Default Bringing my computer

We will be at CN from Jan. 22- Feb. 6 and want to keep in touch with our kids and grandkids while we are away. I was wondering if I brought my computer, is there wi-fi so that I can touch base with my kids via Skype?

Anyone??

I was doing some research on that myself as we are at CN from 15 Jan - 23 and are bringing our computer as well. According to everything we have read, no problem mon getting an internet signal and ppl have used skype with ease... Have fun!!

Why not just use the internet cafe? I think it's too much trouble...jmho

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

i brought my laptop and had no trouble with wifi signal. i loved checking my email in the room rather than having to wait for a computer. i even connected with my kindle on the beach to download books. I don't know about skype. have fun. wish it was us!

We just returned from CN and used our laptop the whole time. We skyped a few times with family back home and it worked fine. The wi-fi connection seemed to slow down a bit around 5pm every day, I'm guessing because a lot of people leave the beach/pool and return to their rooms before dinner?

Default Laptop storage

Hi all,
    Are the rooms safes at CN able to fit a laptop? We would like to bring ours with us.

Thanks

I want to be able to chat with my grandkids so that's why I want to bring mine.

Default Yes, you will be connected!

We were at CN last February, our room was in the 300 block,just to the right of the Asian restaurant. We had great wifi reception, even at the beach we could get the net on our Ipod touch. Hope you have a great trip.
    We are heading to CTI on the 4th Of February, we loved CN, our travel group wanted to try another couples so CTI this year. Next year, don't know for sure but do know it definately will be a Couples Resort.

Cynthia
    Cynthia

Quote Originally Posted by D&J View Post
    Hi all,
    Are the rooms safes at CN able to fit a laptop? We would like to bring ours with us.

Thanks
    These are the dimensions, in inches, of the safes at CN :

12.5 deep inside
    5.25 high inside
    16.5 wide inside, but the safe door limits it to 12.5 wide at entry

Depends on the size of your laptop if it will fit. My MacBook fits fine in the safe, but my husbands 17" laptop does not. We have always taken our laptops and left them unlocked in the room and they have been safe.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by D&J View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks
    my wife and I took 2 macbooks, 1 dslr, 2 point and shoots, cash, jewelry, passports, wallets and never had to worry about any of it being left in the room. even when I left cash sitting on the dresser to dry after getting soaked at dolphin cove. Bring it and be secure in the knowledge that none of the staff is going to bother your stuff

I just returned from CTI and used my laptop to skype my children all week. I did not get wifi in my room, so I went to the lobby every day. My kids enjoyed seeing the ocean in the background so it worked nicely. The internet was slow at times so I did have to call back a few times, but it made the trip easier. The internet cafe does not have webcams, so skype cannot be used there.

Has anyone ever bought a computer lock. I did not think our
    computer would fit in the safe.

My hubby locks his in his suitcase when he takes it.
    Vicky

how much does it cost to use the wi-fi?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Why not just use the internet cafe? I think it's too much trouble...jmho
    The Internet Cafe would be fine for checking email. However, on our last trip to CTI, we wanted to video Skype with our young daughter while we were away. So we brought our laptop. Video conferencing is not possible at the Internet Cafe as all the CPUs (and consequently all of the USB ports) are locked in cabinets. You are not able to connect any web cams/mics. Not to mention that I doubt that Couples would want or even allow people to download any software like Skype, MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger onto their computers. We had wifi in our room most always, although it was a somewhat slow connection speed at times. We had one day when the resort's internet provider was down, so no internet even in the internet cafe. All in all, it worked well for us.

As an aside, having our laptop came in handy since I completely filled our 2G memory card on our camera and was able to empty it onto my laptop and take more pictures and video.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; January 13th, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We spent a week at CSA in October and left our laptop out the whole week on the counter in the room and it never appeared to be touched. I never even considered putting it in the safe. Also left the camera bag in the room several times and it never looked like it got messed with either and they came in to do turn down service. I don't think I'd worry.

Macbook pro fits in the safe.

Dorothy: Not sure where you would cable the computer (at least in the Gardenview room). Your best bet might be a good secure lock on a bag.

Quote Originally Posted by jc View Post
    We will be at CN from Jan. 22- Feb. 6 and want to keep in touch with our kids and grandkids while we are away. I was wondering if I brought my computer, is there wi-fi so that I can touch base with my kids via Skype?
    .....The resort itself has a "computer room" with a half dozen computers for guest use. Up to you, but I wouldn't bring my own.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcan54 View Post
    how much does it cost to use the wi-fi?
    No charge.

If you have a smartphone, how about leaving the laptop at home and just using the Skype app for your phone? Or Google Voice? Or any number of other options!