Thread: TimAir Limited

Default TimAir Limited

Has anyone flown on TimAir to the resorts? Was wondering if it's worth the additional cost to be at the resort in 15 minutes vs taking the shuttle bus.

Thanks

My two cents: with both roads (Negril and Ocho Rios) now in good shape, it is just not worth the expense to fly.

The last time we used Timair was about three years ago. The price then was $350.00 one way. Here's how I look at it. If money is any kind of an issue, then I wouldn't do it. If there is enough money, then by all means, do it. The scenery from 1500 feet up is really cool. The pilot will point out interesting places on the ground as you fly by. If you have never flown in a two seater, then you are in for the ride of your life.
    The flight it self takes about 30 minutes. Landing at a small air strip not to far from Couples. They will call the resort and someone will come and pick you up.
    There is also some time spent going from the main airport by bus over to where Timair is located. Time spent filling out some paper work and if you are very lucky, there will be a pilot ready to take off. If not, sometimes you may have to wait for the pilot to return from a flight. But as I said, it is an interesting and fun trip.

Richie

We used Timair once... back when the road to Negril was being rebuilt, Couples (maybe it was just SweptAway at the time) was compensating repeat guests one-way with a flight. The view was, indeed, fantastic. But because they were SO busy, it took a while for a plane to become available and the bus actually beat us to the resort.

Another thing to keep in mind is the weather, and time of arrival at MoBay. They don't fly in inclement weather, and they don't fly after dark.

Hope that helps...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Ditto what Crabracer's said. We did it our second trip, last Sept. I think it's worth it, if it won't hurt your budget. We were lucky enough to have pilots ready and drivers, too. Essentially whisked through both ways. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Bus isn't bad, but how often do you fly by plane?

When we do CN, we always take TimAir. My wife does not like the bus ride, even with the new and improved roadways.

My thoughts are if you can afford it... do it. You are on vacation.

I don't know if it is still offered, but Air Jamaica used to do the jumps from MoBay to Negril. As much as I love flying that airline out of Philadelphia... I was very unhappy with the inter-island service. TimAir service was heads and shoulders better.

Personally, I don't do well on the bus rides to and from the airport. For me, it's worth the money to take the 15 minute flight. It has gotten expensive now, but I think TimAir is the only charter left in business, so you may be paying a little extra for lack of competition.

We always fly TIm Air to the resort, then take the bus back to the airport.
    This is what we payed the past 2 years.
    Flew to Ochos Rios (CSS); 30 minute flight; 111.50 per person one way

Flew to Negril (CSA); 15 minute flight; 84.00 per person one way

We just hire one of the cab drivers that is at the airport to take us to the resort.

We are going to CSA in November and will making online reservations with Tim Air to fly to Negril.