Default Romance Rewards $100.00 rebate

Rumor has it that the Passionate Love rewards are changing from $100.00 rebate and a One Category upgrade (upon availabilty) to a $200.00 resort credit. Is it true? I think it is a great idea but I am sure there are those who would disagree. It will prevent anyone from getting upset if the upgrade is not available. For those of us who go to Couple during the high season the upgrade is rarely an option. We always book the room category that we want. We are arriving at CSA on Feb. 5 and I would love to plan how I am going to spend the $200.00 if this rumor is true.

Randy had posted a while back that if you were at Passionate Love level and had booked by the 12th Nov. for 2011 (7 days or more, I think), that you would have the resort credits waiting for you.

I'm sure someone will clarify. Also we still haven't received our check from our CTI visit in October. Any Sugestions on who to contact, Randy or Sean?

I think the $200 resort credit is a great idea. Our recent trip was the first time we were eligible for the $100 rebate check. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to give it to you when you check out, but we didn't get one. I have read about this happening to other people & I'm not really upset about it, but having the resort credit is definitely more of a sure thing.

I'm at the passionate level and never been upgraded in 4 trips. I'm all for the resort credits

I thought it was a credit for a future visit which sounded like a bit of a downgrade to me but maybe I was misunderstanding things.

From an earlier message, the management is considering a $200.00 resort credit to spend on your next visit to Couples instead of the $100.00 check and room upgrade (if available). While it is supposedly in the works, I haven't read any updates yet.

You won't receive the $200 credit this trip. From a September 1, 2010, post by Randymon:

"[T]here will be a couple of changes to the Passionate Love level - as soon as the automation is worked out.

"Rather than the one category upgrade that is seldom available and issuing a $100 check for Passionate Love members staying at least 7 nights, we will be adding $200 resort credit to your account for your next stay.

"That is, you stay 7 nights this time and next time you have $200 to spend at the resort.

"We anticipate a January 1[, 2011,] launch, however, I will let everyone know if there is an earlier date."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I have been a repeater 9 times in spring, fall and winter and have never gotten an upgrade. I would much prefer a $200 credit.

I am disappointed that the credit would be for our next trip. All the other rewards for Passionate Love are for our upcoming trip so why should the credit be any different?? I think that rewarding your repeat customers is a great system but making us wait until our next trip really takes away from the benefit. Please reconsider. Thanks

Mainegirl

Quote Originally Posted by kgillespie View Post
    I am disappointed that the credit would be for our next trip. All the other rewards for Passionate Love are for our upcoming trip so why should the credit be any different?? I think that rewarding your repeat customers is a great system but making us wait until our next trip really takes away from the benefit. Please reconsider. Thanks

Mainegirl
    I completely agree with you Mainegirl. We are 5 time repeaters, and would be very disappointed if we had to wait until our next trip for the benefit. We've already had to give up our reward benefits once when they turned our days visited into points....
    Please reconsider!! Thank you!

I have never been one to complain about anything that Couples has to offer but I agree that it would definitely be a downgrade.

Mainegirl

I agree with Maingirl. If what is being said is true, after 40 nights at a Couples resort we will get nothing for our next visit. Not sure that makes sense but we will see what clarification comes out.

I agree with Mainegirl. $200 on our NEXT trip?? We are already at passionate level! The credit should be for that time. It is like it takes one more trip to get to this level. I don't like it

I will be announcing our plans for Romance Rewards next week. In the meantime, please understand that the only REAL way for us to identify you as repeat guests prior to your arrival is for you to complete the Romance Rewards pre-checkin form. IF you are at Passionate Level AND you're staying for 7 nights or longer AND you complete the pre-checkin form... SO - IF, AND, and AND..., only then will the $200 resort credit be added to your account upon arrival.

Couples Resorts

Randy,

Is this effective now, or when you announce it next week? We ARE at Passionate Level AND staying 14 nights AND we completed the pre-checkin form AND we arrive January 2. Will this apply to us?

Thanks, Wally
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Oy. I think I have seen this movie before.

Perks are nice, but $100 on a $4k vacation is hardly a deal breaker for us.

But that's just me and my 2 cents worth.

Good luck with the future programs Randy, hope you manage to please most folks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    IF you are at Passionate Level AND you're staying for 7 nights or longer AND you complete the pre-checkin form... SO - IF, AND, and AND..., only then will the $200 resort credit be added to your account upon arrival.
    I assume it will be clarified when the new program is annouced, but please don't leave us who can't go 7 days due to work and family obligations out. I understand people staying longer deserve more rewards, but this will be our 6th trip, and it'd be hard to believe we'll be treated as newbies under the repeaters program...

Hi Randy;

Don't worry, we will ALL follow the instructions to the letter!
    10 more sleeps to CSA!!!!!

We would come back even without the romance rewards.
    I'm guessing we still get the repeaters dinner?
    Trip #8 CN May 2011.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    I will be announcing our plans for Romance Rewards next week. In the meantime, please understand that the only REAL way for us to identify you as repeat guests prior to your arrival is for you to complete the Romance Rewards pre-checkin form. IF you are at Passionate Level AND you're staying for 7 nights or longer AND you complete the pre-checkin form... SO - IF, AND, and AND..., only then will the $200 resort credit be added to your account upon arrival.
    Randy:

Thanks for the sneak peek.

In your announcement, could you please be sure to specify if this change will be effective for BOOKINGS placed after the effective date or for TRAVEL DATES after the effective date. Personally, I hope it is for TRAVEL DATES after the effective date, but who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth. Any repeaters perks are just icing on a very delicious cake any way.

Thanks for everything.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I will continue to return to Couples no matter what. It would be nice if they treated their repeaters a little nicer however

I should wait for next week when the plan is posted but if I am understanding this correctly then when we go back in December 2011 we will have a $500 early booking credit, plus $200 credit for being at the Passionate level(in leiu of the $100 check) and the $75. for being the passionate repeater, so we will have $775 to spend at CN. Am I correct?

We are here at CSS right now, and they have not yet implemented the new program. According to Sean, it won't be in place until Feb 14th. We DID receive our welcome packet upon arrival as well as the $100 rebate check. No upgrade, but we wouldn't want one anyway.

V
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Randymon,
    I am not at all complaining here but, I did fill out the romance rewards pre checkin for our last visit this past Dec. as asked 4 days prior to arrival and still needed to request our romance rewards I requested and also for our $500 resort credits which I recieved at booking. There were no problems getting any of these but it was just the fact as your saying if you sign up on the pre check in it's credited to your account, will we have to request it at our next visit?
    Thanks!

I am a passionate rewards member and can say I think I have received an upgrade every time, and at all 4 resorts at different times of the year. Maybe i'm lucky. I'm leaving on the 15th and did the precheck-in. We will see how it works out.