Thread: Csa may 2010

Default Csa may 2010

So going to CSA for the first time for my honeymoon May 23-29. Anyone else?

Glad to read that you're set up. We'll see you there (May 22-30).
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

My fiance and I are going May 22-29th. Our wedding is on the beach at 4pm on May 27th! First-timers and are really excited! C u there!

We will be there May 22-29 as well. It's our first trip to Couples (reccommended by friends who stayed at CSA for their honeymoon a couple years back)

Anybody started counting down yet? I just know we have a ridiculously long time to go! My husband thinks I'm nuts for getting all of this in order so far ahead of time!

DFW -

Our next visit will be our 8th... and we are as excited about this one as we were about our first; perhaps moreso, as we now KNOW what to expect.

Our advice...

Relax, but do plan ahead for things that need to be done around home... bill payments, gardening, etc., so you don't need to worry about them when you're relaxing on the beach.

Wait until you're under 30 days to begin packing... but then, pack soon enough so that you can re-evaluate how much you're trying to bring with you. You'll be surprised how much an over-stuffed suitcase will make you begin to rationalize that extra pair of shoes.

Don't obsess or overplan for your time there. Yes, be prepared to make some appointments/reservations early (dinner, cat cruise, diving, spa, that kind of thing), but beyond that, let your vacation unfold for you based on who you meet, what you learn, what appeals to you, etc.

Remember to bring a bit of patience with you. Things run on a different pace (Soon Come.... No Problem, mon... you get the drill), but that is the culture. I personally feel we can learn from it.

Become informed on procedure for your arrival on the island, your departure from the island, and your arrival back in the States. Check out www.state.gov, and if you have questions beyond that, feel free to ask.

Enjoy the anticipation... its part of the experience!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    DFW -

Our next visit will be our 8th... and we are as excited about this one as we were about our first; perhaps moreso, as we now KNOW what to expect.

Our advice...

Relax, but do plan ahead for things that need to be done around home... bill payments, gardening, etc., so you don't need to worry about them when you're relaxing on the beach.

Wait until you're under 30 days to begin packing... but then, pack soon enough so that you can re-evaluate how much you're trying to bring with you. You'll be surprised how much an over-stuffed suitcase will make you begin to rationalize that extra pair of shoes.

Don't obsess or overplan for your time there. Yes, be prepared to make some appointments/reservations early (dinner, cat cruise, diving, spa, that kind of thing), but beyond that, let your vacation unfold for you based on who you meet, what you learn, what appeals to you, etc.

Remember to bring a bit of patience with you. Things run on a different pace (Soon Come.... No Problem, mon... you get the drill), but that is the culture. I personally feel we can learn from it.

Become informed on procedure for your arrival on the island, your departure from the island, and your arrival back in the States. Check out www.state.gov, and if you have questions beyond that, feel free to ask.

Enjoy the anticipation... its part of the experience!
    Haha thanks for all the tips. The only thing I need to do is have my name changed on my passport (well that and book a flight). I've been married a year and a half and still haven't gotten around to it!

This past weekend I met a friend of a friend who went to CSA last year and had nothing but glowing reviews of the place. Can't wait... 262 days to go!

I'd get right on that passport thing. You don't know when you'll find a deal on airfare, and you'll need it to book.
    Chris

Oh good call! I hadn't thought of that!

Default May 27th wedding

Now that it's getting closer, I'm more and more excited. First-timers. Had a little setback- we were booked with Air Jamaica and they don't fly out of Chicago anymore, so had to change to U.S. Air for a bit more money.

I'm wondering about the live video feed for the wedding. How soon in advance do we need to book this? Do we have to pay for it right away or can we pay when we get there?

Good question re: video... you might want to visit the wedding thread or ask the wedding coordinator.... I'm sure you have a contact for them....
    Chris

Hey there me an my wife will be at csa may22 to 29 . We cant wait to get there, we have been there before an at couples negril before. We usually go to jamaica at least once a year an csa is our favorite place. Hope to see you there. Thanks lcm

Default Csa may 22-29

We will be there that wk. Hope to see you there

well all i can say is that ive been to csa before and absoulutly loved it not to mention my wife and i made some great friends from Texas along the way which in turn is the reason for my big return (thanks jack) i mean lcm. This place lives up to the hype all the staff is great and the rum punch on the cat cruise is fantastic huh LCM i know you have to remember a little from that night. By the way im planning on supporting a cowboy hat all week just for fun.

We just changed our dates and will be there on May 27th for 4 nights. Can't wait!

68 more days to go! got a call last week that American Airlines had changed the times of our flights..... nasty flights, with a nasty 6 hour layover in Miami.
    After the wife called and complained, they changed our flights to Delta, and gave us nonstop each way for no charge!!!
    This is our 3rd trip to CSA, and this time we are bringing some friends to share this dream place with!

We will be arriving May 28th for 7 days. Getting married June 1st. This will also be our first trip. Maybe some of you arriving the week of the 22nd can give us pointers as to what we should do. We will be at the beach party Friday night the 28th.

John and Tina from md. will be staying 5/27-6/3..We are first timers at CSA and will be celebrating my 39th, her 40th(25 really) , and our 15th anniv..cant get here soon enough.......

My b/f and I will be at CSA from May 22-31st. I'll try to get a pic posted to signature soon!

Christin & Dick

Will be at CSA May 27 through June 3. This is our first time at CSA and third time in Negril (stayed at CN 2 times prior). Wanted to try CSA this time for a change! Can't wait to go back home!! Celebrating our 5th Anniversary, June 1st! From McHenry, Illinois
    Terry and Lauri

We will be there for our honeymoon May 17-26.

We will be there for the first time for our honeymoon may 23-30. so excited can't wait to get some sun and fun. we are from RI.

Ok, I am responding to this so our pic shows up and all that will be there 5/22-5/31 can say hi! :-) See you soon!!

Christin & Dick

OK, Christin & Dick... see ya on the beach!
    Chris

we are going May 23-29 for our honeymoon also!

We are first timers and going May 16- May 25TH! Our honeymoon is going to be so relaxing... We did the Cat cruise we did one in Mexico and loved it...