Default Catamaran Cruise at CSS

Can anyone tell me why there isn't a cat cruise at CSS but there is at CTI?

I think its too rocky.

I have read that it is because there is no easy access for boarding as there is a reef just offshore, would be great to go on one though, we are there the 4th-18th of Feb. and would love a good day long cat cruise!

The included cat cruise at CTI is only a couple of hours ar so. It is because of the reef that they do not run it out of CSS.

Becuase the reef is so close to shore, there is no way to bring a cat close enough for boarding.

That is something I always look forward to at CSA. I love seeing the shore and a little more of the island when we are on the boat. It's too bad they can't find a way to do one at CSS. We plan on going there next and I would love to see some of that side of the island from the catamaran cruise.

Do people snorkel at the reef by the shore? That's another thing we love to do and it would be fun to swim out there during our free time if it is accessible.

Is there a Cat. cruise available in the area of CSS available for purchase?
    We are there 4-18 of Feb. and would love to go on one!

Hi Melody - they technically don't want you swimming outside of the roped in area at CSS, since they do have small power boats, kayaks, and sailboats that use the area in between the roped off area and the reef. Having said that, since we have our own snorkel gear, we did try to snorkel outside the roped off area, but hugging the cliffs area. There are lots of fish that hang out near the cliffs, and there is a lot of beautiful coral near Charlie's grotto. However, the bottom is murky, and if there is any wave action, it will stir up the silt on the bottom and make it impossible to see anything close to shore. We were there for 10 days, and we could only see well enough to snorkel close to shore on 2 of those 10 days.

If you have your heart set on a cat cruise, the concierge at CSS will find one for you for an extra fee. The watersports guys also offer a "champagne sunset cruise" on one of the small sailboats - it's just you and your SO and the captain. This would be a nice way to see the coast. When we were there in 2009, I believe the cost was $100.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    Hi Melody - they technically don't want you swimming outside of the roped in area at CSS, since they do have small power boats, kayaks, and sailboats that use the area in between the roped off area and the reef. Having said that, since we have our own snorkel gear, we did try to snorkel outside the roped off area, but hugging the cliffs area. There are lots of fish that hang out near the cliffs, and there is a lot of beautiful coral near Charlie's grotto. However, the bottom is murky, and if there is any wave action, it will stir up the silt on the bottom and make it impossible to see anything close to shore. We were there for 10 days, and we could only see well enough to snorkel close to shore on 2 of those 10 days.

If you have your heart set on a cat cruise, the concierge at CSS will find one for you for an extra fee. The watersports guys also offer a "champagne sunset cruise" on one of the small sailboats - it's just you and your SO and the captain. This would be a nice way to see the coast. When we were there in 2009, I believe the cost was $100.
    Thanks for all that info! I had wondered about an outside company doing a cat cruise in the area. I wonder what the cost would be for that. The sailboat sounds nice though.