Default What can I charge to my room?

We have a $500 resort credit. I would love to know what I can charge to my room and what if anything I can sign up for before we get there. It is our 5 year anniversary. Our honeymoon way back when has some dips to it. Therefore, I would love to surprise him with some extras when we get to Jamaica! Any help is greatly appreciated.

2nd honeymoon 06/09/10-06/18/10

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    The $500 resort credit for 2011 travel may be used to purchase anything you are able to charge to your room, including:

Spa treatments, telephone calls, upgraded wines, gift shop, optional excursions through our tour desk, photographs from our photo concession, private dinners, romance packages.
    I think this covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxnation View Post
    ...gift shop...
    I realize the quote is from the CRO but will note that at CN the woman at the shop downstairs would NOT let me charge purchase of newspapers to our room.
    I'm not clear on what the issue is/was or if there are other items that are not chargeable.

Perhaps there is a distinction between that shop (it is really more of a "sundry" shop) and the 2 "gift" shops upstairs.

We are at CN now and also have the $500 resort credit. We were not able to charge optional excursions to our room. We were required to use a credit card.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We were at CSA this past Dec 2010 with the $500 resort credits. They broke it down into $350 spa credits and $150 gift shop credits. No one ever said we could have used them for our pictures or anything else, it was specificly stated on the paper reciept what it had to be used for. Maybe the 2011 credits are different, I hope so!

I believe this has changed now since he also said we cannot use it for anything from outside vendors. Someone just said they charged their photos to their room like he said and then they were not allowed to use the credit for it. Supposedly we were able to use it for scuba certifications which is what we planned on doing but who knows now that it seems to be changing. If there is something specific you want to use it for I would get it in writing before you go.

Default Scuba Certification

Can I use the $500 resort credit towards scuba diving certification?

I had the resort credit and was there January 2nd. I could not charge the dolphin cove excursion to my room. My husband could charge cigars though that were from a vendor that was on couples property during a cocktail party. Besides that what Randymon said is correct. We spent $517! Massages, pedicure, gift shop where I bought a sarong, my husband some swim trunks, coffee, a map of Jamaica, we charged the professtional photographs, cigars and calls home from our room ($1/minute from your room).

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    I realize the quote is from the CRO but will note that at CN the woman at the shop downstairs would NOT let me charge purchase of newspapers to our room.
    I'm not clear on what the issue is/was or if there are other items that are not chargeable.

Perhaps there is a distinction between that shop (it is really more of a "sundry" shop) and the 2 "gift" shops upstairs.
    I didn't know about newspapers but stamps are also not chargeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzygirl View Post
    Can I use the $500 resort credit towards scuba diving certification?
    I worry about that. Prior to this week the deal was specifically "anything you can charge to your room" but it seems to have changed because now some things that are able to be charged to your room are not covered. I worry about this specifically because some of that money goes to PADI, not just the resort. I would call or email someone and get it in writing because that could be a large expense that you were not expecting at the end of the trip. Same with the photos that now seem to not be included. If someone charges their wedding photos to their room it could use the whole credit. That would be a real shock at the end of the trip!

RandyMon: Could we please have some clarification on the $500 ~2011 room credit including:
    ~ excursions
    ~Scuba diving certification or extra dives.

Like a few people we took advantage of this early booking promotion hoping to use it towards my husband getting his diver certification. Some clarification on this would be greatly appreciated