Thread: 1st Timers

Hybrid View

Default 1st Timers

Hi everyone!!
    We will be traveling to CSS on Jan 12th. This will be our first time to a Couples resort let alone Jamaica and we are REALLY excited. We've been to both sides of Mexico and Cuba and are looking forward something different!!
    I have a couple questions and would be very grateful for any feed back!!

My husband and I love to golf and were wondering what the caddy and cart rentals are and whether or not we should bring some balls and tees with us???

How far is Dunn River falls from the hotel and is it a full day excursion? We normally don't leave the the resort but from all the postings I've read it sounds like a must see for first timers!!

Thanks!!

I can't speak on the golf question but I believe the Dunns River Falls trip leaving the hotel around 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning and returning around 1:00. It's only about a 20 minute drive. This is a great excursion.

I copied the list from this site. The trip to the falls should be back in time for lunch. Enjoy.
    Caddies are mandatory
    US$17.00 per caddy for 18 holes walking
    US$12.00 per caddy for 9 holes walking
    US$25.00 per caddy for 18 holes on shared cart
    US$17.00 per caddy for 9 holes on a shared cart
    As caddies are not Sandals employees,
    tips are accepted
    Yamaha carts are optional
    US$40.00 per cart for 18 holes
    US$25.00 for 9 holes
    Nike Club rentals are available
    $45.00 for 18 holes or $30.00 for 9 holes
    All rentals available in ladies and gents, left and right handed
    Nike Shoe rentals: US$16.00 (includes free pair of socks)
    Ocho Rios Golf club doesn’t accept cash – all purchases and rentals must be paid by credit or debit card

Get the assistance from car rentals chennai to travel to different places....
    Through online we can search car rentals in chennai in a short span of time..

dandj,

Did you mistakenly copy that from the other resort's page. It says "caddies are not sandals employees". I have not played golf here, so I am not an expert. Maybe yours is accurate.

I found this on the activity link on the CSS page...It is at Upton Golf and Country Club.
    RENTAL & CADDY FEES:
    $20.00 per caddy for 18 holes walking; $15.00 per caddy for 9 holes walking
    $30.00 per caddy for 18 holes on shared cart; $20.00 per caddy for 9 holes on shared cart
    Yamaha Carts: $40.00 per cart for 18 holes; $25.00 for 9 holes
    Taylor Made Clubs: $60.00 for 18 holes or $35.00 for 9 holes for ladies and gents, left and right-handed clubs
    Adidas Shoes: $16.00, including socks
    Please note that the Upton Golf & Country Club only accepts credit/debit cards for payment.

I would recommend that you bring balls and tees as well as gloves, if needed. CSS and CTI use the Upton Golf and Country Club. That is also the course used by Sandals resorts and may be owned by Sandals. Just guessing on that. Considering the cost for club rental you may want to bring your own clubs. The baggage fees for coming and going would be about the cost of 1 club rental.