Hybrid View

Default CN for CSA lovers

Hi, everybody. DH and I have been to CSA twice and we love Negril's beaches so much. Last year, we switched things up and went to Cancun. It was fun, but I'm craving a return to Jamaica where the beaches are soooo much more beautiful. DH loves CSA, but we were thinking of going to CN this time. Questions for CN lovers and/or guests who have stayed at both:

1. What is the beach like at CN? Is it more or less the same as CSA? I don't want to stay anyplace where the beach is rocky or full of coral.

2. I understand CN has only one pool and it has a swim-up bar. DH and I are quiet and non-drinkers. Does the pool get really rowdy? At CSA, we opted for the pool without the bar and the pool at the fitness center over the one with the swim-up bar.

3. What kind of entertainment is available in the evening? We like the piano bar at CSA, but would be interested in other types of music, too.

4. Is it true that CN is the more mingling resort? We only met one other couple on our last trip to CSA, but, as I said, we tend to keep to ourselves.

5. Are there still a lot of Jamaican specialties on the menus at CN? We eat as much Jamaican food as possible at CSA.

6. Does the crowd demographically tend towards a certain age? We are 50 and 47.

Thanks for your assistance!

Toodycat....CN has a beautiful beach. Obviously not as long as CSA, but plenty of room to walk. We love to walk the beach and don't feel crowded. There is no coral and the water is beautiful.

The pool bar has never been an issue when we were there. There are always people at the pool bar but it never seems to get loud or rowdy. Of course we go in November, so the time of year could have some effect.

CN has a great Piano Bar and Casava Terrace has music in it almost every night for at least a portion of the night. Both good and fun.

CN is definitely a good place to mingle. It is much smaller so you do tend to see people over and over. It is easy to keep to yourself if you like, or to strike up conversation if you choose. Everyone is always so friendly, it is easy to make new friends if that is what you want to do.

There are a lot of Jamaican items on the menus and on the buffets. No problem there.

The crowd seems to range from young (early 20s) to the young at heart (any age). We have seen many people that are probably 50,60 and 70. We are all there for the same romantic experience and age never seems to play into it. I am 45 and my husband is 69, so we are diverse and never have an issue with people of any age.

We have only been to CN so I can't compare to CSA, but CN is absolutely beautiful and I think you will enjoy it. Have fun where ever you choose!

Went to CSA twice and decided to try CN in September. We loved the cozy feel of CN and made friends much easier there. We are going back in May, but will also be heading back to CSA in October.You really can't go wrong at either resort.

We were at CN in Feburary this year but have decided to try CSA in Feb. 2011 because we are so sure that it will be just as good of an experience as CN. We LOVED, LOVED CN, but thought that a few changes would make the next trip even more fun. i.e, different room types, different restaurant choices, different nightly entertainment BUT the same great beach, great staff and Couples experience. Varied ages are a "staple" at all of the Couples Resorts. I don't think you would be making a wrong choice by switching up - we are doing exactly that!

We’ve been to both resorts. CSA twice (once before it expanded in 2006 and once after) and CN once. CSA was our first Couples experience, and I was also worried that CN wouldn’t compare. Just remember all Couples resorts are unique in their own right. With that said....
    1. The beach is more private at CN than CSA. There is less traffic, vendors, etc. It is just as beautiful as CSA. I think the water is calmer, and maybe a little warmer (call me crazy). The water is just as clear, even at 6 feet deep. Beautiful, clean sand at your feet. I think I read somewhere that the CN beach is 2 miles long. Definately a great walk. There’s a small section you have to walk by the road, no big deal, there is a path.
    2. CN has two pools. The main pool is very large with a swim up bar. We’ve never hung out there but I don’t remember it being too rowdy. I guess it would depend on the guests that are staying there. There is also the dive pool where they teach scuba lessons. It’s very small and private, and when they aren’t giving lessons, I can only remember one person being there when we were there. There is a hot tub set behind it, and we would get into the pool after we got out of the hot tub.
    3. Entertainment. Well, we are usually too tired for the entertainment, but I think it’s really about the same kind of thing at all the resorts, depending on what night.
    4. We mostly keep to ourselves, but I think both resorts are equal for mingling.
    5. Yes on the Jamaican food.
    6. All ages. We are 44 and 40.
    I thought CSA was going to be our number one pick, until we went to CN. Then we went back to CSA and we think we liked it better before it expanded. They are very close running, but there are a couple of things that put CN over: more private beach, food is slightly better, staff is friendlier, resort is smaller.
    Hope this helps!

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll probably stick with CSA. We really do love the sprawling grounds and the landscaping. Maybe a day pass to CN would give us some insight for next time without making a commitment. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone.

Toodycat; Just from what you've said about yourselves, especially being CSA lovers, maybe you should go ahead and book with CSA and take advantage of the "Trading Places" opportunity. This would give you a day at CN to get a feel of the resort, without making a full commitment. We are also CSA lovers and did this on our second trip to CSA. I think there were five or six couples that day. We all agreed that although CN is a nice resort, we were partial to the atmosphere and layout of CSA. I'm sure there are those from CN who feel the same, but it's hard to replace your "First Love" and "Home". that's CSA for us.
    Ken & Gina

You could always go back to CSA and do the trading places. We went to CN for a day and reconfirmed that CSA was the resort for us. It is a great benefit.

spingirl - I think you said it perfectly. You can't go wrong with either resort. I like my alone time with my husband but we also love meeting new people. At CN, you run into the same people often because the resort is smaller. But all in all it is a WIN WIN situation. Pick one. You will love it!

[

Quote Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
    Hi, everybody. DH and I have been to CSA twice and we love Negril's beaches so much. Last year, we switched things up and went to Cancun. It was fun, but I'm craving a return to Jamaica where the beaches are soooo much more beautiful. DH loves CSA, but we were thinking of going to CN this time. Questions for CN lovers and/or guests who have stayed at both:

1. What is the beach like at CN? Is it more or less the same as CSA? I don't want to stay anyplace where the beach is rocky or full of coral.

2. I understand CN has only one pool and it has a swim-up bar. DH and I are quiet and non-drinkers. Does the pool get really rowdy? At CSA, we opted for the pool without the bar and the pool at the fitness center over the one with the swim-up bar.

3. What kind of entertainment is available in the evening? We like the piano bar at CSA, but would be interested in other types of music, too.

4. Is it true that CN is the more mingling resort? We only met one other couple on our last trip to CSA, but, as I said, we tend to keep to ourselves.

5. Are there still a lot of Jamaican specialties on the menus at CN? We eat as much Jamaican food as possible at CSA.

Thanks for your assistance!
    [QUOTE=toodycat;103015]Hi, everybody. DH and I have been to CSA twice and we love Negril's beaches so much. Last year, we switched things up and went to Cancun. It was fun, but I'm craving a return to Jamaica where the beaches are soooo much more beautiful. DH loves CSA, but we were thinking of going to CN this time. Questions for CN lovers and/or guests who have stayed at both:

-Very beautiful soft white sand,calm water

-There is a pool by the dive center and we went there many afternoons and occasionally metsome one else there most times it was empty.

- Local entertainment in the restaurant unti 10PM Than you can go to the piano bar.

-It is what you make it, no one pushes themselves on you.

- Yes

-We are in your age catergory and have loved CN, age is very varied thru out the resort. We are very social and have had a great time with couples of all ages.

You will have a great time. Go and enjoy yourselves it is a great place to do many things or to do nothing and just relax. It is an exceptional place.