Default Help me pick a resort

My fiancé' and I are planning on spending out honeymoon at couples resort this upcoming May. We have spent a good amount of time looking at pictures and reading the details of each resort and I think we are more confused than ever! I am hoping you all can maybe narrow down the resorts to make our decision a little easier. Below are a few "wants":

My fiancé' loves the beach for tanning, the occasional dip in the ocean, and nice walks. Also, we both like being around other people, but not on top of other people.

I am a scuba diver so the fact that I can dive at no cost is a HUGE plus, but it appears I can dive at any of the resorts. Are any better than the others?

We both love good food and drinks. Our idea of a good day is hanging at a poolside bar or sitting in a hammock/chair on the beach (again with a drink in hand).

While I like sitting/laying around I cannot stand doing that ALL day every day. I need to find something to do. This could be working out, scuba diving, or an excursion. Is there a certain resort that offers better/more options? The horseback riding and falls excursion seems nice, but I’m not sure what it all entails so I’m not sure if it's worth making a resort decision based on them.

I hope maybe someone can help distinguish the main differences between the resorts.

Also, can anyone explain the main differences in rooms? It's hard to find a good explanation of the different rooms. But ideally we would like a room that is as close to the ocean as possible (must overlook the ocean) and have a patio/balcony. I love sitting outside at night with a drink and a cigar and just enjoying the ocean breeze (wave crashing is a plus as well)

CN all the way!! Huge beach for long walks and tanning and not getting that crowded feeling. Great scuba diving (Sugar is awesome) ask for him if you go diving.

Our friends that we go with are marathon runners and say the classes and the hill running are great. I'm on vacation i'm only running to get a drink LOL. But the guys that do the weight training will take you off the resort to run if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Am00re34 View Post
    My fiancé' and I are planning on spending out honeymoon at couples resort this upcoming May. We have spent a good amount of time looking at pictures and reading the details of each resort and I think we are more confused than ever! I am hoping you all can maybe narrow down the resorts to make our decision a little easier. Everything in Jamaica is EASY!Below are a few "wants":

My fiancé' loves the beach for tanning, the occasional dip in the ocean, and nice walks. Also, we both like being around other people, but not on top of other people. The beaches along Negril are better for walking.

I am a scuba diver so the fact that I can dive at no cost is a HUGE plus, but it appears I can dive at any of the resorts. Are any better than the others? Scuba diving at CTI or CSS offers more to see.

We both love good food and drinks. Our idea of a good day is hanging at a poolside bar or sitting in a hammock/chair on the beach (again with a drink in hand). Offered at all resorts.

While I like sitting/laying around I cannot stand doing that ALL day every day. I need to find something to do. This could be working out, scuba diving, or an excursion. Is there a certain resort that offers better/more options? The horseback riding and falls excursion seems nice, but I’m not sure what it all entails so I’m not sure if it's worth making a resort decision based on them. If you haven't been before, the horseback ride and Dunn's Waterfall IS worth going for.

I hope maybe someone can help distinguish the main differences between the resorts.

Also, can anyone explain the main differences in rooms? It's hard to find a good explanation of the different rooms. But ideally we would like a room that is as close to the ocean as possible (must overlook the ocean) and have a patio/balcony. I love sitting outside at night with a drink and a cigar and just enjoying the ocean breeze (wave crashing is a plus as well) After choosing different rooms the first 3 trips, we realized that it wasn't that important. The walk from a non-beachfront room is 20 steps longer than a beachfront room.

Default Many Choices

It depends on what is most important. You want a romantic HM very quite San Souci would work great. The Ocean front rooms are 120 feet from the water, we lay there listening to the waves so peaceful. Diving is best in Negril water is calmer North shore it is at times rough in 7 day first of December we could only dive 3 days. But diving is great at San Souci or Tower Island, Bot these resort have good AN area if interested in that CSS the best of all Couples IMHO. The room category differ from resort to resort but Ocean Front usually will be one of you high priced room but usually worth it. What ever resort you go to it will be great the people staff and management at Couples will go out of their way to help you out. Hope this helped some. David

That's easy, swept away! Waiting for April 20 for trip no 4!

I think CSA would be a good choice.The beach is awesome.It is long so beach walks are possible.Beachfront rooms have you near the waters edge and sunsets are specacular.Can't comment on scuba as not a fan.

Default choosing a resort

We have only been to CTI and CSS. At CTI not all the rooms over look the ocean so make sure it is ocean view rooms you book. At CSS either the Beachfront Jacuzzi room or the Ocean View Balcony Suite have great views. There seems to be a little more activities at CTI like the catamaran, horseback riding, lots of water sports, the falls,Margarettiaville (which we have never done. We love both of the resorts but usually stay at CSS. Both have excellent food. Both have scuba diving and the resorts are not that far apart so I don't know if the diving would be better at one. For the better beach and diving you may prefer CN.

Default I would go to Swept Away

Hey - you sound like me and my husband, so I think you would love CSA. The beach is fabulous not only for tanning and swimming, but awesome for that morning power walk. The gym is really good too, and they offer classes such as yoga. It's an open air gym and it has a wellness bar where you can get power bars and cucumber infused water. All of the liquor is top shelf which is awesome for all-inclusive. I'm a vodka drinker, so they did have Grey Goose which was fine. The food is to die for, and again, for an all inclusive, having every restaurant serve delicious food is great. And since it's for couples, you will find that you can have as much fun or as much privacy as you like. Included is the snorkeling and the "booze cruise" where you get to swim in caves. They have lots of day trips you can plan right there. A friend went to the Couples in Ocho Rios, and while they loved it, they came back to Swept Away. The best part, really, is the people that work at CSA - AWESOME! Friendly, happy, always ready to help you with anything. The spa services are great too!

CSA is the way you should go. Very romantic and laid back. The beach is beautiful and you can walk either way from the resort for miles and drink in the local flavor. CSA has the best Sports Complex on the island. The beachfront rooms are truly beachfront and you can choose from a couple different kinds. CSA also has the most food and bar choices and has a good nightlife. The resort is so romantic at night and I think it would make the perfect place for a honeymoon. Good luck in deciding, but if your fiance loves the beach, then it should be CSA all the way.

We've been to CA twice and love it. Great beach, terrific food, and awesome staff. We are booking for next Nov again for our 3rd time to CSA. CSA is on 7mile beach which is the best in Jamaica with lots of things to see. The resort is a little more spread out then the other 3 so you never feel crowded. The rooms are all nice but we've stayed in the Ocean front verandah. I think it's the best spot at the resort, there on the end of the resort where the very late night entertainment is so we don't have too long of a walk to our room after a full night at the Aura lounge. Have fun