Thread: golfing at CTI

Default golfing at CTI

We will be at CTI in Sept. does anyone the cost for golf. Thanks Brian

The course and transfers are included but there is a mandatory charge for caddies and also a charge for buggies and club loan if you need them. I think the caddy charge is @ $30 US, buggies @ $40. I am pretty sure the information is on the website.

Yep! Here you go - I copied this from the FAQ section of the website.

At Couples Resorts green fees and transfers are included. The day before, Guest Relations will issue your voucher. Bus departs around 8 am and 1 pm (please reconfirm). Please Note: In Jamaica caddies are mandatory and tipping is customary.

Couples Tower Isle & Couples Sans Souci:
    Upton Golf and Country Club

Upton Golf and Country Club in Oho Rios, Jamaica, is a formidable test characterized by narrow fairways and minuscule, drop-off greens. A par-71 18-hole layout measuring 6502 yards, it stretches out over a verdant, rolling landscape with sweeping views of sparkling sea and mountains cloaked in dense vegetation.

While there are no major forced carries and few fairways bunkers, precision is key; ten holes are flanked by out-of-bounds stakes. Particularly vexing is the unassuming-looking par-3 13th hole on the course, but it packs a wallop with its treacherously shallow green fronted by a steep slope and backed by a hidden bunker. .

Caddies are mandatory
    US$17.00 per caddy for 18 holes walking
    US$12.00 per caddy for 9 holes walking
    US$25.00 per caddy for 18 holes on shared cart
    US$17.00 per caddy for 9 holes on a shared cart
    As caddies are not Sandals employees,
    tips are accepted
    Yamaha carts are optional
    US$40.00 per cart for 18 holes
    US$25.00 for 9 holes
    Nike Club rentals are available
    $45.00 for 18 holes or $30.00 for 9 holes
    All rentals available in ladies and gents, left and right handed
    Nike Shoe rentals: US$16.00 (includes free pair of socks)

There is always a chance it could change, but at least you'll have an idea. Hope this helps!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Amy -- good information. I wonder if Couples copied the information from S, lol.

"As caddies are not S employees, tips are accepted "

Anyone else notice that?
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

Quote Originally Posted by UNLVmike View Post
    Amy -- good information. I wonder if Couples copied the information from S, lol.

"As caddies are not S employees, tips are accepted "

Anyone else notice that?
    LOL! That one got right past me - and apparently I'm not the only one! Although I'm pretty sure it's the S course, or at least used to be, so maybe it does sort of apply?
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Are these fees per person? I had read that it was $17 for two. The cart was $25 plus caddies fee. Total of $42 per couple/ is this correct?

Any idea what the usual Caddy tip range is?
    Always difficult knowing whether to look like a miser or a fool.

Then again "Diamond" Jim Brady once said something like "It is ok being a sucker if you can afford it."

We played at the Upton (S-resort owned) course 5 years ago and the fees haven't changed much from what I can see. The fees stated are per person except for the cart rental fee. The cart fee can be split if two people are riding, but you'll have to pay the whole fee if it's just one person. The course is very enjoyable but it's up in the hills so you'll get a nice workout walking it, which if you ask me is a good thing. It will also give you time to get to know your caddy. With the exercise you can afford to drink more Hummingbirds when you get back to CTI...MMMMM. The description says you get "sparkling sea views". I don't recall any of these views being up in the hills but memories do fade. As far as tipping goes, we tipped the caddy $20 for 18 holes and $10 for 9. If he's still there ask for Cowboy, he was a very good caddy and a blast to talk to. Don't feel bad if he gives you some swing advise like he gave me, he's got a nice swing. We let him tee off with us on one hole. He pulled his shot into the short rough..lol. Enjoy!!!!!

To clarify - it is NOT a S course. A few years ago, Couples use to have use of the S course but now it is the Upton Country Club - or some such name. Think it's near Runaway Bay. Not a bad course, but not very well maintained. Played in St Lucia last month and was a far superior course and excellently maintained. Upton could do with more water!!

Thanks.

Looking forward to it.

So this course is not the ex-Upton course that S now owns?
    Does anyone have a link (pun) to the course?

I have the link to the Upton Golf Course, but it's still via a S webpage, so I don't think it will post. Just Google Upton Golf Club. And the website says it used to be called Upton until S bought it. Hmmm...
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

OK, now I'm totally confused. The S-resort purchased the Upton Golf Course and Couples had an agreement to use the course. This was the information I got while at CTI back in 2003. Then supposedly Couples had a falling out with the S-resort and the golfing was moved to Runaway Bay. So what's the story? Is it back at the old Upton (S-resort) Course as this thread suggests or is it still at Runaway Bay?????

Quote Originally Posted by steveg52 View Post
    OK, now I'm totally confused. The S-resort purchased the Upton Golf Course and Couples had an agreement to use the course. This was the information I got while at CTI back in 2003. Then supposedly Couples had a falling out with the S-resort and the golfing was moved to Runaway Bay. So what's the story? Is it back at the old Upton (S-resort) Course as this thread suggests or is it still at Runaway Bay?????
    I was just wondering the same thing. Upton is an "S" course.
    Is it the same one they were using before they changed over to the Runaway Bay course?
    If so, I think it's a good thing to bring it back to a closer course.
    Travel Agent to the Stars!
    Oh, sorry, got carried away.
    But I am a Couples Preferred Agent.

CN 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011 CSS 2006, 2007 CSA 2007, 2011 CTI 2009

its at Runaway Bay

Upton Golf and Country Club is in Oho Rios, Jamaica it is used by CTI and CSS. It is 10 min from CTI. It is owned by "S" resort, but it is just a golf course. They purchased it in 1992.

Some History
    Couples did change to SC Golf Club at Runaway Bay in late 2007, because the rates jumped at Uptown. They must have came to an agreement in early 2009, so we are back to Upton Golf and Country Club is in Oho Rios.

Some place in the old message board Randy made a post about this.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    Upton Golf and Country Club is in Oho Rios, Jamaica it is used by CTI and CSS. It is 10 min from CTI. It is owned by "S" resort, but it is just a golf course. They purchased it in 1992.

Some History
    Couples did change to SC Golf Club at Runaway Bay in late 2007, because the rates jumped at Uptown. They must have came to an agreement in early 2009, so we are back to Upton Golf and Country Club is in Oho Rios.

Some place in the old message board Randy made a post about this.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Travel Agent to the Stars!
    Oh, sorry, got carried away.
    But I am a Couples Preferred Agent.

CN 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011 CSS 2006, 2007 CSA 2007, 2011 CTI 2009

This is awesome news because I read on the old board how a woman was treated badly for wearing a collarless shirt at Runaway Bay. Upton is a nice course and so close to CTI it doesn't eat up the whole day to play. We took our own clubs and played 18 one day and 9 another in a weeks stay and it seemed perfect. Like I said previously, walk and save the money for the tip and drinks for the caddy on the course. Unless you're really out of shape it's not that difficult. Walking you get to know the caddy and the course much better. Also you're on vacation, why rush from one shot to the next...<SMILE>! ENJOY!