Default Day tour to YS Falls and the Pelican Bar

We are at CN from Jan.29-Feb.8/2011. We are looking for a tour company that can be recommended for a day trip to YS Falls and the Pelican Bar. We don't want a big tour bus company but a smaller more personal approach. Would anyone have suggestions or an interest in sharing expenses to book a great day outing?!!

Default YS Falls and Floyds

Its funny you should ask this. We did YS falls and Floyd's on December 22nd. Our driver Kingsley was the best. He took time to explain things about the island to us on the way. He showed us different plants, taught us about the food and the people. He always make sure we were safe and comfortable and knew where to go. He set up our boat driver to floyd's for us, so we didn't have to wait.
    He heard us talking about not having eaten breakfast yet so he asked if we liked fish and took us to his favorite place off the side of the road. He was our driver for four days we used him to do all of our excursions and to transfer resorts. He's such a great person, I miss him already. I uploaded a couple of pictures. If you want more info email me redblueku@hotmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images      

My husband and I took a trip to YS and Pelican Bar last January when we were there. It was a blast and the Pelican Bar is one of coolest places we've been. We did not want to take a big tour bus and be on their time either. We read on Trip Advisor about a trusted driver named Kenny. We booked with him through email and he picked us up at the resort around 9 and the trip was purely on our time. We were able to stop when we wanted...for shrimp, red stripes, potty, whatever. He gave us great information about the island as well. I think the trip cost a couple hundred bucks for both of us and that included the drive to both places, entrance fees, boat ride to and from Pelican Bar and I believe tip. Kenny does stay with you most of the time which we enjoyed.....he was nice and took many pictures for us. I can't remember his exact email but it was kennyjamaica. something....sorry. Maybe somebody else can help with his email or try tripadvisor.com travel forum. Enjoy the Pelican Bar....it's wonderful!

My husband and I are also going to be at CN 1/29-2/6 for our honeymoon and are looking into that tour as well. We would possibly be interested in joining up with a small group to save on expenses! We're always enjoy meeting new friends on vacation!

Did you post on the Trip Advisor message board also?

Jccam; We did the same tour, only added the Appleton Rum Estate with it. Had a great guide who was very personable and very informative. Took us wherever we wanted as well as tips on where to stop for food etc. The price was great too. We've recommended them to several people, with positive feedback. Let me know if your interested and I'll send email.
    Ken & Gina

YES we did post on trip adviser and I believe i sent you an email as well

contact me if you like liljohn1@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by jamielj615 View Post
    My husband and I are also going to be at CN 1/29-2/6 for our honeymoon and are looking into that tour as well. We would possibly be interested in joining up with a small group to save on expenses! We're always enjoy meeting new friends on vacation!

Did you post on the Trip Advisor message board also?

Ken & Gina,
    We'd also be interested in info on your tour guide for the Appleton/YS Falls/Pelican Bar excursion. We'll be at CN again in March and are interested in exploring offsite a little more than we have in the past.
    You can reach us at chaile@illicom.net.
    Thanks!
    Jerry & Cindy

Default Kingsley Take Care Tours

Kingsley has a small business with two drivers other than himself. He has the best prices that I have seen and I did a lot of research on this for our excursions. Very nice and accommodating, and will take you anywhere you would like to go! Just wanted to post his email because he is a great driver and wonderful person. takecaretours@hotmail.com Thanks guys have fun on your trips!

Forgot to add his website kingsleytakecaretours.com

We are from Southern Sask and would possibly be interested in doing this trip too.

JC
    email me liljohn1@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by jc View Post
    We are from Southern Sask and would possibly be interested in doing this trip too.