Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what to wear???

Default what to wear???

My husband I are coming in July to CN and this is our honeymoon that we didn't get 18 years ago!!! So we are pulling out all stops and I am wanting to wear some really sexy short dresses for my evening wear. Is this acceptable???

Quote Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
    My husband I are coming in July to CN and this is our honeymoon that we didn't get 18 years ago!!! So we are pulling out all stops and I am wanting to wear some really sexy short dresses for my evening wear. Is this acceptable???
    We always dress up for dinner and I usually wear coctail dresses. I think they key here is to be sexy but classy. I always run my outfits by my daughter before I pack, she is 19 and will say "oh dear!" if something isn't quite right. My husband is the last person to make the judgement call, he really likes short skirts and low tops on me and I am getting a little old for the clubbing look! I remember a girl last year at CTI that wore some really trashy dresses. She had the figure for them but they were definately an "OH DEAR!" and not suitable for Couples, perhaps Hedo.

Most definately! If you are comfortable wearing it, it's acceptable!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Of course it is acceptable to wear sexy short sun dresses. Let yourself go and have a great time. Remember this vacation is all about the 2 of you

Quote Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
    So we are pulling out all stops and I am wanting to wear some really sexy short dresses for my evening wear. Is this acceptable???
    .....Oh yeah!!!!

This vacation, and this location, is absolutely your opportunity to be as care free and sexy as you wish! For gosh sakes... Couples Resorts is the place you will see more skin than any other location on earth! Topless and Nude beaches and pools, unlimited alcohol and loving couples spending ALOT of QUALITY time together is the recipe to let down your guards and wear that dress your 19 yo gasped at!!!

We will also be at CN this July. Short, cute, sexy dresses are perfect for the evening because it is still so warm at night. It's fun to dress up sometimes.

Hello, My husband and will be going to CN for the fifth time in March. I usually wear a cute cocktail dress every evening. I like to go to the sales after new years. I can pick up a new dress for a very good price!!
    One Love,
    Mya

almost40,
    what are your dates in july? we will be there 7/8th-16th. i wear dresses that i wouldn't usually wear at home. most are short and low cut.(i'm almost 50) my husband loves them.

I wore sexy cocktail dresses my hubby picked out! I don't go to clubs at home, I couldn't wait to wear them at CSS. My hubby bought me 2 new bikinis for the trip too (I picked out 1 & he picked the other). I won't wear them anywhere but my backyard at home. lol It was so fun being together & being sexy! Have fun! We celebrated our 26th anniversary at CSS in Dec.

You don't have to wear a dress to dinner do you? I'm not the "dress" person. Can I wear a really nice pants suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    My husband is the last person to make the judgement call, he really likes short skirts and low tops on me...!
    Marnies - I think our hubbies are twins seperated at birth!! :-)

Kathy
    HodagsInNebraska
    CSS - Jan 27-Feb 5

OMG Kathy, you mean there are TWO of them? I swear he loses all perspective when we are down there. Muat be the sun...

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglelvr View Post
    Can I wear a really nice pants suit?
    ....Yes. Bur for most of the restaurants, Dress as if you were going on a nice date.

Acranger? We've been married sooooo long I forget what a date is!

Acranger? We've been married sooooo long I forget what a date is!
    ....We're mid 60s, and still do date nights. Couples will be just what you need.

hi acranger;
    We are heading to CSA and CSS tomorrow morning. This is our 3rd Couples vacation so I know exactly what you mean!

Dressing for a date doesn't mean necessarily dressing to the nines. A skirt and a scoop neck top, a strapless poofy dress, stiletto heels, dress shorts (about mid thigh) and sparkly tank top. There's tons of ways to do it and don't worry about that. Basically, if I see a cute outfit on the red carpet, I'll tailor it to fit into my style and rock the look!
    Last edited by firebrand3; January 12th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Yes yes yes! My hubby and I went to CN for the first time a few weeks ago...and I was perfectly in the norm wearing all my cute new sundresses in the evenings. My hubby would wear a pair of khaki shorts and a Tommy Bahama shirt or the like. You have to dress semi-formal for Otaheite. It's amazing...have fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firebrand3 View Post
    Dressing for a date doesn't mean necessarily dressing to the nines. A skirt and a scoop neck top, a strapless poofy dress, stiletto heels, dress shorts (about mid thigh) and sparkly tank top. There's tons of ways to do it and don't worry about that. Basically, if I see a cute outfit on the red carpet, I'll tailor it to fit into my style and rock the look!
    ....Exactly. Something that YOU feel looks good.

hi acranger;
    We are heading to CSA and CSS tomorrow morning. This is our 3rd Couples vacation so I know exactly what you mean!
    .....Keep us in your thoughts. It's 19 degrees where we live.

:~(

Thanks so much for your kind words. So we have already bought a few dresses and if I can say, most will probably say, "Oh My", but you only live once. Can't wait.

We will be there July 5th-11th.

Eaglelvr - No you don't have to wear a dress ... I am not much on dresses either & usually wear nice capris or shorts (depending on the restaurant) & a nice top ... I always take 4 -5 summer dresses & may wear 1 of them for the repeaters dinner if we decide to go. It sounds like a good idea to dress up for dinner until the time comes & then I'm tired from a long day in the sun ... LOL Nice pants are more than fine.
    Julie

Maxernie,

I am have a very difficult time figuring out what to wear to supper every night. See I am a redneck cowgirl from the north eastern plains of Colorado. My dressing for a date with my husband or going out is a new pair of "Wranglers", a western shirt, and my BOOTS! I really don't think that is going to fly in Jamaica. I am not even the shorts type. I had to go out and purchase shorts and such especially for the trip. Plus, I have never even had a pair of capris on in my life.

Just know that it was me if you hear funny stories of a chic dressed totally inappropriatly, or hear about a cowgirl appearing at one of the restaurants on the message board in about 2 weeks.

-Dawn and James
    (4 more days til we find out our SR Resort)
    (11 more days til Jamaica)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast