Default Beach Party & Starlight Gala

Can someone describe the Beach Party & the Starlight Gala for me? Is there a dress code for them?

The beach party at CSS is on Tuesday nights and is very informal - shorts, flipflops, t-shirts. They have a buffet setup on the beach. The buffet has salads, appetizers, roast suckling pig, etc. There was entertainment after (fashion show and dancing).

The Starlight Gala is on Friday evenings and is dressier. Most of the women wore dresses, skirts, or nice slacks. Most of the guys wore slacks and collared shirts (saw a few Hawaiian shirts, which were perfectly fine). The Gala is set up on the main lawn, and is a much more elaborate affair and buffet. For example, they had crab legs, and enormous salad and dessert tents. The entertainment was more like you would see on a cruise or in Vegas stage show.

allman2,

BobandJudy did a great job of describing the two events. Here are some pictures we took of our trip in 2008, which included the Beach Party, http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7608740935393/ and in 2009 of the Starlight Gala http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684193991/. Hope this helps you out.

Bart & Bug

Quote Originally Posted by allman2 View Post
    Can someone describe the Beach Party & the Starlight Gala for me? Is there a dress code for them?
    ....Be sure to bring GOOD Insect Repellent; Sand Fleas are vicious!!

...Be sure to bring GOOD Insect Repellent; Sand Fleas are vicious!!
    We were there a week ago and there was not one sand flea -

It was a nice change because last year at CN we got eaten alive.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post
    We were there a week ago and there was not one sand flea -

It was a nice change because last year at CN we got eaten alive.
    ....We were warned on these boards to bring a good repellent, and I did. Loaded up my legs, figuring they wouldn't get past that. WRONG!! No bites on my legs, but tore up my arms and torso.

n127_1359.jpg (23.1 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Beach Party & Starlight Gala

Hi
    Dear frnd i dont know about dress code so i cant say about it but yes i can suggest you the best destination of dresses for going at beach. Please try at swimsuit sales. You will surely get at here your dress.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    The beach party at CSS is on Tuesday nights and is very informal - shorts, flipflops, t-shirts. They have a buffet setup on the beach. The buffet has salads, appetizers, roast suckling pig, etc. There was entertainment after (fashion show and dancing).

The Starlight Gala is on Friday evenings and is dressier. Most of the women wore dresses, skirts, or nice slacks. Most of the guys wore slacks and collared shirts (saw a few Hawaiian shirts, which were perfectly fine). The Gala is set up on the main lawn, and is a much more elaborate affair and buffet. For example, they had crab legs, and enormous salad and dessert tents. The entertainment was more like you would see on a cruise or in Vegas stage show.
    When do they have the dancing for the beach party? Is it after the fashion show and entertainment or before. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    ....We were warned on these boards to bring a good repellent, and I did. Loaded up my legs, figuring they wouldn't get past that. WRONG!! No bites on my legs, but tore up my arms and torso.

n127_1359.jpg (23.1 KB)
    Wow that looks nasty, we had no issues at all at CN two weeks ago, I am told that if you take B12 it keeps them and the mosquitoes away, it must be true as my wife and I started taking B12 as a supplement recommended by a trainer at her gym must have worked or it was just a mild period while we were there.

What time does the party finish ie when does the food finish on the Tuesday party. Our flight gets in at 4.45pm so would you reckon after customs and transfer etc (from Kingston) that we will be at CSS by about 8.30pm.

With regards to the Gala...how is set up for seating? Like do couples get their own tables? Or is it a huge group at one table?

At the Gala the tables are round tables with 6 seats per table. You sit wherever you want and with whoever you want.

What are the party plans for the New Year Party bash!!! Didn't get any updates for the Christmas eve..I would love to join this.
    Last edited by nickatparty; December 29th, 2010 at 12:11 AM.