Default Please help with a CSA faq

I know this question gets thrown on the board a lot, and I've tried to take notes as our honeymoon approaches but I don't know what I've done with them!

We have booked a garden verandah suite at CSA. Please give me some tips on how to request a specific room. First, are the desk clerks typically able to accommodate those types of requests?

I know bottom floors offer less privacy, but do you feel restricted in the balconies in the second & third floors?

I've seen people mention that certain rooms or buildings have a slight beach view. Which room(s)?

Are there any first floor rooms that don't get any foot traffic?

THANKS!!!

Can't answer any of your questions other then the first, as rooms are assigned at check in, that is the time to ask for a specific room or building. If they can accomadate you they will be very happy to.

Bubblesk633

Please give me some tips on how to request a specific room.
    Since there is no way to request a certain room in advance the only option you have is to request it once you have arrived at the resort. If and I stress IF it is available you could possibly get it. There are no guarantees.

Anyone else have any input? Greatly appreciated

Default Room Request

I disagree that you couldn't/shouldn't request the rooms in advance. When we went last November with our group they had already assigned our rooms when we arrived. One of our group sent an email requesting floors and although they had 2 of us switched, they honored what they had down as our requests. If we had waited until we got there it would have either delayed while they switched things or they would have already assigned all of the rooms and we wouldn't have been able to get what we wanted. Outside of our group of 7 couples there were probably 8 other couples checking in at the same time as us. If you are checking in with a big group like that they are going to have to assign rooms prior to your arrival to keep the flow moving nicely. So, either ask your travel agent to send the request, or send an email to one of the contacts at CSA listed on the website. There is of course no guarantee you will get what you are looking for, but it is worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Can't answer any of your questions other then the first, as rooms are assigned at check in, that is the time to ask for a specific room or building. If they can accomadate you they will be very happy to.

Sorry, I also disagree with this information. Our rooms have been assigned to us prior to our arrival. Maybe it's a Repeater's perk, as we usually get the same room each year or one very close to it.
    That doens't meant that you can't CHANGE the room upon check-in, but requesting it in your Reservation is really useful.

I agree with Kittchwaugh. We request a certain location of room thru our travel agent and when we got off the bus from the airport, our room had already been assigned we got what we requested. If you used a travel agent, then email them for a specific request. If not, then either call or email and have someone include it with your reservation.

As another poster mentioned....it is only a request, so don't expect it or you'll be disappointed if you don't get it.

Good luck! I love CSA.

My husband and I love the top floors at CN. We try a different building each year! There are no bad rooms.

One Love,
    Mya

so- if you can request a room beforehand (everyone keeps saying we cant) what GVS would you recommend that is on the 3rd floor and a corner room? We'll try to reserve ahead of time!

Thanks for the spirited input, I greatly appreciate it.

Back to part of my original question -- can anyone give guidance as to what floor, or a specific room number, to request at CSA's garden verandah suites? And why?

4 weeks from today!!!

Default Suggestions

Okay, keep in mind that this is only MY opinion. For our next trip I requested room 3301. I wanted 3rd floor, corner room for the privacy and I like the looks of the slats above the bed. Our previous room was 3102 and I liked the view so I picked the 3rd floor corner room closest to this room. If you figure that there are 4 3rd floor rooms per building then the 3rd floor corners would be 3301, 3304, 3305, 3308, 3309, 3312, 3313, and 3316. 3301 is closest to the center of the resort and 3316 would be closest to the Greathouse. I am assuming after 3308 that they continue on the same numbering system. All of our group stayed in the first 2 buildings so I am not 100% positive on the numbering system for the next 2 buildings.