driver gladly took us back and we stayed until 4:00pm. Just another reason we will be going back for our 5th time in 80 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One Love,
    Mya