Thread: CSS Review

Default CSS Review

We just got back from our honeymoon spent at CSS 10-11 through 10-17 and alreay want to go back.

From the time we got to the lounge in the airport we really were pampered. One of the only things I wish were better was the lounge at the airport. It was comfortable...but I think all they had to drink was beer and water. There was no food or snacks available...which would have been nice after a long flight. But we only had to wait there about 20 mins before our shuttle left for the resort. The ride to CSS took about an hour and a half...and the driver was great by describing alot of the things you pass on the way.

When we got to the resort our check in was a breeze...they deliverd our bags to our room and our relaxation began. The room was nice and clean. We stayed in D-1. We were booked for a one bedroom ocean suit and were discouraged by the view. We coundnt see the ocean from our balcony, which was nowhere near the size that the panoramic view led us to believe we were getting. Our view was basically trees and another building...but didnt bother asking for different accomodations. I know they probably would have changed us if we wanted...but we were tired and just wanted to relax. Our room was nicely accomodated, and looked just like they advetise.

We ate most of our meals at the Palazzina for breakfast and lunch, which is buffett style. Lots of food...with very courteous staff. The quality of food was off the friggin charts. I swear, I gained 10 lbs in a week and it was from eating like a king! Lots of healthy choices too with fresh fruits and salads...but the deserts are too good to turn down. For dinner tuesday and friday we ate at the beach party/gala and was not disappointed. And two of our meals were at Cassanova...and these were off the charts! I mean, really...I was almost suprised that meals of that quality were included for free!

The finest meal of my life I ate Wednesday night at Cassanova. Wednesday is Lobster Night...and the meal was perfect. 4 or 5 courses, served in superb candle lit enviornment by waiters that could work in any 5 star restaurant. If you are at CSS on a wednesday, you MUST make reservations for dinner at cassanova..it will be one of the finest meals of your life.

We werent terribly impressed with the beach...but it is exactly what we thought it would be. There was plenty of shade available with trees and some umbrellas available. We spent most of our time in the sun at the pool by the spa. It was less crowded and has a juice bar right there with a stunning view of the ocean at dusk.

One of the other things we liked about the place so much is the immaculate condition of the grounds. Beautifully manicured lawns, flowers, and natural trees and bushes are everywhere. Within all this..you find tons of little spots with hammocks, benches to sit on and private areas. We made it a ritual to eat a big lunch and then find a hammock and take a nap together. It was awesome!

As far as activities go...we went to the Dunn falls, went on a sailboat ride, and went out on the glass bottom boat ride. We also had 2 couples massages that were 55 minutes and were the 2 best hours spent at CSS. Simone and Marsha were our masseuses and were exceptional!

We love this place. We were pampered from the minute we got there, and stayed that way until we left. We cant wait to go again

Sean & Sakinna,
    We are true believers in CSS. We have been 5 times and going for the 6th in a row this coming July. It has always been just the two of us, but we have spoken so highly of CSS after our trip to our friends,4 other couples are going to join us this time. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves.
    "Once you go...you know"
    Steve & Victoria

Default Couples san souci

Hi Sean & Sakinna,
    Ken & Karen from Winnipeg, Canada
    Planning to go to css in March for my birthday
    Your post is very informative and the resort sounds awesome.
    The different websites differ with regard to the inclusions.
    Could you please list what may be included. The catamarran , massages and horse back excursion are listed on some but not all.
    Could you clarify.and any other info would be great.
    Thanks and happy new year
    Ken

As per the Couples site, all resorts include the following:
    Beachfront locations
    No taxes, tips or other hotel fees (and they mean NO tipping!!)
    Exclusive "Couples Resorts" airport arrival lounge - with refreshing beverage and restrooms
    Round trip transfers to and from Montego Bay airport
    Unlimited Golf greens fees and transportation (cart and caddy not included) (bring your own clubs and save $$)
    Scuba resort course and one dive
    Watersports and activities such as scuba, snorkeling, windsurfing, hobie cat sailing, waterskiing, glass bottom boat, pool volleyball
    Swim-up pool bars
    Gourmet dining and no surcharges, featuring lobster night (July 1 - March 31)
    Premium brand liquors
    Fitness classes and tennis instruction and equipment
    Shopping shuttle
    Trip to Margaritaville
    Wifi and Internet cafes
    Day and evening activities - like crafts, cooking and dance classes
    Evening entertainment - from local new and well-known talent
    Caribbean decor rooms with air conditioning, ipod docking stations, nightly turn down service and safety deposit box
    Honeymoon gift featuring sparkling wine and 30 minute his/hers massage
    CSS includes:
    Dunn's River Falls Excursion
    Starlight Gala evening event of dining and entertainment
    4 restaurants to choose from - fine dining to beach grill
    In room dining available daily 6am - 11pm
    6 bars (including swim-up pool bar and piano bar)
    Stocked mini bar in all rooms (beer, sodas, and juices, replenished daily)
    Separate au natural sunbathing beach section
    Send me an email if you like for great pricing from Canada! hslater@travelonly.com
    We are going Feb 4-18! First time to Couples and Jamaica!!

Thanks for the info sounds like you had a excellent time. Just 3 week to go until we get to experience the awesomeness.

I enjoyed walking by the massage huts. The smell of the cedar was so nice. I think all the walking & the stairs helped me keep off the weight from the great food. The desserts were fabulous! I loved the pasta bar. CSS really is beautiful. It was our first time there in Dec for our 26th anniv. I can't wait to go back. It was a dream!

We are going to CSS in 5 weeks - Yay! This is our first trip to Couples and Jamaica. These reviews get me even more excited, if that's possible. Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanandSakinna View Post
    We just got back from our honeymoon spent at CSS 10-11 through 10-17 and already want to go back.
    ....Looks like you were there part of the time we were. You can see our writeup and pics at the linc below;

http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=10561