Default CSA room--Atrium or Garden Verandah?

It has been 5 years since our last trip to CSA. We are returning July '11 for our 35th anniversary. We stayed in the Ocean View Verandah on our previous visits. This time we are highly considering an atrium or garden verandah. Question---Which category? Considering location by the Palms as not favorable due to the noise? OR do we just go back with the ocean view? Thanks! counting the days.....

We love the Atrium suites and wouldn't stay in any other category. Just remember that there is no TV. -- which WE like.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Atrium hands down, I would miss my hammock to much.

We have always stayed in the garden verandah, but tried the atrium for our last stay in October. We had booked ten days. We really tried to like the atrium room, but after a few days we asked to be changed to a garden verandah. The cost to upgrade was minimal. It wasn't the fact that there wasn't a TV in the room. It was the noise. We found that having the shutters all around just made it too loud. We were awoken early every morning with the noise around us. You could hear people talking outside and just the outside noises were louder. We were so thrilled to go back to our old favorite. We did ask for a room closer to newer section. The staff were very accomodating!
    Last edited by Redsoxnation; December 21st, 2010 at 09:59 AM.

Most of the Atriums are not close enough to the Palms to be that noisy. We were in BFS that was very noisy. We like the Atriums the best and would always choose that in the future. The only reason we stayed in a BFS is that the Atriums were sold out during our honeymoon. I love how open they are and the nice porch. They feel very private and don't feel like a hotel since there are windows on all sides.

We also LOVE the Atrium Suites ! No doubt, if you do not need the TV, go with the atrium suites, you will love it ! ( and now they have mini bars ).

We are going for our fifth trip to CSA in June. We have stayed in the OVS rooms on all previous trips but have elected to stay in an Atrium for this trip. We have seen the rooms up close and thought it would be a very nice change up for us. I don't think we will miss the TV at all.

Congratulations on your 35th, we will be celebrating 31 in June.

The Atriums have been recently renovated, and they're really nice. We stayed in an Atrium overlooking the wedding area, and it was very quiet and peaceful with a little babbling brook right by our room....I actually loved this room category more than the GVS! We're in a BFS next year, but the year after we're going back to the Atrium for sure!!

Out of the two, I would choose the atrium hands down. Kev and I just stayed in the Garden Verandah and I didn't care for it but he liked it. I do like to be on the Palm's/original side of the resort and never found noise to be an issue. Garden's and Atrium's are closest to the road so if you think that will be an issue, I would go closer to the beach, possibly back to the ocean view.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

Love the atrium! The last one we were in was as good as a beachfront suite in terms of view. The hammock is a great addition to the room as well.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like we will probably be booking an Atrium...hopefully the road noise will not be an issue. Noise IS a factor for me..but not husband. (His issue problemis "light"...)
    July 13 for 10 days!!!! Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasgirl View Post
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like we will probably be booking an Atrium...hopefully the road noise will not be an issue. Noise IS a factor for me..but not husband. (His issue problemis "light"...)
    July 13 for 10 days!!!! Can't wait.
    There are two "layers" of atrims. If you look at a map of all the buildings there are sort of 4 layers of buildings in the old section. The first layer closest to the beach are all beachfronts, the second and third are atriums and the last layer are GVS. The third layer, or second layer of atriums, are closer to the road so you do get road noise sometimes. You can almost be sure to eliminate road noise if you get one in the second layer or first layer of atriums. We have been in three buildings and only had road noise in one. We were most recently in one by the wedding gazebo which was nice. I could see the ocean a little, it was very peaceful and all I could hear was the ocean and the little pond by the gazebo. I prefer to be a little more towards the Palms but this was a nice area too.

dirtleg, we are also booked for our fifth trip to CSA, but in April 2011.

Do people ask you why you keep going back to the same place? I do want to see other places but am drawn back to CSA. It has been the best vacation spot for us all four times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle Ann View Post
    ...Do people ask you why you keep going back to the same place? I do want to see other places but am drawn back to CSA. It has been the best vacation spot for us all four times.
    Yes, we get this all the time. Mostly they ask why we don't cruise. My usual response is that boats don't have a beach or palm tress. Going point by point I usually convince them that CSA has it all over cruises. I can't imagine going on a cruise over CSA.

Some day we will probably do some traveling to see and experience other places, Europe is top of the list. Perhaps after mrs. dirtleg retires next year. But CSA will always be our "vacation" spot.

Have a great trip!