Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Just returned from CTI...

Review coming soon! Hopefully later today

Default CTI Review 12/15-12/21

My husband and I are 28 & 35. This was our first time to any Couples resort and our fist time to Jamaica. I am a tuff cookie and expect nothing but the best. I wouldn’t say that I am hard to please, but poor customer service is a pet peeve and something that I don’t tolerate. My husband is a little more easy going and hardly complains. I only mention this to emphasize how unbiased my review will be. We had an amazing time at CTI. Here is my review…

We live in Atlanta so we had a direct flight to MBJ, went through customs in exactly 1 hour and waited in Couples lounge for 20min. My husband had a red stripe while I just had a bottle of water. There were five couples on the shuttle that were headed to CTI and two couples that went to Sans Souci. Our driver was very nice and educated us on Jamaica’s culture. The roads were smooth and he didn’t drive too fast, however, all the other drivers on the road did, as well as the drivers to offsite excursions. We arrived at CTI around 5pm, we were greeted with Rum Punch (which was my drink of choice for our entire trip, along with Mob Marley shots). We booked the secret rendezvous and were given an ocean view room # 4403 with a beautiful view of the ocean directly above the pool with the swim up bar. Kirk brought up our bags and informed us of the orientation at 5. We decided not to do the tour, and honestly, I learned so much from this board that I felt I knew enough. We freshened up, changed, and headed out to tour the resort then had dinner at the Patio. When we returned, we had a bottle of Champaign w/ fruit and cheese…nice surprise

Staff:
    Couples staff is beyond wonderful. Everyone was very pleasant and genuinely wanted to make us happy. From the front desk to housekeeping, customer service was top notch. I honestly have no complaints. It took us a couple of days to get use to just saying, “thank you” without leaving a tip. These people work so hard, and they do it with a smile.

Beach:
    The beach was nice, some say small but was perfect for us. Plenty of loungers, however there were times when we had to hunt for floaties but we always got one. The water was beautiful clear blue; I could have floated all day.

Food:
    The food was top notch, a surprise for an all-inclusive. We ate at all the restaurants, our favorite was 8 Rivers. I had the Beef Wellington; while Sean had the Lobster (it was Friday night…lobster night). Bayside was beautiful and although we enjoyed the ambiance this was our least favorite, only because we are not huge fans of Thai, but the appetizer was very good. The Verandah was beautiful as well, and we both enjoyed our meal there. The pool grill was our choice for lunch and sometimes a late night snack. I loved the jerk burger! I had delicious omelets and waffles every morning at the Patio, Sean had pretty much everything. The service at all of these restaurants was impeccable.

Bar:
    The bar service was great. I think we had drinks at all of them. As I stated earlier I had several Bob Marley’s followed by rum punch. Sean had Hennessy w/ ginger beer. As suggested by other guests, I did try the Miami Vice & Dirty Banana, they were good but I still preferred the Rum Punch. The bartenders were awesome; they remembered our names as well as what we were drinking.

Entertainment:
    The entertainment was just right. I was a little worried because I read that everything shuts down around 9 so I thought we may get bored. Not at all…we had a ball! Each night there was something different. There were steel band performers, singers, dancers, international night, DJ request night, and a beach party w/ an after party at Margaritaville. The entertainment staff did a good job getting everyone involved but was not pushy. It rained the first two days we were there but we still enjoyed our selves. We played pool and cards with two of them (can’t remember their names at the moment).

Spa:
    We enjoyed a complimentary couple’s massage, and utilized the sauna and Jacuzzi’s. The spa area is beautiful. (tips are allowed for spa staff)

Excursions:
    During the first two days, the weather was a rainy and windy so the red flag was up and the Island and water sports were closed. This gave us the opportunity to relax and really enjoy the resort. We met and befriended several couples, some of which who will be friends for a long time to come. On day three, we enjoyed the Kayaking and the Hydro Bike. Snorkeling, water skiing, glass bottom boat, and Scuba diving were also available. We did the Catamaran cruise, this was fun music played and we were served rum punch or juice. Tips were appreciated, but not expected. We went horseback riding which was an awesome experience; tips were also appreciated here, as these people were not couples employees. There was a photographer who took pictures for purchase ($15 for pics of the entire excursion) and guides who took pictures of us with our personal camera. We took the shopping trip to Island Village, this wasn’t bad at all. I read other reviews that the vendors were pushy but we said “no thank you” to items we didn’t want and purchased things that we did with no problem. We also went to Dunn’s River Falls, this was fun and not as hard as I expected, but you do need to pay attention and take your time, there are several opportunities to hurt yourself if you don’t. Here tips were appreciated of course, but also very much expected! We tipped our two guides and our driver on every excursion.

We had an amazing trip; anyone who can’t be pleased here just can’t be pleased. Everything was as close to perfect and you can get. Oh, and did I mention the place was spotless. Everything was kept so clean! (I’m a sort of a germophobe, but again no complaints)

In order to be completely honest, I will mention that I had to call down to the front desk for a shower repair. When I turned it on it literally just dripped. But no worries mon, within 5 minutes someone was there to adjust the water to my desired pressure. We also didn’t have the water bottles in our room. They were completely out and didn’t expect a shipment until the end of this month. That didn’t bother us, we were able to get water from all the bars with no problem, and they took our address and promised to mail us two when they came in. With Champaign and complementary massages, how could we complain?

For those of you who are wondering, we did have robes in our room, which were very nice to use at the spa and Jacuzzi. Beach towels were not a problem you can trade your dirty towels for clean ones by the pool or the water sports.

This message board is a wonderful tool. I learned so much from everyone’s post. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Again, our trip was awesome and we are already planning our return trip.
    Once you go, you Know!

Merry Christmas everyone & Happy new Year!!!

Default Pics

Here are a few pics...they didn't post with my review.

#1 View from our room
    #2 Game of Pool with the entertainment staff(now friends)
    #3 My fav bartender...Kenard
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I am so glad that u had an amazing time. This is the 3rd review that I read tonight on the MB and the only positive one. The others were for the other 3 resorts. Everyone say that they had a nice time but, the reviews say something else. I am always interested in hearing great reviews for CTI because we will b there 09/2011. I have said so many times that CTI get such a bad rep on the MB. I am like u. I know that no place is perfect but, bad customer service is a deal breaker for me. I can not to go so I will know. Any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    I am so glad that u had an amazing time. This is the 3rd review that I read tonight on the MB and the only positive one. The others were for the other 3 resorts. Everyone say that they had a nice time but, the reviews say something else. I am always interested in hearing great reviews for CTI because we will b there 09/2011. I have said so many times that CTI get such a bad rep on the MB. I am like u. I know that no place is perfect but, bad customer service is a deal breaker for me. I can not to go so I will know. Any pictures?
    This is where the message board needs a "like" button.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    I really had a great time. One would have to be searching with a microscope to find a problem. I honestly have no complaints. I did post 3 pics but I have several more. I took pics of every inch of the place just for ppl on this board Let me know what you would like to see and I will post them here. I don't have them on flicker but I did post 200 on my facebook.

I loved your post because I can relate with your excitement. I loved seeing your pics! Those two you are playing pool with were amazing when we were visiting couples! Its an amazing place!
    MouLouHill

Default Cti

Yes, we would love to see more pics! We still have to wait 177 days until school is out to make it back to Ocho Rios! We were there before remodel in 2005 and can't wait to go back!
    Great review!

Default More pics

Quote Originally Posted by tumh20 View Post
    Yes, we would love to see more pics! We still have to wait 177 days until school is out to make it back to Ocho Rios! We were there before remodel in 2005 and can't wait to go back!
    Great review!
    Here are more pics. Enjoy (I can only upload 5 at time)

Default pics

I'm not sure of the order of the photos but I wanted to mention the pathway to the spa, crab cake app, and the Beef Wellington.

Desert at 8 Rivers, Bob Marley shot, Miami Vice

More pics

pics again

Jerk Burger!

Default I think this is enough...

There's no way I can post all of my pics but here is the spa area and one pic of piano bar also.

Thank you for posting the pics. Their great. Its really nice to see from a personnal point of view, vise the companies PR personnel. The place looks fantastic. We can't wait to get there :>)
    Scott and Jen

Thanks for the wonderful and honest review. We just booked a Secret Rendezvous for 1/27/11 - 2/1/11. I checked availablity of all resorts durng that time and it looks like only one with space is CTI.

I have a couple of questions for you . . . How did you get a complimentary couples massage? Are the bars open 24 hours since the regular non suite rooms do not have a minibar? And finally, how comfortable was the bed?

Dawn and James

Default Looks Great!

Thanks for the review and the pictures. It looks great. We have booked a couples surprise for Jan 30 and looks like we will probably end up at CTI. We were there 4 years ago and the updates look great. Can't wait - I am counting the days.

Your review and pics made me sooo homesick! We were at CTI in August and absolutely loved it! We also had no complaints and can't wait to go back. Our next trip will be for our honeymoon in 4/12. So glad you had a wonderful trip!
    Bonnie & Jon

Blove, Spectacular photos, Thank you so much for posting them!!! My husband and I will be going tom CN for the 5th time in March 2011. I really want to try a different resort, just cant tear myself away from CN. But, if I could choose one I would love to try CTI or even CSS. Thanks again!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Default I hope u get CTI ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglelvr View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful and honest review. We just booked a Secret Rendezvous for 1/27/11 - 2/1/11. I checked availablity of all resorts durng that time and it looks like only one with space is CTI.

I have a couple of questions for you . . . How did you get a complimentary couples massage? Are the bars open 24 hours since the regular non suite rooms do not have a minibar? And finally, how comfortable was the bed?

Dawn and James
    I'm not sure why we got the complimentary massage. There were 2 coupons under our door when we woke up the next morning after checking in

The swim up bar closes at 6pm, the main bar closes at 1am, but the piano bar is open until the last person leaves. However, on our last night a group of us went to the piano bar after a trip to Martigraville and no one was there so I guess it was "closed". We had no problem getting a bartender to make drinks until about 3 am when we hit the jacuzzi.

For my husband and I the bed was perfect, as we like it a little firm.

I'm positive u will enjoy ur stay at any couples resort.

Thank you so much! We are going for our 7 year anniversary in October and are booking this month! Another couple is going with us and all 4 of us has never had a vacation with our significant others. Your post has reassured our choice of CTI! Your pictures and honest review were such a blessing.

Default room type

Your review was great....thank you. My husband and i have stayed at Couples Negril several times but i always check out CTI on the message board and on trip advisor....we are thinking of trying CTI. Just curious.....what type of room did you book? i have seen several room pictures and some of the rooms look better than others. just curious....

Quote Originally Posted by iowascotty View Post
    Your review was great....thank you. My husband and i have stayed at Couples Negril several times but i always check out CTI on the message board and on trip advisor....we are thinking of trying CTI. Just curious.....what type of room did you book? i have seen several room pictures and some of the rooms look better than others. just curious....
    We had the superior ocean view room

Hi Blove,
    I loved the additional photos that u posted. I too was interested in what type of room u had? Also, if its not too much of a bother can you please email me at lcollins@nmh.org. I have another question I would like to ask but, don't feel comfortable asking it on the MB. Thank u.
    Terry & Tonia Collins

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast