Default November Photo Contest Winners from December Photos?

By any chance did any body else notice that the winners from the November photo contest are actually from the December photos?

Yes, Let's make it official. I screwed up. I THOUGHT I was looking at the December pictures...

Sorry about that. We will combine December and January pictures and select two top winners.

Couples Resorts

I'm confused. There was and will be no winner from the November group? Maybe I am reading this wrong. I'm sure it will get fixed somehow.

Huh, I am confused, that means there will be no winner picked from November photos???????

Randy,
    Do you mean November and January entries will be combined? The current winners were picked from the December entries instead of the November group. Also the 3rd place winner had more than the allowed 3 entries

You picked winners from December photos and announced them as November winners, you need to pick winners from Novembers photo's and announce them as December winners.

Yea, i noticed too...

are you gonna be re-picking a November winner?
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

So the entries from November won't be considered? Confused!

Wow Randymon, to hear you say you screwed up and to know that I am the winner of the November contest. Now its bittersweet; I don't know if I should feel guilty or honored, because there were so many great pictures in the Decmember contest.

I actually entered my picture on November 30th but they were listed in the December contest enteries. I thought someone noticed I was in the wrong group and I was still considered mine for the November contest.

It takes a big man to admit he made a mistake, way to go Randy!

I know the November winner, posted in November but thier pictures were listed in the December entrys. Are the all the entrys posted in December still in a contest?

Default What about the November pictures?

Randy,

Does this mean the pictures submitted under the November thread were never considered?

Should photes submitted under the November thread be resubmitted under the January thread, or do you plan to announce a true November set of winners?

Thanks.

so is there going to be a November wiiner? The way you worded it, it sounds like you wil be selecting another winner from December and not November

Maybe I'm missing something.... But if the November winner's were taken out of the December Photo's, then why would December and Jan be combined? Are the November pictures not even going to be considered? Just curious....

I will select a winner from the real November pictures AND a winner for January.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Sueboo View Post
    Randy,
    Also the 3rd place winner had more than the allowed 3 entries
    I noticed this also, but was afraid to say something...

BUT . . . This still does not answer the problem that the first place winner chosen for the month of December SHOULD HAVE BEEN included with the November pictures, as it was posted in November. Secondly, the third place winner came from someone who posted 10 photos into the contest, way over the limit of 3 pictures. Then finally, and perhaps most important, the "December" winners were chosen before the month was over, and there were a number of people who posted pictures in the December contest after the winners were chosen, that have now lost their opportunity to win a prize for that month. I think all of these issues should be addressed as well.
    Last edited by KarenON; January 10th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
    (Karen&Paul)

I'll have to agree that submissions that don't meet the criteria should be dropped...maybe don't even approve them in the thread.

I also remember how we used to have to take the pictures ourselves, but it seems like this has been waived.

yep...not right.....

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    BUT . . . This still does not answer the problem that the first place winner chosen for the month of December SHOULD HAVE BEEN included with the November pictures, as it was posted in November. Secondly, the third place winner came from someone who posted 10 photos into the contest, way over the limit of 3 pictures. Then finally, and perhaps most important, the "December" winners were chosen before the month was over, and there were a number of people who posted pictures in the December contest after the winners were chosen, that have now lost their opportunity to win a prize for that month. I think all of these issues should be addressed as well.
    I don't know that there is a good way to solve this other than to just pick three more winners. The winner was from November but his photos were compared to the ones from December I believe so who can say if that photo would have won had it had been judged with the other Nov photos. I guess maybe all the Dec photos submitted after the judging was completed could be added to the Jan photos.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    Agreed!

Im trying to post pictures under the Jan Photo Contest, but it is not giving me the "Submit reply" or Preview Post" buttons... any ideas???

Default Photos

Yes, at the end of the page there is a drop down box on the left side. Click on the drop down and highlight Default Style. Your screen will change and you should see a submit reply button.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, that worked.... I have never had to do that before!!!

Can you pick Novembers winner soon,we are going to CN in late February and would be nice to know before than.