Default so i can't wear heels at my beach wedding?!

I'm pretty short - 5'1, and I love wearing heels, I really dont want to dumb my gorgeous dress down with flip flops. Has anyone worn heels at a beach wedding? Is it just ridiculous?

I think your heels will sink into the sand, but I have read other brides wearing wedges at least that will give you a flat service and the height that you need!

forgot to mention that I am short as well 5'3" but my FI is 6'2', I plan on wearing barefoot sandals for the ceremony.

I'm also short: 5'3" and my fiancee is 6'4". I walk around in sky high heels all the time, but for this event, I'm wearing sparkly barefoot sandals. Heels will sink into the sand, but I guess wedges could work.

I know how you feel DLS!!! I really love high heels, but I am really looking forward to our beach wedding and I know they won't work in the sand
    I'm gonna find some dressy wedge sandals or cute espadrilles.

I'm 5'3" my husband is 5'7, I wear heels for most formal occassions. I wore heels on our day and the heel kept getting stuck in between the platform on the deck and the island. My heels were off by the time the reception started, lol! I would suggest having your emergency flats in tow. Maybe your mom or a guest could hold them in a bag or something, just in case. I would also suggest emergency flats for the elements. If the sand is too wet or it starts to rain, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gdstravel View Post
    I'm 5'3" my husband is 5'7, I wear heels for most formal occassions. I wore heels on our day and the heel kept getting stuck in between the platform on the deck and the island. My heels were off by the time the reception started, lol! I would suggest having your emergency flats in tow. Maybe your mom or a guest could hold them in a bag or something, just in case. I would also suggest emergency flats for the elements. If the sand is too wet or it starts to rain, etc.
    good idea about having emergency flats incase it rains I nnever thought of that Thanks!

You can wear them but they aren't going to add any height since they will sink. You will be on the dry part of the beach (unless it rains/rained) so it won't wreck your shoes but it will be uncomfortable. You probably won't even be able to see your shoes if your dress is long and fitted for wearing heals.

My husband and I got married last June at CN. I was barefoot, but I can tell you that at the altar they had a piece of plywood covered with sand so you don't sink. You could probably wear heels...would recommend wedge heels though. Good luck!

They make these things called sole mates that you can put on your heel so u won't sink. Solemates.com.