Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Couples Negril AN Beach

Hello All. I will be staying at CN in July and can't wait as I loved CTI (was Couples Ocho Rios when I was there last). Great people and staff!!! Wanted to get candid feedback regarding "creeps" on the CN AN beach. My wife and I were at Grand Lido Negril (Breezes now) in January and had a bad experience with a couple chatting us up non-stop while the guy kept positioning his chair to look right at my wife's vagina. He wouldn't take his eyes off her even when his wife was talking! We politely tried to get them to leave us alone but they literally stalked us for 2 days. After a couple of drinks on the 2nd day I blew up at the guy and a staff member intervened before it escalated which was good but my wife is put off at the thought of another incident and wants to avoid the CN AN beach. I'm hoping this was a once in a lifetime incident as the forum posts seem to paint a tranquil picture! Anyone have any problems there?

We were on CN's AN beach for the first time last year. It was a first time experience for my wife and I so we didn't know what to expect. We experienced nothing like you experienced. Everyone was respectful of each other... there were no creeps. It was a very relaxing, enjoyable and liberating experience shared with some of the nicest people we've ever met.

That being said, there's no guarantee you won't run into some creep when you're there. Let's face it, it can happen anywhere. I hope it doesn't happen again for you and your wife... or anybody for that matter.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    Hello All. I will be staying at CN in July and can't wait as I loved CTI (was Couples Ocho Rios when I was there last). Great people and staff!!! Wanted to get candid feedback regarding "creeps" on the CN AN beach. My wife and I were at Grand Lido Negril (Breezes now) in January and had a bad experience with a couple chatting us up non-stop while the guy kept positioning his chair to look right at my wife's vagina. He wouldn't take his eyes off her even when his wife was talking! We politely tried to get them to leave us alone but they literally stalked us for 2 days. After a couple of drinks on the 2nd day I blew up at the guy and a staff member intervened before it escalated which was good but my wife is put off at the thought of another incident and wants to avoid the CN AN beach. I'm hoping this was a once in a lifetime incident as the forum posts seem to paint a tranquil picture! Anyone have any problems there?
    Wow way to make friends and influence others !!!
    been to gln and cn multiple time and never experienced anything like that however i am sure it does happen ( your case in point)
    CN beach deep large enough for the normal ebb and flow of AN users. Typical day people who sit on the beach are quiet and normally stick to a polite hello. Social interaction normally takes place in bloody bay while waiting for a drink by the bar and in the hot tub. CN offers a great dynamic and it is cool how those who frequent the AN beach intuitively know the rules of engagement go get nekkid spark up and enjoy

Been to CN 6 times and we only spend time at the AN beach. We have never had any type of situation on the beach there in any form what so ever. You may have been a magnet to the only whacko who came to the island and Couples attracts a much better class of people than that.

Besides the clothed gawkers walking along the beach at CN, I haven't ever experienced anyone so blatantly disrespectful. Most of the creeps are more clever than that!

In fact, I have seen more of the opposite...exhibitionists who seem to enjoy extra attention.

Default No worries

Sorry to hear about your bad experience bigblue. We were at CN AN just recently and had no such thing happen to us. As the other posters have mentioned, the AN side has one of the most considerate crowds on the beach.

There was one brief incident our week where a rather high-strung German fellow got upset with another couple for allegedly stealing his chair and towels. His accusations were ridiculous and unfounded. The rest of us rallied to the hapless couple. It wasn't long before they were sitting and socializing with the rest of us. The high-strung accuser ended up sitting by himself in the corner of the beach for the rest of the week. Shame!

People need to chill a little. Isn't the rat race what we're all trying to get away from?

Tell your dear wife not to worry. Other than Mr. Towel Sergeant, the scene at CN AN our week was idyllic. We only wish we didn't wait two days before venturing over.

The only issue I have with the CN AN beach is it is on a public beach which can create some uncomfortable moments. Two years ago we had an entire wedding party walk up through the AN beach looking and laughing and being quite immature as they marched through.

That said there can be years where no such event happens but going forward our new favorite AN experience is CDD SSB which is completely private AN sunbathing - until 5 that is and by then you won't much care.
    ... it keepsh me shane

bigblue

That's why there is a big difference between GLB and Couples Negril.

At CN they act like adults.

We never had any such problem like that at CN. I guess we know better.

Thanks so much for all of the replies! I plan to show them to my wife in the coming weeks as our stay draws nearer. I hope she will give it another chance. Cheers!

Bigblue, never had a problem like you described. Been to CTI, CSS & CN AN sections. CN is the quietest and smallest AN of the bunch of them. CN only has a bar and a hot tub in the AN section, it is not that big so not a lot of action. There is no central gathering place to spend socializing (swim-up bar etc). Which is good for me (I think I read three books in one week!). As long as you don't mind the gawking from the people passing by along the shoreline I think you should be good. If being left alone is what you want I don't see a problem.

Thanks ddc! It isn't about being left alone for us. We love to socialize and meet new people on vacation. This guy was just over the top! You have to imagine him moving his chair to be right alongside my wife at waist-level when she was laying on her back and then moving his chair to her feet when she flipped over. The craziest thing was that his wife just ignored his behavior and kept talking me up as if to distract me. I don't even mind close quarters as some have said the AN beach is small but I would definitely prefer more space than these people gave us!

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    bigblue

That's why there is a big difference between GLB and Couples Negril.

At CN they act like adults.

We never had any such problem like that at CN. I guess we know better.
    rdymjm -how often have you stayed at gln and in the times you have how often have you encountered such behaviour?

steverandlinda

I don't stay at GL aka Breezes. I stay at Couples Negril and I have never had an experience anything such as what bigblue speaks about.

I have experienced the gawkers that come from GLN.

Hey Bigblue we're islanders by habit as well but will be at CN in July - 18th-24th. I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about there. Couples attracts a better breed then that.

Sorry to hear about that BigBlue. Sure sounds like these guys could have been swingers. I've had the same problem from time to time as my wife is very "lippy" (if you know what I mean!) and seems to attract the creepy gawker types. I've found it is best to just say "no thanks not interested" and they will be on their way. This is definitely not normal behavior and she shouldn't give up on the AN beaches just because of one guy. Almost all of us are just good folks!

Thanks Tim and I really appreciate your post. My wife is 5'9" and lean and as "lippy" as they come so maybe that is the attraction or something. I have my wife convinced that this was a one-time deal so I plan on visiting the AN beach while we are at CN in late July. I hope she will agree but you never know but you are right. Most folks you encounter are good folks so play the odds! Big Blue

Wanted to chime in on this one...Been to CTI 4 times, CN 1x, and only once was there any small issues with anyone being disrespectful. It seems to be an unusual event at a Couples Resort. As far as the gawkers on the beach at CN, we had one that was lingering a little too long for people last Sept, so I just decided to get up and walk right by them and say hello and go into the water. Seems that people who are clothed are afraid of naked people, as they left the area rather quickly. No need for me to say anything other than "Hi, how ya doin'?" The look on their faces was priceless though!

Don't let what someone else might think disturb your day! People walking by may look, but who cares???!! We are nekkid and not ashamed! You could always say to them, "Wow, now that's an ugly bathing suit!!"

sherm143

It's even better when you have a few people on the AN beach that are front row and give them the standing wave. They walk even faster when they know THEY are being watched.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    . . . . After a couple of drinks on the 2nd day I blew up at the guy . . . .
    Two days before you blew up at him? I admire your restraint. We had a couple follow us around on one occasion, and I put an end to that pretty quickly.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Thanks Pamela! I finally felt like it was time to take a swing (that is, a punch and not a romp) at him and one of the activities guys jumped right in between us at the perfect time. I was seeing red but was also really worried about heading off to jail in Negril so I'm glad there was a better outcome. It takes alot to ruffle my feathers but that level of creepiness was enough to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    sherm143

It's even better when you have a few people on the AN beach that are front row and give them the standing wave. They walk even faster when they know THEY are being watched.
    RDYJMJM, My wife actually suggested that I do that as a couple was walking by and the women was gawking so hard she started to walk away from her man and walk into the water, so you'll be happy to know I stood up and started slathering on the oil. Not sure if it disturbed her, but her man started walking away from the beach faster!

I could care less if they look, or want to look, as I'm already A/N, and if they want or more importantly, don't want to see more I'm only happy to oblige.

bigblue -. At CN we had someone on the 3rd floor walkway of the building closest to the Grand Lido taking pictures with telephoto lens of us AN'ers. I noticed him and got his attention. Someone else acted like they were going to run after him so he took off toward the stairs at the other end of the building. A bunch of us stood on the jacuzzi deck looking over the hedge and waited for him to try and sneak by on the other side of the "natural pond". We all gave him a few word of encouragement not to try that again. At the other resorts the only issues we had were the people that would walk through the area acting like they were "lost". This wont happen at Bueno anymore as they have instituted a nudity tax. I hope this never happens to you again as there is no better vacation than a naked vacation.

sherm143

I have 2 days left until I start my NEW collection of GAWKER pictures. Stay tuned.

You have to love them all.

Attachment 6170

Attachment 6171

Attachment 6172

Attachment 6173

Attachment 6174
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; May 8th, 2010 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RummPunch View Post
    bigblue -. At CN we had someone on the 3rd floor walkway of the building closest to the Grand Lido taking pictures with telephoto lens of us AN'ers. I noticed him and got his attention. Someone else acted like they were going to run after him so he took off toward the stairs at the other end of the building. A bunch of us stood on the jacuzzi deck looking over the hedge and waited for him to try and sneak by on the other side of the "natural pond". We all gave him a few word of encouragement not to try that again. At the other resorts the only issues we had were the people that would walk through the area acting like they were "lost". This wont happen at Bueno anymore as they have instituted a nudity tax. I hope this never happens to you again as there is no better vacation than a naked vacation.
    Thanks so much for the encouragement. Seems like there will always be folks out there who ruin the AN experience for others. I am crossing my fingers that my wife will take advantage of the AN beach when we visit CN in July but I am not holding my breath. That's actually sad when you think of it....

bigblue

Grab a few beach chairs towards the back area and no one should be able to bother you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast