Default CSA Beachfront Suite Balcony

We have reserved a beachfront suite at CSA for our November 2011 trip because of the huge wrap around balcony. I'm disappointed to learn that not all beachfront suites have this balcony; some are much smaller. Is it best to take a chance - or should we consider requesting an upgrade to a BFVS? Considering what we paid for this room category, I'd be upset if we are assigned to one of the smaller suites. Any advice?

Jan

We have always booked the Beachfront Verandah Suite rooms at CSA (the newer section). Every trip, Bob sighs wistfully at the beachfront suite rooms with the wraparound balconies/terraces. So I made the switch and have reserved a BFS room for January. My plan is to request a room with the wraparound balcony upon check-in. That's all I can do. Will I be disappointed if we don't get one? Yeah, probably, but I've read that the ones without the large balconies have larger seating areas inside. I do wish they would make the BFS rooms with the wraparound balconies a separate room category.

We stayed in a BFVS in January 2010, and have requested a BFS for our trip at the end of January in 2011. We thought the larger porch looked great, and perhaps more comfortable then the BFVS.

That said, if we were to stay in a BFVS again, we would love it -- we LOVED being on the first floor, literally steps away from the beach! The only possible downside we saw to a 1st floor BFVS was that we didn't feel comfortable leaving our doors open at night to listen to the ocean -- partly because of ongoing foot traffic and related noise, and partly because it didn't feel quite safe. I'm sure there wouldn't have been a problem safety-wise, but we just didn't do it.

This time, we're hoping for an upper floor so we can leave the doors open, and hopefully the larger porch with more comfy furniture so we can spend more time there. But again, we spent most of our awake time on the beach anyway, so it won't matter.

T-30 days --- CSA, here we come!

We were lucky to get one of the BFSs the first three year that had the large verandahs. You can only request these rooms during check in. There are only a couple of the buildings that have the larger verandahs. Our room was in the middle of the resort and had a spectacular view of the ocean and the open garden in the middle of the resort.

We prefer the "older" section.

Life is good

If you're going to be disappointed if you don't get a room with the wraparound porch, then please do yourself the favor of going with another room type. No need to set yourself up for disappointment, as there are a very limited number of these rooms available.

That being said, we were upgraded from a GVS to one of these FABULOUS rooms last year....the couple in the room hated it and wanted a TV, so the front desk asked us if we were interested....ummmm it took us all of 6 seconds to say yes (my bf had to pick me up off the floor first)!! If you're OK with no TV, these are definitely the most fabulous rooms on resort (in our opinion)....we felt like ROCK STARS!! We know that lightning only strikes once, so we're not planning on this happening again, but I can testify that these rooms are truly awesome!!

Default Bfs

(Sigh) Well this really bummed me out when I got there. I didnt know in 2009 that they are different. Got there and our BFS was first floor right next to bar, so we heard alot of traffic noise, so then they moved us and I was disappointed cause the room you really couldnt even see ocean and the balcony wasnt really nice, SOO of course I went BACK to front desk and probably if I remember CRIED HAHAHA and they said somebody was leaving the next day from the wrap around porch, SOOO the next day they moved us. All I can say is thank goodness, that made my trip, it was an incredible room and second floor also. So they do try to fix the problem if you do not like your room. I liked the BFVS but I like the older area so, that is why we picked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    We have reserved a beachfront suite at CSA for our November 2011 trip because of the huge wrap around balcony. I'm disappointed to learn that not all beachfront suites have this balcony; some are much smaller. Is it best to take a chance - or should we consider requesting an upgrade to a BFVS? Considering what we paid for this room category, I'd be upset if we are assigned to one of the smaller suites. Any advice?

Jan
    The BFVS has an even smaller balcony so I would not do that. Plus you might get an interior room so you would not have the windows and privacy that you would get in a BFS. To me the new section is a serious downgrade so I would never want to switch. You might end up with the normal balcony or you might get lucky. Either way, I feel like the whole BFS room is so much better than a BFVS.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    I do wish they would make the BFS rooms with the wraparound balconies a separate room category.
    That's what I have been thinking too.

Just think of the big balcony rooms as the exception and plan on getting a normal size balcony. That's what I did.