Default Glasses I had made for my husband

A local woman makes sandblasted glasses as a home business. I had her make these glasses for my husband to celebrate our upcoming trip to CTI.

photo-3 by Amy Maua, on Flickr

That is great! I love it. That is something I would do. We are heading to CTI - 8 of us in January and we have shirts and bags that were made for the trip! "Couplicious Vacation, Jamaica 2011".

Wow really nice! I would love to do the same. I'll have to source out the Couples Logo "Twisted Palm" though.

Randy would couples ever consider something like this? I'm sure you have something in you gift shop but would be nice to be able to bring down or purchase the glassware and then have a 'sandblast artist' add the logo and possibly dates and hotel name. Having you do it would help to prevent any trademark / logo infringement. Course it would also help in the local economy!
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

Cool! Any chance of her selling them w/shipping included? Other types of glasses as well? I would prefer either drinking glasses, shot glasses or the margarita type.

Love them.
    Kim

Love, love, love these glasses!! Thanks for sharing, Kim Robinson

Default glasses

Do you have information on how to contact the lady when at CTI?

Love these! Is she on ebay?
    Please contact me w/ info at thetexans at juno dot com...ty!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

so cool amy!!!! how much did that cost?? Would she be willing to ship them out?

beautiful! Enjoy your vacation!

Hello, what a thoughtful gift!!! Have fun at CTI!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Looks great, I'm sure there is a trademark infringement here. Probably not a big deal for a one off gift, but if everybody on the board starts wanting her to make them I can see Couples legal dept contacting her also.

I'm sure she'd be able to make and ship them out, but as posted above, I'd hate to have any sort of copyright infringement problems, by having them mass produced. If it turns out that it's fine, I'd be happy to give you all her number.

I'm sad, I've already broken on. Also, I think I should have gotten shot glasses so I could bring them along on our trip.

Jan 9 - 16!! Almost there!

It isn't the mass production that results in infringement. Copyright and trademark infringement has already occurred b/c you contracted for the unauthorized reproduction of a work (the Couples logo) that is subject to copyright and trademark protection.

Couples hasn't said much on this MB to discourage guests from infringing upon its intellectual property rights, but I imagine that if an artist began mass producing items bearing the Couples logo, he or she would find himself or herself a defendant in a copyright/trademark infringement lawsuit and be subject to a cease and desist order.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I'd be up for at least a half dozen shot glasses / cordial, hiball, collins glasses each. Really well done Amy. Hoping something can be worked out. Your artist isn't in Ontario, is she?
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    It isn't the mass production that results in infringement. Copyright and trademark infringement has already occurred b/c you contracted for the unauthorized reproduction of a work (the Couples logo) that is subject to copyright and trademark protection.

Couples hasn't said much on this MB to discourage guests from infringing upon its intellectual property rights, but I imagine that if an artist began mass producing items bearing the Couples logo, he or she would find himself or herself a defendant in a copyright/trademark infringement lawsuit and be subject to a cease and desist order.
    Exactly why I'm not giving her name out on a public forum. And, yes, I realize that the logo has been used. But it was one (since I broke the other one) glass. I'm sure no one is going to come knocking down our door. Couples isn't Disney.