Default Hey Michiganders!

As I was driving through the snowy Michingan roads last week (missing CN!!!), I noticed that Lansing's Capitol Airport now offers a direct flight to Montego Bay.

In my opinion, that's totally sweet. We flew out of Flint last time and had this huge layover in Atlanta. It'll be Lansing from here on out!

Double check with the airport. I saw the same sign & checked about changing our flights. It was not a direct flight to MoBay, there was still a layover, or at least in Nov. there was.

Good Info...I'll check it out...we usually use Flint if possible but Lansing would be a good option!

We are flying Lansing to MBJ January 30. A 4 hour flight - no layover. Should be great!

Do you happen to know which airline it was through?

The direct flight is on Sun Country Air. The charters to Jamaica are on Sundays.

Which airline and are there specific days of the week it flys?

For those in the Metro Detroit area, Delta offers nonstop service on Saturday. I believe, December through the end of April. They just posted the nonstops flights for December 2011

That has been a huge deal here in Lansing. However it's only a temporary deal. Sun Country's direct flight from LAN to MBJ only runs until May. Unfortunately we won't be able to take advantage of this since we just went in October.

I just checked, they are still flying. We are from Lansing and I just booked roundtip for two in April from Detroit to Montego bay for $703 total. The Sun County flights from lansing are only on sundays and round trip for two during the same period was over $800 each or $1,700.00 Not worth it. take care.

Good info all around. We are routing through Orlando this time as my wife to be wants to stop at Universal Studios on the way back. (I keep telling her she is going to regret this decision of not staying at CSS a few extra days.) But this is good to know for our next trip. Thanks
    Bryan