Thread: Rick's Cafe

Default Rick's Cafe

How far is Rick's Cafe from CSA?

5 minute walk up the beach.

Perfect. We are heading to CSA for the first time on Jan.30.
    We are so excited!!!

Also, I thought someone said we needed a cab to get there.

Close enough to do a pub crawl back to the resort!! lol

Ricks is up on the cliffs. If you're standing on the beach at CSA looking to the left out across the bay, it's all the way around the corner way past where you can see.

It's probably a 10-15 minute drive. It would be a very long walk up the cliffs road.

wake3080 is correct. The first couple of posters may have been thinking of Margarittaville, it is right down from CSA along the beach. We took a cab from CSA with a large group of us and it took about 15 minutes to arrive. It cost us $20 per couple, they dropped us off and we were able to arrange a time with them to pick us back up later in the evening.

its not a close walk.

I am afraid the first response was confusing Rick's with Margaritaville. Rick's is a 15 minute cab ride and very long walk which cannot be done only along the beach since it is on the cliffs, past the river. Margaritaville, is an easy walk though, as is Bourbon Beach. Hope this helps.

Default Walk or drive?

Having been to Rick's in February this year, because of the winding, twisted road and being located on a hill, I don't think you'd be able to walk there or would even want to walk due to the safety factor. I would suggest a taxi...we did and booked it directly from the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by wake3080 View Post
    Ricks is up on the cliffs. If you're standing on the beach at CSA looking to the left out across the bay, it's all the way around the corner way past where you can see.

It's probably a 10-15 minute drive. It would be a very long walk up the cliffs road.
    This one is correct.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default Ricks Cafe

At CSA we did a Ricks Cafe excursion, and I think it was like 15 bucks for two people, and they took us dropped us off we stayed for awhile and jumped off cliffs, partied a bit and they picked us up. LOVED IT, bring one dollar bills and 5s since they will ask you to tip them to jump.

You will love it!

Dorothy; As Wake3080 said, Rick's is a 10-15 min cab ride from CSA. Not sure I would want to walk it, your probably looking at about an hour. We found it to be over rated, and not really worth the 20.00 cab ride. The cliff divers were the only thing we really enjoyed. Many go to watch the sunset, which you can do on the Cat Cruise. The drinks and food are very expensive. We weren't impressed. Just our experience.
    Ken & Gina

I think louieandsusie may be thinking of Margaritaville. Thats about 5-10 minutes down the beach. Rick's is a cab ride....or a long walk.

No way that it is a 5 minute walk to Rick's from CSA. I am not even sure that you can walk the beach the whole way there.

The 5 minute walk from CSA is Margaritaville.

Quote Originally Posted by louieandsusie View Post
    5 minute walk up the beach.
    Ummm how fast do you walk and do you walk on water? It is about a 10 min cab ride, walking to ricks would take 2 hours.

It is not 5 Min, but more like a 15 min DRIVE. Yes you need a cab and it costs $40.00 per couple. Also if you go plan on a Tuesday-Thursday late afternoon as its the slow times for them and the sunset from there is worth the wait (not to mention the people diving from the cliffs).

Just keep in mind that it is a tourist bar and you won't be very shocked by the prices. It's a nice place to visit but I myself have never gone back in the 7 years I have been going to Negril.

Way too far to walk, plus I wouldn't walk the beach at night.

I think some of you are confusing Rick's Cafe with Margaritaville. Margaritaville is a quick walk down the beach. Rick's Cafe is a good 5 miles away. There's a daily shuttle to Rick's from CSA. When we were there in September, it cost $15 a person. It left at 4 pm and returned at 7.

They also have a shuttle that will take you there. It's worth going for a drink or 2 - pretty amazing to watch them dive off the cliffs. Be aware that the divers will come around asking for donations.

Default Rick's and change

Be advised that Rick's will ONLY give you change in Jamaican dollars. Be sure you are familiar with the current exchange rate so you don't "accidently" get the wrong change.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    No way that it is a 5 minute walk to Rick's from CSA. I am not even sure that you can walk the beach the whole way there.
    I don't think you could. There isn't even beach half the way. The catamaran cruise goes all the way there and it takes a while. Some of it seems to be private land and some of the area is all cliffs. I don't think it would be possible to walk it. I don't think I could walk faster than that boat so I think it would take well over an hour to get there even if it was just beach.