Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CTI Au naturel

Default CTI Au naturel

The reviews have been really helpful and hoping it will help me get my nerve up to try the island right away with my hubby. Any words of wisdom to go the very first day? Leaving in six weeks and have never taken a romantic, alone trip with my hubby of 19 yrs!! We have always traveled with friends, but this time it is just us for 7 wonderful days!!

Words of wisdom? Well you already know to go the first day, that is a big one. The reason is simple, if you enjoy yourselves, which most do, you will want to go back as often as you can.

My fiance wasn't sure about going, but after assuring her that if we didn't like it, we wouldn't have to go back, she seemed to be on-board with the idea. I also told her about going to the right side to have privacy and that I'd be her bartender, that did the trick...

Plus we had a few drinks before going out there, so that helped too.

We stayed to the right our first couple days, but we had become friends with some people here on the forums before our stay, so we instantly hit it off with them on the island and at dinner. We did try out the pool one day, but my fiance is a bit shy, so she wanted to just relax with a book off by ourselves, so we did that and really enjoyed ourselves. We are agonizing over where to go on our honeymoon.. cti is the easy and somewhat obvious choice, since we loved our time there and will definitely be returning, just not entirely sure if that is what we want to do for our honeymoon... we're contemplating a fall trip to cti and possibly going somewhere else in May after our wedding, provided we can afford to do both.

I was so scared my first time, but literally within 5 minutes of sitting alone on the right side, we went over to the bar/pool area and met some great people, it was like instant comfort, way more natural than I ever thought possible.
    I do suggest wearing a suit thats easy to take on and off, because the last thing you will want to do at the end of the day is put clothes back on so the less constriciting the better.

Ontheflipside, Have a mimosa or two for breakfast and head right over the first morning.

ontheflipside,

Our first time to the island was 15 years ago and we remember the nervous feeling. Now we start getting undressed half way over. LOL

As everyone says, go first day at 9 am. Go to right side of island as you walk up the steps and set up camp. Others will gradually show up. Bartender will probably open at 9:30 or 10 am.

What day are you arriving. We will be there until Jan. 5th.

We did it for the first time in 99' and thought "This way we can say we did it!" and we'll be back on friday and can't wait! Once you go, you know...

Just relax and go, go, go, go, go!!!! We tried it not expecting to like it, and it's now our favorite place in the world!!!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Barren (and if you are about to get married I sincerely hope you aren't...barren that is! ;-) ) why not try Couples Sans Souci for your honeymoon? The sunset beach (AN) is totally amazing and there is plenty of space to be private, or join in the fun at the pool, bar, jacuzzi and grill area. It a brilliant place and more romantic, by far, than what we saw on our trip to CTI. Good luck with choosing, it must be hell!

We had huge regrets after going to the island. My wife and I, also on our 19th year, had been to Couples twice. We had always wondered about going over there and had kind of talked about it, but never did. On the third trip to Couples, we decided to go over. Taking the advice of practicaly everyone on the MB, we went on the first day. We did not go to the right side of the island as most advise, but went directly to the pool area. In our first two trips, we ahd spent 16 days at the resort and hence the HUGE REGRETS........all those days were wasted and we can never get that "island time" back. Subsequently, we have mad two more trips and have spent every day on the island. My advise....Don't let the regret bug bite you like it bit us!!!!!!!

One Love,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    We had huge regrets after going to the island. My wife and I, also on our 19th year, had been to Couples twice. We had always wondered about going over there and had kind of talked about it, but never did. On the third trip to Couples, we decided to go over. Taking the advice of practicaly everyone on the MB, we went on the first day. We did not go to the right side of the island as most advise, but went directly to the pool area. In our first two trips, we ahd spent 16 days at the resort and hence the HUGE REGRETS........all those days were wasted and we can never get that "island time" back. Subsequently, we have mad two more trips and have spent every day on the island. My advise....Don't let the regret bug bite you like it bit us!!!!!!!

One Love,
    Billy

LOL @Billy!!! I was wondering where you were going with that!

We also took everyone's advice and went the first day. Kelli was the hesitant one, so taking everyone's advice again, I was planning to hit the island and go right. Imagine my surprise when Kelli went left and chose two loungers right by the pool!

Aside from marrying me, it was the best decision she ever made! Since that first day, we've spent every possible day poolside on TI...

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Wintersun, when do you arrive at CTI? We will def be on the island Dec. 11-23. Hope to meet you there!

Quote Originally Posted by wintersun View Post
    ontheflipside,

Our first time to the island was 15 years ago and we remember the nervous feeling. Now we start getting undressed half way over. LOL

As everyone says, go first day at 9 am. Go to right side of island as you walk up the steps and set up camp. Others will gradually show up. Bartender will probably open at 9:30 or 10 am.

What day are you arriving. We will be there until Jan. 5th.
    We will be there Jan 2-9th. Can't believe it is less than a month. I still feel like I should pinch myself Thanks for the encouragement, not sure I am getting undressed quite yet-it is below zero here now and hard to think like that yet

rae_Dave,

We arrive on Dec. 29, only 7 day trip for us. Sorry we will miss you guys.

My boyfriend and I will be at CTI from Jan 6-13. I really want to try the island but my boyfriend is the one hesitating and I'm not going without him. I'm just curious about the layout of the island as you can't really see pictures of it. I understand there's a bar and a pool correct? I'm sure once we get there he will give in and come with me.

ontheflipside,

Looks like we don't live that far apart, in the Great White North. If this is your first trip together in 19 years, you are really going to enjoy Couples Resorts. They have created this great environment where you can spend lots of quality & romantic time together and socialize with others as much as you wish.

AND, Tower Island is just the coolest spot to hang out during the day. It feels like your own little tropical island, that you share with a few friends, you'll see.

Over the years, we have met some great people from your state and still correspond with a few. Look forward to meeting you guys.

What time do you arrive on the 2nd?

trewluv72,
    When you look at the island from shore.........
    you can see the floating dock where the boat lets you off. Up those stairs and on your immediate left is a large pagoda. This covers the bar and the pool on the island is between it and the shore side of the island. As you go up the dtairs, the tower is to the right. The is a restroom in the base of the tower and stairs leading to the top. Great pictures of the resort can be taken from there. If someone is going up to take pics, they will usually inform others that they are doing so and will take extra precaution to not get anyone in those shots. Past the tower is a long sidewalk that leads to a point that overlooks the coral reef that surrounds the back side of the island. Straight up the stairs and past the pagoda and tower is the backside of the island. There are large cement walkways that you can use to stand on and flash the catamaran as it passes. Also, this is a great spot to be every afternoon for the feeding of the fishes. A must see while you are there. Hope this small guide helps....
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

We were there for our first time from Nov. 11th-18th. We went to the island right after we were married, literally, the wedding was at 10 am and we were off to the island by 11:30! We never had a better time in our lives! Our friends were with us and we are all hooked! From that day on, we were the first ones out there, and the last to leave every day!! Go, go, go...it is so much fun you will never regret it!

rae_Dave,

We arrive on Dec. 29, only 7 day trip for us. Sorry we will miss you guys.
    we will see you there wintersun you will love it xx looking forward to having a drink with you on the island

Thanks so much for all the words of encouragement I am more excited than completely nervous. I turned 40 this year and maybe this will be a new leaf I am going to turn over!! Live carefree, right? I am not worried about being around others naked, but more self conscious about my own body. What time is the best to go? 9 am?

ontheflipside,

Most will recomend that you go at 9:00 am, if you want to get settled and comfortable before others show up. On the other hand, if you arrive at the resort in mid-afternoon, don't hesitate to head over at 3 or 4 pm. Some are leaving by then, so there is always room somewhere. Island does close at 5 pm.

And yes, 40 is a good time to live a little! Remember, this may the most liberating experience of your life (ie. becoming comfortable with your own body in the company of others). Everyone else on the island was once in your shoes.

Those of you arriving after Christmas, you may have a good surprise waiting: Work has commenced on rebuilding the pier on TI, so getting on and off the boat will be easier. On the down side, TI is CLOSED "for a few days" right now, so we are being bussed to SSB for the next few days, at least. We leave Thurs., so off we go to CSS today!

ontheflipside,

Looks like we don't live that far apart, in the Great White North. If this is your first trip together in 19 years, you are really going to enjoy Couples Resorts. They have created this great environment where you can spend lots of quality & romantic time together and socialize with others as much as you wish.

AND, Tower Island is just the coolest spot to hang out during the day. It feels like your own little tropical island, that you share with a few friends, you'll see.

Over the years, we have met some great people from your state and still correspond with a few. Look forward to meeting you guys.

What time do you arrive on the 2nd?
    I expect to be there around 2 or 3. Our plane arrives at 12N in Montego Bay and then the bus ride included. The long day of travel is going to be well work it

ontheflipside,

That's a good time to arrive. Come over to the island after you get settled.

We won't know who you are, but if you put up a flag, we will bring you your first drink.

When exactly is this couple of days going to be up? Sounds like a major change to the set up we signed up for!!! We're arriving Jan 13th. Any ideas?
    Karen and Doug

Quote Originally Posted by rae_Dave View Post
    Those of you arriving after Christmas, you may have a good surprise waiting: Work has commenced on rebuilding the pier on TI, so getting on and off the boat will be easier. On the down side, TI is CLOSED "for a few days" right now, so we are being bussed to SSB for the next few days, at least. We leave Thurs., so off we go to CSS today!

Does anyone know how long island will be closed? We arrive at Tower Isle on January 15th.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast